Author Topic: Astronomers Discover Three New Fast Radio Bursts  (Read 875 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Astronomers Discover Three New Fast Radio Bursts
« on: April 03, 2017, 10:58:33 pm »
Astronomers Discover Three New Fast Radio Bursts
Avaneesh Pandey
International Business TimesApril 3, 2017

A team of astronomers associated with Australia’s Molonglo Observatory Synthesis Telescope announced Monday the discovery of three new Fast Radio Bursts (FRBs) — intense bursts of radio emission lasting mere milliseconds. In addition to adding to the extremely short list of such events detected so far and providing the first interferometric observations of FRBs, the discovery lends further support to the theory that these mysterious flashes originate in outer space...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/astronomers-discover-three-fast-radio-102402644.html

@kevindavis
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Suppressed

Re: Astronomers Discover Three New Fast Radio Bursts
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 08:07:57 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn