Author Topic: Balance Problems  (Read 352 times)

rangerrebew

Balance Problems
« on: April 08, 2017, 12:21:38 pm »
Balance Problems

Have you ever felt dizzy, lightheaded, or as if the room is spinning around you? If the feeling happens often, it could be a sign of a balance problem. Balance problems can make you feel unsteady or as if you were moving, spinning, or floating. They are one cause of falls and fall-related injuries, such as hip fracture.

Some balance problems are due to problems in the inner ear. Others may involve another part of the body, such as the brain or the heart. Aging, infections, head injury, certain medicines, or problems with blood circulation may result in a balance problem.

https://medlineplus.gov/balanceproblems.html
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:22:41 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Applewood

Re: Balance Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 04:42:13 pm »
I developed balance issues following a cardiac arrest  -- which is why I use a cane.  I suppose the arrest affected the part of the brain that controls balance, but my doctors couldn't confirm.  Went for PT which helped some.  Then last year I blew out my right eardrum (too much loud rock n roll at a concert).  Had vertigo for several weeks thereafter.  Not fun at all,  but I did learn an important lesson -- I'm too old for loud rock n roll and it's probably better if I stay home.