Author Topic: U.S. Navy strike group to move toward Korean peninsula: U.S. official  (Read 4937 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: U.S. Navy strike group to move toward Korean peninsula: U.S. official
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2017, 05:36:08 pm »
Maybe I shouldn't have posted this, this doesn't sound like it will happen.... but one might also realize the gravity of the situation. Our intelligence is bound to know things we obviously do not.

I was looking for that thread about Chinese troops on the border, I wanted to add on, I heard someone say, maybe the troops are there if the North Koreans try to flee their country.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2017, 05:36:41 pm »
Breaking: North Korea Strike Imminent

From same source that warned me about Syria strikes last Thursday morning

Dear God I hope this is wrong.  The lives of millions of South Koreans are at stake.

Millions of North Koreans too - whose only "crime" was to be born in the wrong place.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Idiot

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2017, 05:39:15 pm »
Millions of North Koreans too - whose only "crime" was to be born in the wrong place.
Absolutely...........

Offline skeeter

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2017, 05:41:17 pm »
Breaking: North Korea Strike Imminent

From same source that warned me about Syria strikes last Thursday morning

Dear God I hope this is wrong.  The lives of millions of South Koreans are at stake.

Yow.

We've gotten used to North Korea threatening to nuke us.

I'm not sure how wise a policy it is to blow it off when someone threatens to kill you. But this is North Korea after all, so I have no idea what a proper response would be.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2017, 05:42:55 pm »
I often see it though in simple terms, what if someone in your neighborhood is threatening you or your family. Do you just sit back and say, "well, he doesn't really mean it". That's just an analogy but I think it's a good enough analogy to show what our leaders and those of places like Israel face.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2017, 05:43:43 pm »
Maybe I shouldn't have posted this, this doesn't sound like it will happen.... but one might also realize the gravity of the situation. Our intelligence is bound to know things we obviously do not.

I was looking for that thread about Chinese troops on the border, I wanted to add on, I heard someone say, maybe the troops are there if the North Koreans try to flee their country.

Maybe the US has given China the go ahead to occupy Nork.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2017, 05:49:47 pm »
WWHD?

What would Hillary do?

I am pretty sure whatever it would be would make a bad situation worse.
Ignore or appease.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2017, 05:57:07 pm »
Maybe the US has given China the go ahead to occupy Nork.

check it out

China Threatens To Bomb North Korea's Nuclear Facilities If It Crosses Beijing's "Bottom Line"

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,258085.msg1288331/topicseen.html#msg1288331

Offline skeeter

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2017, 06:10:37 pm »
check it out

China Threatens To Bomb North Korea's Nuclear Facilities If It Crosses Beijing's "Bottom Line"

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,258085.msg1288331/topicseen.html#msg1288331

1) NK threatens US with a nuke strike
2) US moves carrier battle group into position to strike NK nuclear facilities
3) China invades NK ostensibly to protect Northeast China from fallout and refugee crisis resulting from a US strike

Rogue NK problem solved.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 06:11:59 pm by skeeter »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2017, 06:24:06 pm »
I often see it though in simple terms, what if someone in your neighborhood is threatening you or your family. Do you just sit back and say, "well, he doesn't really mean it". That's just an analogy but I think it's a good enough analogy to show what our leaders and those of places like Israel face.
You take the threat seriously (to do less would be foolish), you make ready, be vigilant, and at the first sign of a hostile act, you end the fight. You don't drive up to their doorstep and preemptively firebomb their house.
We should be able to shoot down NK missiles and such, if our defenses are what they are supposed to be. From there, it is a question of what to hit and how hard.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2017, 06:24:57 pm »
1) NK threatens US with a nuke strike
2) US moves carrier battle group into position to strike NK nuclear facilities
3) China invades NK ostensibly to protect Northeast China from fallout and refugee crisis resulting from a US strike

Rogue NK problem solved.
Yeah and no. Then it's China on the other side of the DMZ.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2017, 06:36:15 pm »
Thanks. Let's keep this thread updated with anything we find.
@EC
@LonestarDream

While the catalyst is unclear, it appears the market dropped as headlines of further sanctions against Russia appeared and reports of China deploying 150,000 troops to its North Korea border.

