Author Topic: Trump Enforces Obama’s Red Line  (Read 445 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Trump Enforces Obama’s Red Line
« on: April 08, 2017, 02:45:37 pm »
by Jonah Goldberg

April 8, 2017 4:00 AM @JonahNRO

The strike on Syria is the single best proof that Trump has no overriding commitment to any ideological position — and I say that as someone who supports the strike.

EDITOR’S NOTE: The following is Jonah Goldberg’s weekly “news”letter, the G-File. Subscribe here to get the G-File delivered to your inbox on Fridays.

Dear Reader (particularly the caretaker of Camp David, who must feel like the Maytag repairman watching the goings-on at Mar-a-Lago), Well, this’ll be interesting.

After Thursday night’s attack on Syria, the conventional wisdom congealed faster than the chalupa sauce in Michael Moore’s chest hair.

Sorry, this isn’t really a topic for strident juvenilia, but I know that’s one of the things that puts digital asses in the virtual seats.

Let me start over.

I think Thursday night’s attacks are both less and more important than the rapidly forming conventional wisdom holds. This is a convoluted way of saying I see it a bit differently from some folks. And since I’m on a tight schedule, let me do it bullet-point style: I think the foreign-policy consequences of the strike are likely to be less consequential than the domestic ones.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/g-file

He brings up some of the points that have made me uncomfortable about this whole effort. 

I would really like to read what the other intelligent, well-informed and right thinking members of this forum think about Goldberg's piece.  And, if there's any way, I would love to see none of the usual personal "you're just stupid" crap here.  Please?