Author Topic: Rush: What a Week for Trump! Your Host Walks Insane Leftists Off the Ledge  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Well, Syria's broken agreement not to use chemical weapons aside @Frank Cannon ....this is our war by proxy.

Syrian refugees are changing Western civilization before our very eyes ... and not in a good way, as you know.  The surest way to secure our borders from this new invasion is to end the civil war in Syria and reduce the number of refuges created by it.

Hopefully, Russia now realizes there is a new sheriff in town, and his red lines have meaning.  Let's also hope the West can now rally itself around this action and move all players closer to the negotiating table.

What the hell are you lecturing me for? Sneaky Pete is the one you were responding to.

If you want to know what I think about this, the whole thing effing pathetic. Last week Donny is telling everyone he isn't going to do shit in Syria. Assad does what every thug does when the cops say they are leaving, he starts killing. Then Donny goes out in front of the cameras like a loser Left wing fag and starts crying about dead babies and all the horror of the thing. It "moved" him so much he is doing a 180 on his policy.

What the eff is that type of irrational bullshit? Are we now running our foreign policy off of Donny's feelings now? We all better pray that he doesn't watch Steel Magnolias before he gets some tough world news. He'll be pushing the button through his tears.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I'm not an always Trump @Frank Cannon (well... granted it looks that way here  ^-^)

For instance, my red line is around boots on the ground.  If the President crosses it, he will lose my support.

To date, he hasn't done so ... so I'm cautiously optimistic this will move the Syrian civil war toward a negotiated end.

(BTW.. there are other areas where I do not support Trump's decisions.  They are, to date, few ... but real, nonetheless.)

He did that a month ago.

More troops in Syria: Trump orders boots on the ground to battle ISIS
http://www.salon.com/2017/03/09/more-troops-in-syria-trump-orders/

Or is the red line after this incident and against Assad instead?

geronl

@Right_in_Virginia

I think so. It was right above this post to me that I just quoted.

Trump 2016: We ain't the world police, let Russia handle it

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Then we (including Trump) said only a fool would attack Syria, it wasn't our battle, etc, etc. Now, the opposite.
Like I already stated, in the 1930s the Allies (US, Britain, Canada etc.)  avoided getting involved in Europe, to the extent the GOP was "isolationist."

But later questions were asked if it might have saved millions of dead civilians' lives to have acted?

Should a major power to what it is capable of doing, to halt atrocities?

I do not claim to have easy answers. I do NOT come from a line of Chairborne Rangers. I do NOT mouth off about my "Christian" morality.

I come from a line of folks that fought for America's independence, halting slavery, WWI, WWII, Vietnam Era/Cold War, War on Terror.

In each case it was a moral choice for our country. Is the "conservative" position back into retreat, isolationism?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

What the hell are you lecturing me for? Sneaky Pete is the one you were responding to.

Well, I sure thought I was responding to you @Frank Cannon ...

Bottom line:  you vehemently disagree with the President's decision, I am cautiously optimistic that his decision will lead to a negotiated outcome.

Still love ya!   :beer:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump 2016: We ain't the world police, let Russia handle it

Forever?? @geronl

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Rush has been very frustrating lately and this particular monologue is a great example. He has been literally rewriting history to fit with the narrative he wants. He is now saying Obama was a pacifist who didn't take action when, all during his presidency, he was taking too much action without approval that we, including Rush complained about.

Example, here is Rush at the time, saying exactly the opposite of what he is saying now.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/09/25/peace_update_obama_goes_to_war_for_oil/

And then there is this for interesting. When there was gassing in 2014, Rush was defending Assad, saying he was the victim and wasn't actually gassing them, it was being made to look like he was so we would attack Assad.
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/08/25/obama_almost_allied_with_isis_against_assad_in_syria/

and 2013
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/09/05/everyone_in_this_syria_play_is_a_liar/

So you have the same situation, different President, so different reaction.

Proves he was either never an actual bona-fide Conservative in heart, and just a Party Hack as many claimed - or he is so in love with being in Donnie's inner circle of cheerleaders that he doesn't care that he sold his bogus principles downriver in full view of his audience.

I dumped his show, his web site and no longer pay any attention to a person who has just become another political groupie.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Proves he was either never an actual bona-fide Conservative in heart, and just a Party Hack as many claimed - or he is so in love with being in Donnie's inner circle of cheerleaders that he doesn't care that he sold his bogus principles downriver in full view of his audience.

I dumped his show, his web site and no longer pay any attention to a person who has just become another political groupie.

I think he very much was a Conservative who now, like many, choose pop culture popularity and populism over his long held values.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Well, Syria's broken agreement not to use chemical weapons aside  ....this is our war by proxy.

Why OUR WAR and not the UN's?  THEY were the ones Assad signed the agreement with.  Let them enforce the penalties for violation for a change.  I have no interest in supporting a war with Russia by proxy when it has already been proven that Islamists will use WMD weapons to garner support for overthrowing Assad by pinning such acts on him.  What a cluster!  There are no good options or outcomes by being directly involved in this war Obama ignited.

Syrian refugees are changing Western civilization before our very eyes ... and not in a good way, as you know.  The surest way to secure our borders from this new invasion is to end the civil war in Syria and reduce the number of refuges created by it.

Shows how naive you are about what the Islamists themselves have had to say and what they are instructing their fellow Muslims to do in terms of staging an immigration invasion of the West.  Syria is just a convenient excuse to flood military age males into Europe for the Caliphate in much larger numbers. 

The 'surest way' to secure our borders?  How about no admittance from anyone from Syria and the whole region?  That would end the problem right there as far as our security goes, and not a single US life has to be risked trying to end the struggles between Islamist zealots struggling to install a Caliphate and a tinpot dictator who hates Israel while acting in concert with Hamas and Hezbollah.

Then too there's the fact that we are fiscally broke and in debt in concert with the damage from Obama's tenure as king not even fully realized yet.

Hopefully, Russia now realizes there is a new sheriff in town, and his red lines have meaning.

Russia if anything knows how weak and limited our force projection is at the moment given the gutting the last 8 years have wrought.  Giving them a reason to see just how weak we actually are is a bit foolhardy, should Putin decide that now is the time to push back hard.

Let's also hope the West can now rally itself around this action and move all players closer to the negotiating table.
  Because negotiating with dictators and/or Islamists hell-bent on a Caliphate is always a trustworthy exercise in futility.

Obama ignited this 'Arab Spring'.  We are being drawn into a lose, lose situation.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Rush is like every other idiot Rump supporter: he makes leftist's heads explode and that's it. Everything else is forgiven.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Rush is like every other idiot Rump supporter: he makes leftist's heads explode and that's it. Everything else is forgiven.

He ran out of things of value to talk about a long time ago. He also doesn't take criticism and makes sure his opposition comes carefully screened.