Author Topic: Irving Mayor Beth Van Duyne to join Trump administration  (Read 683 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Irving Mayor Beth Van Duyne to join Trump administration
« on: April 03, 2017, 09:28:10 pm »
Dallas News by Gromer Jeffers 3/30/2017

Irving Mayor Beth Van Duyne is going to work for the Trump administration.

She didn't say what her role would be, but told a gathering Thursday at the AT&T Byron Nelson kickoff luncheon that an announcement could come next week.

"I keep saying next week because I've been told the paperwork is going to be done next week," Van Duyne told about 300 people at the Momentous Institute in north Oak Cliff. "But next week, I'll actually be able to make an announcement."

Earlier this year, Van Duyne opted not to seek a third term as mayor. That led to speculation that she would join Donald Trump's administration, either under Housing Secretary Ben Carson or in another role.

Carson, who was in Dallas Thursday on a "listening tour," said he would talk about appointments to the Housing Department in the coming weeks. But he added that he liked Van Duyne.

"She's terrific," he said.
Irving Mayor Beth Van Duyne will not seek third term

Van Duyne, one of the few large-city mayors in America to back Trump's presidential campaign, has long expressed an interest in helping the federal government navigate urban affairs.

Van Duyne, who has been mayor since 2011, gained notoriety for her strong positions against Sharia law and sanctuary cities for unauthorized immigrants. Earlier this year, she asked lawmakers at the Texas Homeland Security Forum to help investigate the legality of an Islamic tribunal in North Texas.

More: http://www.dallasnews.com/news/donald-trump-1/2017/03/30/irving-mayor-beth-van-duyne-join-trump-administration

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Irving Mayor Beth Van Duyne to join Trump administration
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 09:43:09 pm »
Beth is a good looking blonde, very appropriate for the Trump administration and I actually like her and voted for her.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 09:44:30 pm »
She's the best mayor in history but she is very wrong about Trump

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 10:21:19 pm »
She's the best mayor in history but she is very wrong about Trump

Well, somebody is.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline flowers