Author Topic: Former CIA Officer: "The Intelligence Confirms The Russian Account On Syria"  (Read 5805 times)

Offline LonestarDream

Per the @don-o  doctrine , loose WMD could end up in the hands of ANY of the factions of this war.

From what I have read Assad has the upper hand in the fight. And what started out as a more "legitimate" revolution is now more towards extremist jihadist groups fighting to control smuggling and other criminal enterprises. For Assad, at this point, to resort to chemical weapons is ridiculous, IMO, and more likely the fault, plan, or action of the jihadists.

What I want to know is will Trump deal harshly with these extremist groups if they resort to more use of chemical or biological weapons? It should be a two way street.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
https://consortiumnews.com/ (source for this story)

Consortium News, so the former CIA agent in question is Robert Parry, the one who was the CIA agent in the other story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Parry_(journalist)

I'm not even sure if he is an ex-CIA agent per wiki unless he qualifies as having been a contact for the CIA which many people have.  But I've got to say, this is in the Alex Jones area, even Michael Savage for what Savage is saying now.

Offline LonestarDream

Well Savage was not convinced by the video of the attack.  He felt that those who were hosing off the victims would also have been poisoned had this been a nerve agent.

https://consortiumnews.com/ (source for this story)

Consortium News, so the former CIA agent in question is Robert Parry, the one who was the CIA agent in the other story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Parry_(journalist)

I'm not even sure if he is an ex-CIA agent per wiki unless he qualifies as having been a contact for the CIA which many people have.  But I've got to say, this is in the Alex Jones area, even Michael Savage for what Savage is saying now.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 01:23:15 am by LonestarDream »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Maybe to "alternate realities"; perhaps "world news" but again, one of these stories gets tucked away into politics. Have it your way.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I think the jihadists are actively trying to procure these types of weapons by any means and at some point, probably as a final desperate act, will unleash them in a manner to do the most damage possible. Maybe not in Syria. Sunni vs Shia.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LonestarDream

I think the jihadists are actively trying to procure these types of weapons by any means and at some point, probably as a final desperate act, will unleash them in a manner to do the most damage possible. Maybe not in Syria. Sunni vs Shia.

That dynamic is definitely in play.  And agree that the LOSING side of the war has the most incentive to go to the gas.

Offline LonestarDream

Maybe to "alternate realities"; perhaps "world news" but again, one of these stories gets tucked away into politics. Have it your way.

Congress is involved. The President is involved.  US military is involved.

Also, the NYT times is a source and has been on both side of the 2013 false flag / gas story.

Offline LonestarDream

Thomas Massie talking to CNN..

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/04/05/massie-assad-would-not-gas-attack-sot.cnn

Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) tells CNN's Kate Bolduan he doesn't think it would serve Bashar al-Assad's purposes to attack his people with chemical weapons.
Source: CNN

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Your advocacy for speech ghettoization/repression is duly noted.

Offline LonestarDream

This is only 1:15.  Very short.  Watch the reaction of the CNN host.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6SnIvQKN1Y

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
For those of us who are considering this as a false flag operation.

@don-o
@DiogenesLamp
@EC
@Emjay
@Maj. Bill Martin

I'm on the fence.   Not sure what to believe.

Offline LonestarDream

I'm on the fence.   Not sure what to believe.

I am too. Would be interesting if a credible source took a sample from the incident, so we could know exactly what the chemical was.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 02:06:38 am by LonestarDream »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Right or wrong I did believe the Saddam's WMD's ended up in Syria.  But I don't think Assad is a nut job like Hussein.  I just don't buy it that he would gas his citizens.  Doesn't seem like the kind of family they are.  His wife has done interviews and she seems to be very charming and kind.  The country was secular until this recent Civil War.  If they succeed in getting rid of Assad you can bet it will become an Islamic hell hole.

Interesting viewpoint because everything else I've read assumes Assad is an evil dictator.  Who do you think called for the gassing of the citizens if it wasn't him?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
This is only 1:15.  Very short.  Watch the reaction of the CNN host.

LOL! A lightbulb snapped on and it startled her.

Offline LonestarDream

LOL! A lightbulb snapped on and it startled her.

Totally

Offline jpsb

For those of us who are considering this as a false flag operation.

