Author Topic: Neil Gorsuch was accused of plagiarism. The White House called it a 'last-second smear.'  (Read 570 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Neil Gorsuch was accused of plagiarism. The White House called it a 'last-second smear.'
by Circa News

April 5, 2017

Judge Neil Gorsuch, President Trump's nominee for the Supreme Court, reportedly plagiarized from the Indiana Law Journal and other legal articles without citing them, according to Politico.

A chapter in Gorsuch's 2006 book, "The Future of Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia," reportedly was nearly identical to a 1984 article in the journal.

The White House denied claims that Gorsuch had plagiarized and called the article a "baseless, last-second smear."

more
http://circa.com/circa-now/happening/neil-gorsuch-reportedly-plagiarized-a-law-journal-in-his-2006-book
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

That sounds checkable. You would think a media outlet and the White House could check before publishing or responding

Offline Suppressed

That sounds checkable. You would think a media outlet and the White House could check before publishing or responding

Key word is "could". 

Of course they could.  And any sane one would.

You can see the nearly identical passages here:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/gorsuch-writings-supreme-court-236891
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 08:37:04 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Hmmmm, wasn't the former vice resident a proven plagiarist? No gave a rats posterior about that, maybe it's time to clear the air for everyone on a bench or holding office, let's have all their speeches and written papers checked for plagiarism. :pondering:

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Wow his technical terms for what down syndrome is read just like somebody else wow. Big deal.  *****rollingeyes*****
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Suppressed

Hmmmm, wasn't the former vice resident a proven plagiarist? No gave a rats posterior about that, maybe it's time to clear the air for everyone on a bench or holding office, let's have all their speeches and written papers checked for plagiarism. :pondering:

Good idea.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Wow his technical terms for what down syndrome is read just like somebody else wow. Big deal.  *****rollingeyes*****
It should also be noted that if it's properly cited, it's not plagiarism. They tried to smear Monica Crowley the same way a few weeks ago.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Suppressed

It should also be noted that if it's properly cited, it's not plagiarism. They tried to smear Monica Crowley the same way a few weeks ago.

The word is "quotation marks".  You can't just copy another's work word-for-word and then just cite them and all is fine.  Monica Crowley is also a plagiarist.
+++++++++

geronl

Whataboutism is a fallacy, not a way of life.

Just because Biden did it, does not make it okay for others to do it too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Whataboutism is a fallacy, not a way of life.

Just because Biden did it, does not make it okay for others to do it too.
And who said it does? Pointing out the inequity, even if we all know it, is not the same as excusing. And as for whataboutism, who on this site has not played the game? And that most assuredly includes you, oh great spreader of wisdom. :silly:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

As I remember, the plagiarism charges against Biden torpedoed his White House hopes in 1988.

Then, miraculously, all was forgotten when he was picked to be His Excellency's running mate in 2008.

That said, two wrongs indeed do not make one right.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 04:50:52 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.