Author Topic: Why Is Elizabeth Warren So Hard to Love?  (Read 1269 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Why Is Elizabeth Warren So Hard to Love?
« on: April 06, 2017, 06:46:18 pm »
That means she begins her bid for a second term being far from widely beloved. A January WBUR poll found that a mere 44 percent of Massachusetts voters thought Warren “deserved reelection” and 46 percent said they were open to giving someone else the seat. The poll also showed that Governor Charlie Baker’s 59 percent favorability rating was considerably higher than Warren’s 51 percent. A 2016 survey by the polling firm Morning Consult found that Warren had the second-highest disapproval rating of all U.S. senators in New England, after New Hampshire’s Jeanne Shaheen.

The reasons why more voters don’t embrace Warren are varied. They range from her politics to her unwillingness to compromise to, in some cases, flat-out sexism. The people of Massachusetts expect their senators to be national leaders but also local champions who deliver for the state. While Warren’s high-profile moments may rally the progressive base and raise bundles of small-dollar donations, it’s no exaggeration to say she faces questions here at home. From now until election day, Warren must balance the demands of being a liberal leader in the Trump era and being a local politician. “If she’s too aggressive on national issues, they’ll say she doesn’t care about the people back home,” says Michael Goldman, a Democratic political consultant who has never worked for Warren. “When she comes back home, the people will say, ‘You’re a national voice—why don’t you deal with bigger issues?’”

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2017/04/02/elizabeth-warren-tough-love/print/

The women I know here in MA who aren't already loony liberal cannot stand her. I can't find a single independent or Republican woman who likes her. Her personality is a turn off. She could lose.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Why Is Elizabeth Warren So Hard to Love?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 07:05:38 pm »
...hmmm....could it possibly be her face and the people she associates with?   :silly: :silly:

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 07:13:33 pm »
Because she reminds everyone of the b*tchy third grade teacher they despised?

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 07:18:11 pm »
    I think it's because she smells like a Buffalo carcass.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 07:36:47 pm »
She's frigged in bed.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 07:38:38 pm »
This should have been a poll.  So far, I believe the winner is she smells like Buffalo carcass!! :silly:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 08:09:12 pm »
Because she used to be a dude named Bob before the operation.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 08:32:30 pm »
A desiccated left-wing termagant with a piercingly shrill voice who gained admission to an Ivy League college by lying about her heritage?

What's not to love?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 08:42:17 pm »
This should have been a poll.  So far, I believe the winner is she smells like Buffalo carcass!! :silly:

Meh.  I liked @Frank Cannon's assessment.  She screeches.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 08:57:29 pm »
Because she makes the late Don Rickles look like Mr. Warmth in comparison.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 08:58:50 pm »
Us not loving her doesn't equate to democrats not loving her.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 09:14:37 pm »
Because too many pics show her leaning forward.  Only pushy people act like that.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2017, 10:23:14 pm »
    I think it's because she smells like a Buffalo carcass.

:silly:

Damn! You beat me too it.

She's so full of it her hair stinks.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2017, 10:51:34 pm »
townhall
Guy Benson|
Posted: Apr 06, 2017 10:25 AM

Friendly Reminder: Elizabeth Warren Is A Clownish Hypocrite

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2017/04/06/friendly-reminder-elizabeth-warren-is-a-clownish-hypocrite-n2309380

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2017, 01:05:17 am »
What's not to love??  Maybe it's the glasses?

« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 01:05:56 am by libertybele »

Offline rodamala

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2017, 01:45:00 am »
Because she makes the late Don Rickles look like Mr. Warmth in comparison.

Damn... I thought I was losing it because I didn't recall his death... then I saw the newsfeeds dated today.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2017, 03:32:16 pm »
A desiccated left-wing termagant with a piercingly shrill voice who gained admission to an Ivy League college by lying about her heritage?

What's not to love?
You win the poll for  the use of the word, termagant. Not used much anymore, but it seems the Dems have a lock on termagants, harpies, harridans, and the b word. :da man:

Silver Pines

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 03:52:47 pm »
The voice that sounds like she's gargling marbles.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 05:25:20 pm »
Her shovel in your face rhetoric? Here's a convo I can imagine her and her husband having:

Warren: You're a 1/2 hour late from the store.

Husband: I had a flat tire and...

Warren: Stop with your mansplaining! Do you think because I'm a woman you can patronize me like that? You men and your white privilege patriarchy!!!!

Husband: Well I think that's a little bit over the....

Warren: Don't manteruppt me!! I have the floor till I relinquish it, and then you may speak! Nevertheless, I shall persist! You weak mean men are always trying to dominate a strong woman! It was your white skin and white ways that destroyed my native people! You are scum of the earth!

Husband: Have you taken your valium today Elizabeth?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 05:26:01 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2017, 12:51:29 am »

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2017, 01:10:37 am »
...hmmm....could it possibly be her face and the people she associates with?   :silly: :silly:

Show me your friends, I'll show you your future...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...