@don-o
@DiogenesLamp
@EC
@Emjay
@Maj. Bill Martin

Add me to that group

Online DB

Interesting viewpoint because everything else I've read assumes Assad is an evil dictator.  Who do you think called for the gassing of the citizens if it wasn't him?

Who benefits from it is the most likely answer.

Offline LonestarDream

The April 7th show on Levin TV is free.  Levin goes through the mess Obama made.

And supports Trump.  No doubt the barrel bombs are bad and there was a gas attack.

But who really did the gas attack?

Hat tip @don-o

https://www.crtv.com/levintv

Offline LonestarDream

Savage turns on Trump.  Says that it was not nerve gas but phosgene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO5BT7AZLqM

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Not sure if this is legit or not - but tossing it out there anyway since it fits the discussion and supposition about who has the most to gain from a chemical attack.

Here’s how ISIS used the US military strike to its advantage

America’s military strikes on a Syrian airbase probably played into the hands of ISIS.

The base had been providing air support for soldiers fighting against the terrorist group, according to a local governor.

ISIS were able to launch a major attack once the strikes had taken place, launching a major offensive to gain control of oil areas near Palmyra.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
You don't have to trust Trump to believe the Russians/Assad were behind that attack.  Their own ridiculously lame excuses are about the best confirmation there is.

Some of the conspiracy theories on this don't take into account known facts.  The Syrians initially denied they had launched any air strikes at all against that town.  When multiple other nations, including the U.S., confirmed that they had, they changed their story to admit that they did.  Generally, people telling the truth don't start off with a lie.

The Syrian/Russian excuse was that the facility they hit was actually a production facility that was producing Sarin for use in Iraq.  But if they knew that, why not announce they'd hit such a facility, and claim it as a doing a good thing -- preventing a chemical attack?  They didn't.  And that's because their initial excuses 1) we didn't have any planes there, and 2) there weren't any chemical casualties, were proven false.

The Syrians do still deny that they had any aircraft over that town at the time of the alleged attacks.  The Pentagon says it's radar showed otherwise, and actually was tracking the Syrian planes that Syria claims were not there.  That is a core factual disagreement.

So, either the "Former CIA Officer" is making stuff up/believing people who are lying to him, or the Pentagon is lying.  There isn't a middle ground.  And while I don't have a huge amount of faith in some aspects of the government, I don't believe that Mattis on down are lying about Syrian aircraft being in that location.

As for why the Syrians might do it...any number of reasons.  One of which may be that they figured they could just blame it on some rebel group and so escape being held accountable.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 04:25:46 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Somehow I doubt that former CIA officers talk very much about being former CIA officers!  But that's just me. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LonestarDream

Against Bombing:

Andy McCarthy
Savage
Bannon
Thomas Massie
Rand Paul
Laura Ingraham
Ann Coulter

For Bombing:

Hillary
Ivanka
Trump
Jared
Pelosi
Rush
Hannity
Mark Levin
Schumer
Pelosi
CNN
France
Germany
UK
New York Times
Lindsey Graham
John McCain
Rubio
Nikki Haley
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 03:58:46 am by LonestarDream »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Somehow I doubt that former CIA officers talk very much about being former CIA officers!  But that's just me.

Eh, some do.  If they need that to try to make some money or fame after they get out, they may admit to it.  Or it's possible that they're patriots trying to expose misconduct.

But the problem is that he's no longer in the ME -- if he ever was.  So he's relying on second/third hand sources, that he can't possibly vet.   He and others may very well be the target of a disinformation campaign by Russia and Syria.  In other words, it is entirely possible that his sources are lying to him, or are being lied to themselves.  We simply can't know because we don't know his sources.

But the Pentagon did release that flight path publicly, after Syria initially denied having any aircraft in the area at the time of the attack.  As far as I can tell, Syria has not addressed that flight plan, or claimed it to be false.  And if it is true, it means they lied about it for days.

geronl

I call this the ' @don-o ' doctrine. It is that good.

Yes.  Obama, Rice and Assad own this WMD, regardless.

Of course. Let us remember that a lot of the rebels came from the Syrian military, some of those officers know the locations of these stockpiles I would think. There was a report that tons of chlorine was stolen by the rebels.

On 5 November 2014, the Syrian UN-ambassador Bashar al-Jaafari, said "terrorist organizations stole about 200 tons of [chlorine gas]...."  according to a Wikipedia entry