Author Topic: BREAKING......US has launched dozens of tomahawks on Syria  (Read 44665 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: BREAKING......US has launched dozens of tomahawks on Syria
« Reply #725 on: April 09, 2017, 01:14:07 am »
From what I have read Assad has the upper hand in the fight. And what started out as a more "legitimate" revolution is now more towards extremist jihadist groups fighting to control smuggling and other criminal enterprises. For Assad, at this point, to resort to chemical weapons is ridiculous, IMO, and more likely the fault, plan, or action of the jihadists.

What I want to know is will Trump deal harshly with these extremist groups if they resort to more use of chemical or biological weapons? It should be a two way street.

It would be real problematic to remove Assad only to see another chemical attack.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #727 on: April 09, 2017, 05:37:26 am »
I'm not all that keen on replacing him anyway.  Not our circus, not our monkeys.
Yep. Some fights you just stay out of and mind your own business.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

« Reply #728 on: April 09, 2017, 05:41:02 am »
Which still leaves the question: if Assad and his henchmen are gone, can the Russians (or anybody else) prop up a Syrian government that can be even moderately effective?

I can't answer that one.

geronl

« Reply #729 on: April 09, 2017, 05:42:36 am »
Unconfirmed reports on twitter of an armored American column rolling into Syria from Jordan.

I certainly hope not

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #730 on: April 09, 2017, 05:45:23 am »
That's what I think, too.  Once Assad becomes too great a liability they'll not be sorry if he's gone. 

Which still leaves the question: if Assad and his henchmen are gone, can the Russians (or anybody else) prop up a Syrian government that can be even moderately effective?
I think that would depend on what nasty b@st@rd rose to the top of the heap, and whether they could deal with them. No one who remains long in any leadership position there will be a 'nice guy'.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #731 on: April 09, 2017, 01:14:16 pm »
I think that would depend on what nasty b@st@rd rose to the top of the heap, and whether they could deal with them. No one who remains long in any leadership position there will be a 'nice guy'.

Lets give them McCain. Within two days of his leadership we would be Tomahawking his sorry azz.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #732 on: April 09, 2017, 01:16:40 pm »
Lets give them McCain. Within two days of his leadership we would be Tomahawking his sorry azz.
I doubt he would last very long with that lot.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #733 on: April 09, 2017, 01:50:35 pm »
I doubt he would last very long with that lot.

That is the point.  :laugh:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #734 on: April 10, 2017, 05:24:50 pm »
@INVAR

Your points are taken.  The raid was really about a message to Russia, Syria, turkey, China and NK
That makes sense the world needs to know we have someone who can wield the big stick if needed.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #735 on: April 10, 2017, 06:27:31 pm »
Unconfirmed reports on twitter of an armored American column rolling into Syria from Jordan.

Unconfirmed reports on twitter also have Donald Trump giving birth to an alien.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #736 on: April 10, 2017, 06:33:44 pm »
Unconfirmed reports on twitter also have Donald Trump giving birth to an alien.
Again!???

They haven't sold out the bobbleheads from last time yet.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #737 on: April 12, 2017, 04:30:11 pm »
FOX Business‏Verified account @FoxBusiness 2h2 hours ago More

.@POTUS tells @MariaBartiromo he told President Xi about the Missile strikes over "the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #738 on: April 12, 2017, 05:32:50 pm »
It would be real problematic to remove Assad only to see another chemical attack.

Well we know ISIS has chemical weapons...they used them in Mosul in the latest battles there.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Frank Cannon

Re:US has launched last week dozens of tomahawks on Syria
« Reply #739 on: April 12, 2017, 05:35:39 pm »
Have we launched more Tomahawks or is this a thread that will never die?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #740 on: April 12, 2017, 05:38:57 pm »

This thread wouldn't die if it was beaten and dragged off of a United Airlines flight in Chicago.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #741 on: April 12, 2017, 05:49:01 pm »

Chop
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #742 on: April 12, 2017, 06:37:05 pm »
Well we know ISIS has chemical weapons...they used them in Mosul in the latest battles there.
With the amount and variety of ordnance that has been in that region over the past couple decades, almost anyone could have purt'near anything. I'd assume that at least two of the factions there have chemical weapons (Assad and ISIS) and would not be surprised to find they were not the only ones.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 06:37:23 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #743 on: April 12, 2017, 07:01:55 pm »
With the amount and variety of ordnance that has been in that region over the past couple decades, almost anyone could have purt'near anything. I'd assume that at least two of the factions there have chemical weapons (Assad and ISIS) and would not be surprised to find they were not the only ones.

From what we were told when my unit arrived in Baghdad...with he exception of the convoy to Syria...Saddam pretty much had his commanders throw open the doors to the ammo bunkers at the military installations across the country as they retreated.  At that point anybody and everybody had access to whatever was in those bunkers.  So you're right there is no telling who has managed to start their own little WMD stockpile at this point and how widely its been disseminated.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #744 on: April 12, 2017, 07:03:38 pm »
This thread wouldn't die if it was beaten and dragged off of a United Airlines flight in Chicago.

LOL. Top notch.