Author Topic: Viral photo: SC girl defends her choice of doll...  (Read 713 times)

Offline bolobaby

Viral photo: SC girl defends her choice of doll...
« on: April 04, 2017, 01:57:18 pm »
Full title: Viral photo: SC girl defends her choice of doll, 'She's a doctor like I'm a doctor'

Little two-year-old Sophia had an immediate goal: learning how to use the potty, and she has a longterm goal: becoming a doctor. And a photo of her that's going viral has become a message of love, dreams, and diversity.

Excerpt. More at link...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/04/viral-photo-sc-girl-defends-her-choice-doll-shes-doctor-like-im-doctor.html
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

Re: Viral photo: SC girl defends her choice of doll...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 01:58:50 pm »
I post this for one reason and one reason only:

Just because someone posts something on Facebook, doesn't make it true. The fact that news outlets then pick this up as "news," without any corroborating evidence is shameful.

Maybe it happened the way it was described, maybe it didn't. So much for journalism.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 02:01:28 pm »

Just because someone posts something on Facebook, doesn't make it true. The fact that news outlets then pick this up as "news," without any corroborating evidence is shameful.

Maybe it happened the way it was described, maybe it didn't. So much for journalism.

I was wondering where they found that cashier, 1954?

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 02:05:21 pm »
    Isn't this how Rachel Dolenzal started out?
    Guilty of not reading article.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 03:37:34 pm »
Someone post it on a certain other website and I wonder if we'll find the cashier, or at least the last remnants of society that think like her.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 04:19:30 pm »
Someone post it on a certain other website and I wonder if we'll find the cashier, or at least the last remnants of society that think like her.

@AbaraXas, I question whether this really happened except in the mom's fevered imagination.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 04:28:25 pm »

They call it Fakebook for a reason.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 07:43:22 pm »
Another big "who cares?" in the history of the worldwide internet web.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

geronl

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 07:50:43 pm »
Since she identifies as a doctor, where does Sophia practice?