Author Topic: US Navy grounds T-45 training jet fleet following Fox News report  (Read 434 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
US Navy grounds T-45 training jet fleet following Fox News report

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/05/us-navy-grounds-t-45-training-jet-fleet-following-fox-news-report.html

The U.S. Navy announced Wednesday it has grounded all T-45 Goshawk jet training flights for three days, after Fox News reported that up to 100 instructor pilots were refusing to fly the aircraft citing problems with its oxygen system.

“We take the concerns of our aircrew seriously and have directed a ... safety pause for the T-45 community to allow time for Naval Aviation leadership to engage with the pilots, hear their concerns and discuss the risk mitigations as well as the efforts that are ongoing to correct this issue,” Navy spokeswoman Cmdr. Jeannie Groeneveld said in an email to Fox News Wednesday.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: US Navy grounds T-45 training jet fleet following Fox News report
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 09:42:14 pm »
So that makes multiple aircraft having problems with oxygen systems. I've seen the word contamination in at least one report. Who they heck is supplying the oxygen itself?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: US Navy grounds T-45 training jet fleet following Fox News report
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 09:52:57 pm »
I dunno but the IP's are pissed about the slow rolling of figuring it out.