Author Topic: Infowars’ Alex Jones — and alt-right conspiracy theorists — turn against Trump over Syria strike  (Read 1292 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/infowars-alex-jones-and-alt-right-conspiracy-theorists-turn-against-trump-over-syria-strike

Abby Ohlheiser, Washington Post | April 8, 2017 10:31 AM ET

For hours, the Trump Internet warned their president was being tricked.

Mike Cernovich and Alex Jones’s Infowars — both have earned praise from Donald Trump or those close to him in the recent past — promoted a conspiracy theory all day Thursday that blamed the U.S. deep state for the gas attack in Syria, and not the Assad regime. Infowars called the attack a “false flag” meant to force the U.S. into a war.

(The deep state is the conspiracy world’s belief that career government workers can exert authority to influence policy, disregarding elected officials.)
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Offline Applewood

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

This is so funny -- in more ways than one.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

This is so funny -- in more ways than one.

Explain to me what is funny about the possibility/plausibility of the bad men storing WMD's in the middle of the population.

@LonestarDream
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 11:48:45 pm by don-o »

Offline Applewood

Which bad nen? 

Do you buy this conspiracy theory?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 01:15:29 am by Applewood »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Which bad nen? 

Do you buy this conspiracy theory?

I am keeping an open mind. I have yet to see a coherent reason for Assad to drop gas at this time. You got one for me?

Offline Applewood

I am keeping an open mind. I have yet to see a coherent reason for Assad to drop gas at this time. You got one for me?

There is considerable evidence Assad has dropped these chemicals on his people before.  Why?  I don't know.  Maybe because he's nutzo? 

Now there is, IMHO, some legitimate suspicion that Assad did this at Putin's behest.  May be true.  Maybe not.  But the US dropping those chemicals?  No.

Jones is a nutcase.  He helped spread the lie that Rafael Cruz conspired with Oswald to kill Kennedy.  I also think he's one of those who believes the first moon landing was faked.  Sorry, but I wouldn't buy any conspiracy theory Jones is selling.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
There is considerable evidence Assad has dropped these chemicals on his people before.  Why?  I don't know.  Maybe because he's nutzo? 

Now there is, IMHO, some legitimate suspicion that Assad did this at Putin's behest.  May be true.  Maybe not.  But the US dropping those chemicals?  No.

Jones is a nutcase.  He helped spread the lie that Rafael Cruz conspired with Oswald to kill Kennedy.  I also think he's one of those who believes the first moon landing was faked.  Sorry, but I wouldn't buy any conspiracy theory Jones is selling.

I probably posted in the wrong thread. My interest is trying to get settled in my mind something better than Assad is insane to help make some sense of this thing.

I am done here. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
My interest is trying to get settled in my mind something better than Assad is insane to help make some sense of this thing.

Offline montanajoe

The same folks who believe anything Jones has to say are the same folks who will argue for hours on end that professional wrestling is not fake.. :shrug:

Offline Cripplecreek

The same folks who believe anything Jones has to say are the same folks who will argue for hours on end that professional wrestling is not fake.. :shrug:

The same people who represent themselves in court and try to declare the trail void because the flag in the courtroom is the wrong size.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Amb. John Bolton supports the actions taken by the President.

Sen. Cruz is dining with trump again Saturday night.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

I probably posted in the wrong thread. My interest is trying to get settled in my mind something better than Assad is insane to help make some sense of this thing.

I am done here.

@don-o

There is no making sense of a dictator's actions, particularly one who would use any kind of weaponry on his own people. 

And I'm sorry if you're offended that I called Jones a nutcase and nixed his latest conspiracy theory.   I'm not trying to get into an argument with you or put you down for believing this theory.  You're trying to make sense of an outrageous act.  I'm trying to figure out why we would kill civilians of another country with poisonous gas jus to start a war.  I've long thought that Trump and many in administration are whack jobs too, but I doubt even they would commit such a heinous act.   

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

I am done here.
@don-o I'm with you. I don't see an advantage for Assad. He may be brutal, but brutality can be done with deliberation and purpose to remain in power, and Assad has done that, not act stupidly. The Russians wouldn't want to be tied to Chemical weapons use so closely, either. That would only force people who might be even sympathetic to take a different stance.
Noting those downsides, I do see an incredible advantage for the rebels themselves to have a bunch of dead civilians to parade for the western press, asserting GB (Sarin) use. This would be far from the first time dead people had been hauled out for the cameras amid claims of evildoing on someone's part. Considering the LD50 of Sarin in skin contact, the protective clothing not in evidence would mean there would likely be secondary casualties as well, but we're not hearing about that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

@don-o I'm with you. I don't see an advantage for Assad. He may be brutal, but brutality can be done with deliberation and purpose to remain in power, and Assad has done that, not act stupidly. The Russians wouldn't want to be tied to Chemical weapons use so closely, either. That would only force people who might be even sympathetic to take a different stance.
Noting those downsides, I do see an incredible advantage for the rebels themselves to have a bunch of dead civilians to parade for the western press, asserting GB (Sarin) use. This would be far from the first time dead people had been hauled out for the cameras amid claims of evildoing on someone's part. Considering the LD50 of Sarin in skin contact, the protective clothing not in evidence would mean there would likely be secondary casualties as well, but we're not hearing about that.

There is indeed brutality in Syria but the source of it are the puppet masters in Moscow and Tehran. Assad is an optometrist who became president by accident who doesn't take a personal interest in torture and terrorism like a Saddam Hussein type. His father was a puppet as well and his brother was the one who was groomed to be president. I've read conspiracy theories suggesting that the brother was expected to be more independent and was killed in a car accident because of it.

In any case, the problem will still remain if we remove Assad. Russia and Iran will be right there to pick his successor. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

There is indeed brutality in Syria but the source of it are the puppet masters in Moscow and Tehran. Assad is an optometrist who became president by accident who doesn't take a personal interest in torture and terrorism like a Saddam Hussein type. His father was a puppet as well and his brother was the one who was groomed to be president. I've read conspiracy theories suggesting that the brother was expected to be more independent and was killed in a car accident because of it.

In any case, the problem will still remain if we remove Assad. Russia and Iran will be right there to pick his successor.
The bottom line, though is that any successful successor will have to be a nasty SOB to keep the various factions behaving, just like the current management. Either way, Iran and Russia will continue to have influence.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis