Author Topic: Freedom Caucus' Shot Across the Bow — Include Us on Tax Reform  (Read 329 times)

Offline Just_Victor

Source: NewsMax
By Mark Swanson   |    Wednesday, 05 Apr 2017 07:36 AM

The Freedom Caucus is already pushing on House leadership to include conservatives on tax reform to avoid the same fate as the Obamacare replacement plan, Politico reported.

Chairman of the conservative wing Rep. Mark Meadows praised the outreach so far from the committees working on tax reform language, but said the Caucus needs to be included on any draft before reading about it later.

"When a member sees the text for the first time in a leaked draft from Politico, therein is a problem," Meadows told Politico.

Unlike the American Health Care Act, the failed legislation that was supposed to be the House's answer for Obamacare, House Ways and Means Chairman Kevin Brady is planning to hold hearings on tax reform.

...snip

The White House is also looking at the creation of new taxes — a carbon tax and a value-added tax — as potential offsets to cuts.

more

Great.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Freedom Caucus' Shot Across the Bow — Include Us on Tax Reform
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 03:02:20 pm »
More tinkering around the edges of the Marxist income tax is NOT tax reform!  Getting rid of the Marxist income tax and it's attendant IRS IS Tax reform!

http://fairtax.org
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien