Author Topic: is Bill O'Reilly done after the sexual harassment news?  (Read 3796 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: is Bill O'Reilly done after the sexual harassment news?
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2017, 12:49:37 pm »
In a just world, he would be.

Unless something dramatic happened between me going to bed and getting up again, this ain't a just world. He'll skate, so long as he still puts eyes on screen.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Silver Pines

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2017, 03:01:25 pm »
I doubt that you and I are the only ones who stopped watching FOX altogether when they're love affair began.

I would be surprised if they didn't lose a lot of serious viewership when they completely lost their objectivity.

@musiclady
@Cripplecreek

You're right, you aren't the only ones.

I stopped watching during the primaries when I began to see that "fair and balanced" was a cynical joke.  Roger Ailes told Trump that he would help him get elected, and as a result, his network turned into a propaganda outlet.  I knew I made the right decision when I heard the audio of Hannity ripping into Ted Cruz, leaving all pretensions of journalistic professionalism and impartiality on the floor. 

If I want TV news, I turn on CNN.  I can think for myself and so I'm perfectly aware of what their biases are.  But I usually end up getting news from solid, intellectually honest conservative sources on Twitter.

I read that Ted Cruz doesn't watch Fox News anymore.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2017, 03:06:09 pm »
@musiclady
@Cripplecreek

You're right, you aren't the only ones.

I stopped watching during the primaries when I began to see that "fair and balanced" was a cynical joke.  Roger Ailes told Trump that he would help him get elected, and as a result, his network turned into a propaganda outlet.  I knew I made the right decision when I heard the audio of Hannity ripping into Ted Cruz, leaving all pretensions of journalistic professionalism and impartiality on the floor. 

If I want TV news, I turn on CNN.  I can think for myself and so I'm perfectly aware of what their biases are.  But I usually end up getting news from solid, intellectually honest conservative sources on Twitter.

I read that Ted Cruz doesn't watch Fox News anymore.

Bill O'Reilly should team up with Mike Cernovich. They can swap stories of how it isn't rape if you use coercion and there is no violence. Cernovich can throw his bisexual fantasies in there to spice things up.

Silver Pines

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2017, 03:12:45 pm »
Bill O'Reilly should team up with Mike Cernovich. They can swap stories of how it isn't rape if you use coercion and there is no violence. Cernovich can throw his bisexual fantasies in there to spice things up.

I'd add to that, but most of what Cernovich talks about I can't repeat on the forum.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2017, 03:16:20 pm »
I'd add to that, but most of what Cernovich talks about I can't repeat on the forum.

Not even his Indonesian ladyboy rating system?

Silver Pines

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2017, 03:35:24 pm »
Not even his Indonesian ladyboy rating system?

Nope.  Nor his extensive monologues on his, uh....bodily fluids.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2017, 03:55:06 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

I stopped watching most people on Fox when it turned into a Trump network.  I watched Megyn Kelly until she left. I used to watch Greta and stopped watching her when she turned into a female Trump.  I stopped watching Bill O'Reilly some time ago after I read his messages and read the recorded phone messages he made to a woman on Fox several years ago.  All his messages to her were in court documents and they were on the net. They were so disgusting, I couldn't stand to see him on TV after that.  He paid that woman millions of dollars for what he did.

A total of 21 companies have now pulled their ads off his show.  Bob wanted to watch him last night to see if he spoke to this, so we watched it and he didn't bring it up.  Could hardly stand to watch him.  He is a sleazy piece of humanity with no redeeming value.

Silver Pines

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2017, 04:25:54 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

I stopped watching most people on Fox when it turned into a Trump network.  I watched Megyn Kelly until she left. I used to watch Greta and stopped watching her when she turned into a female Trump.  I stopped watching Bill O'Reilly some time ago after I read his messages and read the recorded phone messages he made to a woman on Fox several years ago.  All his messages to her were in court documents and they were on the net. They were so disgusting, I couldn't stand to see him on TV after that.  He paid that woman millions of dollars for what he did.

A total of 21 companies have now pulled their ads off his show.  Bob wanted to watch him last night to see if he spoke to this, so we watched it and he didn't bring it up.  Could hardly stand to watch him.  He is a sleazy piece of humanity with no redeeming value.

@Victoria33

I remember reading the documents detailing O'Reilly's conversations with that woman.  He's a sleaze.  I never liked him because I dislike arrogant gasbags as a matter of general principle.

You mentioned Megyn Kelly.  I never got on the hate-Kelly bandwagon.  I wasn't a particular fan of hers, but she was a good interviewer at Fox, and she ripped into Democrats and Republicans alike.  I maintain that she didn't deserve the avalanche of malice that fell on her after that first Republican debate.  She simply asked Trump a hard question about his past which was going to come up sooner or later anyway, and should have been addressed.  I had no problem with Cruz being asked hard questions---I wanted it that way.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2017, 04:40:31 pm »
@Victoria33

I remember reading the documents detailing O'Reilly's conversations with that woman.  He's a sleaze.  I never liked him because I dislike arrogant gasbags as a matter of general principle.

You mentioned Megyn Kelly.  I never got on the hate-Kelly bandwagon.  I wasn't a particular fan of hers, but she was a good interviewer at Fox, and she ripped into Democrats and Republicans alike.  I maintain that she didn't deserve the avalanche of malice that fell on her after that first Republican debate.  She simply asked Trump a hard question about his past which was going to come up sooner or later anyway, and should have been addressed.  I had no problem with Cruz being asked hard questions---I wanted it that way.

I felt the same way.

Kelly came to respect Ted Cruz. She accused him of the open border vote lie but later apologized to him saying that he had indeed been truthful.

Silver Pines

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2017, 04:53:31 pm »

I felt the same way.

Kelly came to respect Ted Cruz. She accused him of the open border vote lie but later apologized to him saying that he had indeed been truthful.

I think I remember that.

I never saw a journalist get raked over the coals so badly just for asking a legitimate question.  Over at TOS, they called her Bloody Kelly.  One of them wrote some kind of sick fanfic in which Kelly was crawling up the street in NYC on her hands and knees, crying, makeup smeared over her face, stockings ripped, on her way to beg forgiveness from Trump.  That was pathological.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2017, 05:01:11 pm »
Done?  Doubt it.

Same here.  I doubt it.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck