Author Topic: Never Mind The Russians, Meet The Bot King Who Helps Trump Win Twitter  (Read 699 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
At 7:23 on Sunday evening, the conservative internet personality Mike Cernovich tweeted that former national security adviser Susan Rice had requested the “unmasking” of Americans connected to the Trump campaign who were incidentally mentioned in surveillance readouts. At 7:30, the owner of the Twitter account MicroMagicJingleTM noticed, and began blasting out dozens of tweets and retweets about the story.

“Would be nice to get 'Susan Rice' trending,” he tweeted at 8:16. And then he made exactly that happen.

MicroMagicJingleTM is the latest incarnation of MicroChip, a notorious pro-Trump Twitter ringleader once described by a Republican strategist as the "Trumpbot overlord.” He has been suspended from the service so frequently, he can’t recall the exact number of times. A voluminous tweeter, his specialty is making hashtags trend. Over the next 24 hours, following his own call to arms, MicroChip tweeted or retweeted more than 300 times about Rice, including everything from a photoshopped image of Donald Trump eating her head out of a taco bowl to demands that she die in jail, and almost always accompanied by the tag #SusanRice. Meanwhile, in massive threaded tweets and DM groups, he implored others to do likewise.

By 9 a.m. Monday, the tag was being tweeted nearly 20,000 times an hour, and was trending on Twitter; by 11 a.m., 34,000 an hour. (As of Tuesday morning, the tag was still trending, partially thanks to a tweet from Donald Trump Jr.) At 4:48 p.m. Monday, 18-odd hours after he started his campaign, MicroChip was ready to call it a success:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/from-utah-with-love?utm_term=.khYr3EnVJo#.krYEdm8zvp

This was posted before the alt right decided to go to war with Donald Trump but judging from the warring #FireKushner and #FireBannon taglines I'd have to say these clowns are behind it. Manipulators and propagandists are the lowest form of life in my book so I'm just enjoying the fight taking place among them now.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Fascinating, yet I lead a full and complete life with no involvement with Twitter, except when others bring a post to wider attention.

I wouldn't know a "bot" from a surfboard, but if you want to surf, check this out:

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Sadly there are people out there that think every single flower of Trump on Twitter is a real person.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
From what I've seen, Cernovich isn't even in the league of Alex Jones as far as alt-right let alone the more extremist types. I certainly don't buy Jones' conspiracy peddling and I may be wrong, but I think he's mainly making money off of it.

A conspiracy ever so often, okay, that I can buy, having to run with it 24/7 is something else.

Offline Cripplecreek

Sadly there are people out there that think every single flower of Trump on Twitter is a real person.

The bigger the name the more bots you have.

There are also bots that will retweet anything containing certain combinations of words like "Renewable Fuels".

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The bigger the name the more bots you have.

There are also bots that will retweet anything containing certain combinations of words like "Renewable Fuels".

Trump fans like to point to the amount of Retweets of his ramblings as " proof" of not only his popularity but also his alleged popularity among the masses.

**nononono*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

Trump fans like to point to the amount of Retweets of his ramblings as " proof" of not only his popularity but also his alleged popularity among the masses.

**nononono*

I've only got some 6000 followers myself and audits show about 3% to be fakes.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
From what I've seen, Cernovich isn't even in the league of Alex Jones as far as alt-right let alone the more extremist types. I certainly don't buy Jones' conspiracy peddling and I may be wrong, but I think he's mainly making money off of it.

A conspiracy ever so often, okay, that I can buy, having to run with it 24/7 is something else.

Cernovich came late to the alt right scene, hunting for new suckers to feed on (much like Milo). Couple of years back they were active in completely different areas - Milo in Gamergate and Cernovich in the Mens Rights BS (OK, Cernovich was also active in the juicing community - but they're strange folk anyways).
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline TomSea

Cernovich came late to the alt right scene, hunting for new suckers to feed on (much like Milo). Couple of years back they were active in completely different areas - Milo in Gamergate and Cernovich in the Mens Rights BS (OK, Cernovich was also active in the juicing community - but they're strange folk anyways).

You are absolutely correct, I was just reading some on him, maybe he or one like him were even instrumental in pizzagate. I also read some of his twitter. So, I'm done with him for now.

Offline TomSea

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/05/us/politics/mike-cernovich-bio-who.html

This is what I read a bit ago. I would want nothing to do with him currently.