According to Korean news agency Chosun, the "Chinese army has deployed about 150,000 troops to the North Korean border in two groups to prepare for unforeseen circumstances." The reason: the prospect of "military options", such as preemptive attacks on North Korea, like the one the United States launched on Syria.

Source: Chosen news via ZH

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-10/stocks-slide-below-airstrikes-support-amid-russia-china-chatter
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2017, 06:38:21 pm »
If China takes takes over NK, at least we go from senseless nuke war scenario to sensible nuke war scenario.

The Chinese moved these troops in AFTER the carrier move, Mar- A - Lago diplomacy and Tomahawk diplomacy.....
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2017, 06:54:47 pm »
??

this is routine, we've had naval exercises and stuff happening over there all the time.

Routine you say?   Never been on a Westpac Deployment have you. 

Here is a routine deployment. San Diego to Hawaii. Hawaii to Okinawa. Okinawa to South Korea. South Korea to Hong Kong. Hong Kong to the Philippines. Philippines to Thailand. Thailand to Singapore. Singapore to Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka to Somalia. Somolia to Kenya. Kenya to Diego Garcia. Diego Garcia to Perth, Australia. Perth to Brisbane, Australia. Brisbane to Philippines. Philippines to Hawaii and Hawaii back to San Diego.... 10 months.

If you were to take the time to actually READ the story it states the vessels will operate in the Western Pacific rather than making previously planned port visits.  No geroni - not routine.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline skeeter

« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2017, 07:02:09 pm »

If the choice is between an opportunistic quasi-capitalist oligarchy and a sociopathic dynastic lunaticocracy I believe I'll take the former.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2017, 07:16:45 pm »

It wouldn't be a DMZ anymore. Though not an open border, Koreans are today free to travel to China on business, or vacations and trade with as well.  Just as we do.  Even though China is far down the list of desirable places to live for people wanting to be free, it  would be a far better scenario for the world and for the North and South Koreans if China did annex NK.   Though that is not the only scenario.   A One-Korea is still desirable.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2017, 07:18:33 pm »
China's spokesperson says she is not aware of China moving troops to the border.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2017, 09:57:19 pm »
It wouldn't be a DMZ anymore. Though not an open border, Koreans are today free to travel to China on business, or vacations and trade with as well.  Just as we do.  Even though China is far down the list of desirable places to live for people wanting to be free, it  would be a far better scenario for the world and for the North and South Koreans if China did annex NK.   Though that is not the only scenario.   A One-Korea is still desirable.

South Korea is not going to standby and let China annex North Korea.....its amazing to me how we in the west seem to forget that the South Koreans have an enormous stake in any action that either we or the Chinese may take...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2017, 10:09:10 pm »
South Korea is not going to standby and let China annex North Korea.....its amazing to me how we in the west seem to forget that the South Koreans have an enormous stake in any action that either we or the Chinese may take...

In the past several decades North Korea has killed dozens of South Koreans in unprovoked attacks. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they wouldn't object if China unseated the nutter currently running the place.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2017, 10:22:36 pm »
In the past several decades North Korea has killed dozens of South Koreans in unprovoked attacks. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they wouldn't object if China unseated the nutter currently running the place.
Recall, if you will, the South Koreans fought both Chinese and North Korean troops. When my father was over there, the Chinese and the NorKs used hostage villagers as a screen in front of advancing troops. I doubt the South Koreans have forgotten that. I know my Dad hasn't.

C S Lewis

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2017, 10:48:02 pm »
China rejects North Korean coal shipments, opts for US supplies instead

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=258112.new#new

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2017, 01:43:44 am »

Koreans are Koreans. Chinese are Chinese. Japanese are Japanese, Vietnamese are Vietnamese ...a truth we might have noticed 50-54 years ago. I've spent a third of my life since my senior trip in Southeast Asia. In my view the US is in  an untenable position as far as projecting military force in the area. Should anything come from the present difficulties, which I doubt, the only thing that will be remembered is that the present administration lost face (again) and further dug the hole we have been mired in the region for 50 years...