Author Topic: Trump Support Plunges to 34%  (Read 1561 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump Support Plunges to 34%
« on: April 05, 2017, 02:36:29 am »

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Trump Support Plunges to 34%
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 02:39:33 am »
http://www.investors.com/politics/trump-approval-plunges-amid-russia-inquiry-obamacare-repeal-failure-ibdtipp-poll/

In Rasmussen his approval ratio is -19.

This does not bode well for midterms.

Really? Are the midterms next week? Is the country suddenly not divided anymore so all these GOP seats will go Rat?

Thought not.

Reagan was at this level going into one of the biggest blow out elections in 1984.

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 02:41:09 am »
Really? Are the midterms next week? Is the country suddenly not divided anymore so all these GOP seats will go Rat?

Thought not.

Reagan was at this level going into one of the biggest blow out elections in 1984.

So you're no longer saying this is fake news?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 02:48:40 am »
So you're no longer saying this is fake news?

I don't really give a shit. I was hearing this garbage about how underwater Donny was all through the election. Google it. Article after article on how it was impossible for him to win with approvals in the low 30's. He kicked Hitlaries ass. Now all of a sudden I am supposed to believe this tired old shit five minutes after he handily took the election? I'm not as feeble minded as you.

You go get all excited about your shit polls while I get excited about Donny dismantlement Obama's garbage of a legacy Snowflake.

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 02:51:51 am »
I don't really give a shit.

That's a yes.  :laugh:

I was hearing this garbage about how underwater Donny was all through the election. Google it. Article after article on how it was impossible for him to win with approvals in the low 30's. He kicked Hitlaries ass. Now all of a sudden I am supposed to believe this tired old shit five minutes after he handily took the election? I'm not as feeble minded as you.

You go get all excited about your shit polls while I get excited about Donny dismantlement Obama's garbage of a legacy Snowflake.

You sound like you're gonna cry about it, lil Frankie. Trump aint' up for election in 2018, the GOP is. And unlike Trump, these guys have lost in the past, quite a bit.

:laugh:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 02:52:09 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline anubias

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 02:59:57 am »
That's a yes.  :laugh:

You sound like you're gonna cry about it, lil Frankie. Trump aint' up for election in 2018, the GOP is. And unlike Trump, these guys have lost in the past, quite a bit.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure
@Frank Cannon

Your constant attempts to demean Frank as "Lil Frankie" just shows to the world that you are jealous that his brain runs circles around yours.  I'd wager his forehead circumference is double yours.  You appear to be the one that is small every time you do it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 03:01:04 am by anubias »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 03:08:06 am »

Showing you are a generally low info Leftist again. Let's see, since 1994 when the GOP swept into congress they have only lost power in 2006 for a short 4 year period. You call holding power in the House and Senate in 18 of the last 22 years losing quite a bit?

You are a circus clown.

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 03:12:03 am »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure
@Frank Cannon

Your constant attempts to demean Frank as "Lil Frankie" just shows to the world that you are jealous that his brain runs circles around yours.  I'd wager his forehead circumference is double yours.  You appear to be the one that is small every time you do it.

:laugh: I"ll put my knowledge of world affairs, science, the arts, etc. up against wee lil' frankie's any day of the week. But I will agree that he is most likely a bent melonhead. The guy is the biggest raging loudmouth on this website (maybe besides myself  :laugh:).

And add yourself to that list too, plebe. Now lets get back to the subject at hand: Trump's plunging popularity endangers the midterms. It's funny the resident muttonheads (of which wee lil Fwankie is front and center) no longer attempt to wave away Trump plunging popularity as "fake news". Even Rasmussen is showing that Trump is as popular as cancer.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 03:12:54 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 03:15:13 am »
:laugh: I"ll put my knowledge of world affairs, science, the arts, etc. up against wee lil' frankie's any day of the week.

Really? I just handed you your ass after you made a stupid third graders comment about the GOP.

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 03:17:36 am »
Really? I just handed you your ass after you made a stupid third graders comment about the GOP.

In the past you used to say these polls were "fake news". Why aren't you still singing that same tune, Frank?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 03:38:45 am »
I don't really give a shit. I was hearing this garbage about how underwater Donny was all through the election. Google it. Article after article on how it was impossible for him to win with approvals in the low 30's. He kicked Hitlaries ass. .

How quickly folks forget @Frank Cannon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra1xVFDjk48

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Offline anubias

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 03:44:39 am »

Some are so stupid that they don't know they're stupid evidently.

Offline anubias

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 03:46:04 am »
:laugh: I"ll put my knowledge of world affairs, science, the arts, etc. up against wee lil' frankie's any day of the week. But I will agree that he is most likely a bent melonhead. The guy is the biggest raging loudmouth on this website (maybe besides myself  :laugh:).

And add yourself to that list too, plebe. Now lets get back to the subject at hand: Trump's plunging popularity endangers the midterms. It's funny the resident muttonheads (of which wee lil Fwankie is front and center) no longer attempt to wave away Trump plunging popularity as "fake news". Even Rasmussen is showing that Trump is as popular as cancer.

By all means, carry on.  Far be it from me to try to help you not look the fool.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2017, 03:47:05 am »
In the past you used to say these polls were "fake news". Why aren't you still singing that same tune, Frank?

