Author Topic: Trump is plowing and salting the fields of a bureaucratic oligarchy  (Read 607 times)

Offline endicom

Don Surber
Apr. 8, 2017

President Trump is doing several things no Republican president would do (unless his name rhymed with Treagan). One that deserves attention is cutting the rules and regulations that strangle America.

Long overdue is his assault on the bureaucratic oligarchy, which has grown from taking orders into bossing businesses around.

His latest rein thrown on the wild horses of the bureaucracy is the appointment of Neomi Rao as head of the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs.

Like General Mattis running the Pentagon, and billionaire Wilbur Ross running Commerce, Rao is an expert on the way the bureaucracy "promulgates" seemingly innocuous and beneficent laws into harsh restrictions on the freedoms of the people.

More... http://donsurber.blogspot.com/2017/04/trump-is-plowing-and-salting-fields-of.html

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Re: Trump is plowing and salting the fields of a bureaucratic oligarchy
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 02:08:21 pm »
But, but, but Republicans hate women.  And they are white supremacists to boot.

I just don't understand how Republicans like Bush and Trump can keep putting women, especially minority women, in positions of power.  Quick, I need some CNN fast before I blow a gasket.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 02:09:41 pm »
/snicker

"Treagan" - right.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 02:32:06 pm »
Today the EPA.

Tomorrow the IRS and DoED, hopefully.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 02:49:01 pm »
http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/the-shockingly-high-price-of-federal-regulations/

For those of us who used to read The Wall Street Journal religiously we'd discover a repeating editorial that would pop up every few years like clockwork.  Although the wording was slightly different each time the underlying theme was the same.

Economists always miss the big picture.  Despite decades of research, fancy algorithms, and multiple Ivy League degrees these experts never ever seemed to get it right.  "How could this be", the editorial board would ask.   Gee, those fancy algorithms used to work pretty well back in the '70s.

The editorial board would then cite possible explanations such as expanding global markets and great advances in technology.  The old algorithms might not be factoring these significant changes they would speculate.  Plus, economics is an extremely complex subject.

----

It's no mystery to me and I'm not very smart.  For the tiny fee of a million dollars per Ivy League school (there are 8) I'll be happy to fix their outdated algorithms.  But I do have a few conditions in my contract.  First, they must pay in a stable currency, I prefer Swiss Francs.  Secondly, the Francs must be deposited into an offshore account in the Grand Caymans.  Once I can verify the deposit then and only then will the magic secret will be revealed - but it's cash up front.  No IOU's.

Don't tell anyone but the chart above holds the key.  It won't bother me a bit when the Ivy Leaguers line up for the next Nobel Prize in economics or angle to have a new building named after them, I'll be on the beach with my toes in the sand.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 03:34:50 pm »
Today the EPA.

From your lips....

geronl

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 03:40:06 pm »
How many agencies has he abolished? How much power has the government relinquished?

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 04:46:18 pm »
Today the EPA.

Not without a Herculean struggle.

One reason I have hope for Trump is that he probably won't give a crap about how many times he's written off as finished by the news media or the POWs(Pundits Oracles Wonks). If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

geronl

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 05:00:28 pm »
Has the executive branch become less powerful?