Author Topic: Trump repeals Alaskan bear hunting regs  (Read 627 times)

Offline corbe

Trump repeals Alaskan bear hunting regs
« on: April 04, 2017, 01:09:14 am »
Trump repeals Alaskan bear hunting regs

By Tim Devaney - 04/03/17 08:14 PM EDT 

President Trump rolled back a trio of regulations Monday, including protections for hibernating bears in Alaska.

The Obama-era rule from the Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) prohibited certain hunting tactics that target “predator” animals likes bears and wolves while they are inside Alaska’s national preserves. This included a ban on hunters using airplanes.
Trump overturned the rule Monday, handing control of the hunting regulations over to Alaska state officials who have shown an eagerness to control predator populations as a way to protect other animals such as deer. But animal rights activists say this will open the door to hunters snatching hibernating bears and wolves out of their dens, or even killing them in front of their cubs.

The president also rolled back the Federal Communication Commission’s (FCC) Internet privacy rules and the Labor Department’s workplace protections that required companies to report injuries and illnesses that occur on the job.

http://thehill.com/regulation/327113-trump-repeals-alaskan-bear-hunting-regs
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Trump repeals Alaskan bear hunting regs
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 01:11:15 am »
    Bet Sarah's happy.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Forum member

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 01:24:11 am »
But animal rights activists say this will open the door to hunters snatching hibernating bears and wolves out of their dens, or even killing them in front of their cubs.

Good luck finding those hibernating wolves.

And killing them in front of their cubs? Say what now?

Offline rodamala

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 02:14:58 am »
The only regulation there should be is that when in Griz country, in your one hand you should carry any loaded weapon with a caliber starting with the number 4, and in the other hand... you should carry any loaded weapon with a caliber starting with the number 4.

Anti-gun liberals can opt out, though.  They just have to wear bells and carry pepper spray.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 02:18:19 am by rodamala »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 09:39:42 am »
Good luck finding those hibernating wolves. 

And killing them in front of their cubs? Say what now?
Well, y'know, that could like, traumatize them and make them violent or something...
(hibernating wolves? say what? **nononono*)
(/sarcasm)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 09:40:52 am »
The only regulation there should be is that when in Griz country, in your one hand you should carry any loaded weapon with a caliber starting with the number 4, and in the other hand... you should carry any loaded weapon with a caliber starting with the number 4.

Anti-gun liberals can opt out, though.  They just have to wear bells and carry pepper spray.
Yeah. If you smell the pepper it helps avoid stepping in the Liberal.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 10:12:29 am »
"There is a bear in the woods. Some say it's friendly......"

Offline thackney

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 12:07:22 pm »

12 gauge works just fine.  So do 308, 30-06, 338...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 12:16:08 pm »
12 gauge works just fine.  So do 308, 30-06, 338...

I like to hunt the same way I fish.....with sticks of dynamite.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 12:17:06 pm »
I can just see you now: "Fish or cut bait!"

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 12:24:15 pm »

When I lived in Alaska, a coworker joked about keeping a 22 pistol for bears while fishing.

He said he didn't need to out run the bear, just out run at least one of his fishing "buddies".
Life is fragile, handle with prayer