You are a really dumb bastard. You said the GOP loses quite a lot as a party. Read post 6 and get back to me Skippy.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2017, 04:23:10 am »
WTF is among the leading contenders for the "2017 Sinkspur Wrong About Everything Award."

(Companion Awards include "most posts" and "last word.")  WTF is, like Sinkspur, loud, self-assured, manic with postings.

*Reality point--the out of power party typically picks up seats in the "off elections," so if the dems  gain some seats in 2018 it proves nothing about Trump. It would simply be following the historical pattern.

But WTF knows this, since he claims his vast knowledge of affairs.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 11:46:25 am »
WTF is among the leading contenders for the "2017 Sinkspur Wrong About Everything Award."

(Companion Awards include "most posts" and "last word.")  WTF is, like Sinkspur, loud, self-assured, manic with postings.

*Reality point--the out of power party typically picks up seats in the "off elections," so if the dems  gain some seats in 2018 it proves nothing about Trump. It would simply be following the historical pattern.

But WTF knows this, since he claims his vast knowledge of affairs.

In the days leading up to the election I said Trump had a real shot at winning Florida and therefor the Presidency. I didn't think Trump would win Wisconsin, Michigan or Pennsylvania, but I don't think anybody did.

This is different, Trump isn't running in the midterms. The GOP is.

Offline Frandia

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 12:24:08 pm »
http://www.investors.com/politics/trump-approval-plunges-amid-russia-inquiry-obamacare-repeal-failure-ibdtipp-poll/

Democrats reeling from a devastating election face a daunting task: the 2018 Senate map.

It favors Republicans in a big way. The GOP will be defending just eight seats, while Democrats must fight for 23 — plus another two held by independents who caucus with Democrats.

What’s worse is the fact that many of the seats they must defend are in states won by Republican Donald Trump.
Midterm elections for sitting presidents are historically challenging. Democrats in the Senate are hoping to find some political momentum for 2018 given the difficult playing ground. 

Here are 10 Senate seats that could flip, in alphabetical order:

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/306210-10-senate-seats-that-could-flip-in-2018

But Democrats could also just as easily fall short of a majority. They may not do a good job of recruiting top-notch candidates. In 2016, Democrats didn’t even field a candidate in 29 districts, including in Republican Rep. Pete Sessions’s district in Texas, even as Hillary Clinton beat Trump there. There’s also the issue of district lines. The way district lines are currently drawn benefits Republicans by distributing GOP voters more efficiently than Democratic voters. So, all else being equal, we would probably expect Republicans to win more seats than Trump’s approval rating alone indicates.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/a-very-early-look-at-the-battle-for-the-house-in-2018/
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 12:25:54 pm by Frandia »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 05:49:13 pm »

Thought not.

When Reagan was at this level, polls actually meant something.

They don't anymore.

I still remember how Trump won every debate on the Drudge poll and won them handily even though he was basically a disaster.

I don't trust polls anymore, although Trump might be slipping little bit right now as a result of the excruciatingly slow process he's dealing with.

If polls were accurate, we would be saying President Hillary.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 05:52:49 pm »

He was upside down and still got elected. The old polling paradigms don't seem to be holding up too well lately.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017, 05:59:31 pm »

Democrats reeling from a devastating election face a daunting task: the 2018 Senate map.

It favors Republicans in a big way. The GOP will be defending just eight seats, while Democrats must fight for 23 — plus another two held by independents who caucus with Democrats.

What’s worse is the fact that many of the seats they must defend are in states won by Republican Donald Trump.
Midterm elections for sitting presidents are historically challenging. Democrats in the Senate are hoping to find some political momentum for 2018 given the difficult playing ground. 

Here are 10 Senate seats that could flip, in alphabetical order:

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/306210-10-senate-seats-that-could-flip-in-2018

But Democrats could also just as easily fall short of a majority. They may not do a good job of recruiting top-notch candidates. In 2016, Democrats didn’t even field a candidate in 29 districts, including in Republican Rep. Pete Sessions’s district in Texas, even as Hillary Clinton beat Trump there. There’s also the issue of district lines. The way district lines are currently drawn benefits Republicans by distributing GOP voters more efficiently than Democratic voters. So, all else being equal, we would probably expect Republicans to win more seats than Trump’s approval rating alone indicates.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/a-very-early-look-at-the-battle-for-the-house-in-2018/

I think the GOP could lose a few seats in the House, but not enough to overturn the entire House.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2017, 06:01:43 pm »

I think the GOP could lose a few seats in the House, but not enough to overturn the entire House.

I predict the Republicans will gain in both houses, but it's a little early.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

• Technical
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2017, 06:02:15 pm »
He was upside down and still got elected. The old polling paradigms don't seem to be holding up too well lately.

Polls were accurate, at least the polling averages were. Hillary got more votes, Trump won anyway.

This won't happen in the House seats, there the popular vote rules.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2017, 06:02:59 pm »
I predict the Republicans will gain in both houses, but it's a little early.

Way to early imho.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

geronl

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2017, 06:16:59 pm »
-19%? Just kidding.

---
Trump cult response list: (I haven't read the comments yet)

34% is winning!
It's the media's fault!
Polls lie! Unless we like them.