Author Topic: Saddam’s WMD in Syria…Here We Go Again  (Read 905 times)

Offline LonestarDream

Saddam’s WMD in Syria…Here We Go Again
« on: April 08, 2017, 01:36:22 am »
Not all the U.N. or Bush Administration WMD claims were true, but neither is it true they were all false.   

In 2011, when opposition to the invasion of Iraq was no longer a political crutch for political opponents, it was revealed that thousands of soldiers and civilians in Iraq were in fact casualties from Iraqi/WMD that was found (it’s hard to be wounded by WMD that doesn’t exist or isn’t potent).   Instead of a big photo op ah-ha(!) moment, reports of what had happened to Iraqi/WMD trickle out through the years.
   Huge investigations were done, and U.N. experts largely determined that Iraq was a “WMD threat,” but without stockpiles of nuclear bombs to show on cable news, many can’t grasp the concept of that threat any more than they can the full concept of what Iraqi/WMD means in detail.   Tens of thousands of pages of have been written on Iraqi/WMD, and it’s pathetic that the issue has to be reduced to a few paragraphs for many to come close to grasping, but in an age of tweets and bumper-sticker politics…that’s the language modern man understands best.

Here’s what was found in regard to the United Nations’ Iraqi/WMD threat accusations:

VX nerve agent
    Chemical weapons

http://www.floppingaces.net/2017/04/07/saddams-wmd-in-syriahere-we-go-again/
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

Re: Saddam’s WMD in Syria…Here We Go Again
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 01:40:22 am »

-    Mustard gas (some found, some missing)

Before the invasion Iraq had about 500 missile artillery shells filled with mustard gas.  Most were found.  Some were accidentally destroyed by coalition forces and resulted in very real casualties from very real WMD.  Some of these were used by insurgents during the occupation.  Some remain missing, and some were allegedly moved out of Iraq during the 6+ months of diplomacy before the invasion; possibly to SYRIA

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 01:48:15 am »
I think most of us watching at the time were aware that Saddam's WMD were moved to the Bekka valley in Syria.  It is one of my regrets that Bush never called this out but instead was willing to look like a fool with bad intelligence.  I have no idea why the world ignored this, but it has come back to bite us now.
God is still in control

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 01:48:32 am »
Is Iraqi/WMD being used in Syria now? That’s very likely as ISIS was reported to have taken over the ammunition dumps were Iraqi/WMD had been stored after the invasion.

Was WMD found in Iraq?  Yes, but Iraq was a WMD threat through that “rapid restart” capability the U.N. inspectors described, not in photogenic stockpiles.

It’s been 14yrs, maybe it’s time to admit two of the hardest truths about the war in Iraq:

Iraq was a WMD threat contrary to political talking points

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 01:50:09 am »
I think most of us watching at the time were aware that Saddam's WMD were moved to the Bekka valley in Syria.  It is one of my regrets that Bush never called this out but instead was willing to look like a fool with bad intelligence.  I have no idea why the world ignored this, but it has come back to bite us now.

Al- Sadr (sp), one of the Iraqi generals said as much.  Despite all the survey group evidence, the BEST evidence is the confirmed sicknesses and 'Gulf War Disease'

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 01:53:02 am »
Saddam used WMDs on the Kurds it is reported;

About a month ago, mustard gas was used by ISIS in Mosul it is reported and now we are where we are at in Syria however one sees it.

So, those using poisonous gases should be challenged I'd say.

This in Syria, whomever did it, I think the regime did; had some neuro-agents in it, it was a potent gas.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 01:55:40 am »
Someone on the other thread threw out the old chestnut that there was no WMD in Iraq.

Saddam used WMDs on the Kurds it is reported;

About a month ago, mustard gas was used by ISIS in Mosul it is reported and now we are where we are at in Syria however one sees it.

So, those using poisonous gases should be challenged I'd say.

This in Syria, whomever did it, I think the regime did; had some neuro-agents in it, it was a potent gas.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 03:00:41 am »
Someone on the other thread threw out the old chestnut that there was no WMD in Iraq.

Idiot. Even the NYT was forced to admit there was.

As for why it wasn't hugely pushed by Bush, I don't know. I do know the one burn pit I took a peek at back in 2005/2006 looked like the remains of an international arms fair. There were markings from most major nations, including the USA.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline TomSea

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 03:18:57 am »
Some of that one would say would be the old yellow cake and munitions that the US, of all things, sold Iraq in the 1980s for their war against Iran.

I don't say this story below is "true", it may have elements of truth in it though.
Rumsfeld 'helped Iraq get chemical weapons'
By WILLIAM LOWTHER, Daily Mail

US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld helped Saddam Hussein build up his arsenal of deadly chemical and biological weapons, it was revealed last night.

As an envoy from President Reagan 19 years ago, he had a secret meeting with the Iraqi dictator and arranged enormous military assistance for his war with Iran.

The CIA had already warned that Iraq was using chemical weapons almost daily. But Mr Rumsfeld, at the time a successful executive in the pharmaceutical industry, still made it possible for Saddam to buy supplies from American firms.

Read More At: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-153210/Rumsfeld-helped-Iraq-chemical-weapons.html

And was the yellow cake flown off to Diego Garcia or is that a different story.

So, all this says, is there is a lot to sort out. It's embarrassing if some of this was stuff we sold them in the first place. But that list in post 1 is long and I have heard this before. Not wanting to go into this deeply, I know National Review Online, NRO has WMD stories worth reading.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/390517/bush-didnt-lie-deroy-murdock

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/277115/saddam-what-we-now-know-jim-lacey

If it was defensible; Bush/Cheney should have done so more.

Offline TomSea

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2017, 03:24:35 am »
So, all this says, is there is a lot to sort out. It's embarrassing if some of this was stuff we sold them in the first place. But that list in post 1 is long and I have heard this before. Not wanting to go into this deeply, I know

Don't forget, sanctions busting is incredibly lucrative and end user certificates too frequently have no relation to reality. I'm in no way saying that the respective governments sold the weapons - far from it! I doubt that that was ever the case. But there are always ways around these things, if you wave enough money at people. It's still embarassing for the countries of origin (who usually pride themselves on the control of their arms markets).
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 03:26:02 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink