Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS! Susan Rice requested unmasking of incoming Trump administration officials.  (Read 17993 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: CNN's Lemon calls Susan Rice story a 'diversion'
« Reply #200 on: April 04, 2017, 07:06:11 pm »
txradioguy thinks he IS Jethro Gibbs. He's playing a role. Don't expect a rational, coherent, substantive answer. He's going to answer as if he's on a T.V. show - i.e., all melodrama, clichés and rude, terse flippancy ( just like the character he apparently worships) as if he is too good to lower himself to giving civil, cogent responses to the rest of us vermin.

That being said, I don't think he's a bad guy, but he apparently has an exaggerated sense of his importance in the universe which keeps him aloof from engaging in dialogue because he thinks he "too cool". 

I get it - I'm a fan of NCIS too, but I don't dodge substantive posts from other conservatives with (forgive me) flimsy excuses.

You haven't posted anything of substance or importance in the almost 12 months I've been here.

You should try it some time.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
But the thing is then why access them at all? This was incidental intelligence. Why was she combing thru stuff that apparently had no national security interest attached to it?

I will give you three guesses...
The Republic is lost.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #202 on: April 04, 2017, 07:17:13 pm »
Fox news gave legitimacy to a totally false and slanderous story about Ted Cruz's dad.  They went totally in the tank for Donny and lost all semblance of journalistic integrity. Same with Drudge...TOS and Rush.  Only the kool aid drinkers think otherwise.

It's the journalistic opinion by ONE journalist that it's a nothing burger.

You're just upset that every single news outlet on every single news show doesn't speak glowingly of Trump.

You sound exactly like the Libs that whined about the same thing with Obama.

It's dumb and mindless no matter which side does it.

You have quite the task...discerning members' minds and motives and evaluating the quality of members' posts. I guess everyone needs a hobby.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #203 on: April 04, 2017, 07:20:52 pm »
What's sad is that...unlike most of the Liberal hacks on TV these days...Lemon actually does have a degree in journalism and has worked his entire career in television.

He's not another Chris Matthews...Rachel Maddow or Anderson Cooper who only pretend to be journalists.

Back in the day,  journalist.. i.e TV, print, etc.  at least tried to give an air of objectivity.

Nowdays, the line between journalist and punditry has blurred into oblivion, esp. on the left.

He is still a liberal hack, no matter how many journalism degrees he has.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #204 on: April 04, 2017, 07:23:16 pm »
You haven't posted anything of substance or importance in the almost 12 months I've been here.

You should try it some time.

Now THAT"S more like it ( your previous post was very substantive). BTW, I thought better of my initial post (thought it was a tad unfair and harsh) so I deleted it. You're pretty quick on the draw thar ponda!  I agree that Fox lost a lot of credibility for their hits on Cruz (he was my choice from the beginning- though he likely would not have won the general for a lot of reasons). 

I'll ignore the bait and consider us even for now. Like I said, I don't think txradioguy is a bad guy, just a tad overamped behind the anti-Trump thing. Maybe time will heal that tendency.
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #205 on: April 04, 2017, 07:28:30 pm »
Now THAT"S more like it ( your previous post was very substantive). BTW, I thought better of my initial post (thought it was a tad unfair and harsh) so I deleted it. You're pretty quick on the draw thar ponda!  I agree that Fox lost a lot of credibility for their hits on Cruz (he was my choice from the beginning- though he likely would not have won the general for a lot of reasons). 

I'll ignore the bait and consider us even for now. Like I said, I don't think txradioguy is a bad guy, just a tad overamped behind the anti-Trump thing. Maybe time will heal that tendency.

Ya gotta admit, you earned that one.  And for the record, I like both of you....

(And I earn my share, too.  It's worth the laughs.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #206 on: April 04, 2017, 07:32:34 pm »
Back in the day,  journalist.. i.e TV, print, etc.  at least tried to give an air of objectivity.

I think that's because we didn't have the variety of news sources we do today...in short...we didn't know they were skewing the news because there was no objective or opposite reference point for us to judge what we were hearing or seeing.

Nowdays, the line between journalist and punditry has blurred into oblivion, esp. on the left.

That's because we have people with Poli Sci and Law degrees in front of the camera acting as cover for their political maters.  Plus you've got the ones coming out of J school that are more interested in becoming the next Woodward and Bernstein than just simply informing the public with a good hard news story.

We've got too many journalists and not enough reporters.

He is still a liberal hack, no matter how many journalism degrees he has.

Agreed.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #207 on: April 04, 2017, 07:39:39 pm »
Plus you've got the ones coming out of J school that are more interested in becoming the next Woodward and Bernstein than just simply informing the public with a good hard news story.

I knew a kid once who was wanting to go to J school, and I asked her why.  She said "To make the world a better place."  I just looked at her and said, "I hope you wash out in your first year.  I don't want reporters who want to change the world, I want reporters who tell me what's happened." 

She did wash out.  Sadly a lot did not.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #208 on: April 04, 2017, 07:47:52 pm »
I knew a kid once who was wanting to go to J school, and I asked her why.  She said "To make the world a better place."  I just looked at her and said, "I hope you wash out in your first year.  I don't want reporters who want to change the world, I want reporters who tell me what's happened." 

She did wash out.  Sadly a lot did not.

If someone wants to make the world a better place...join the Peace Corps...be a Missionary for your church...Journalism School isn't the place to do that.

Some of these people I see on TV today I wonder how the hell they walk and chew bubble gum at the same time much less edit and produce a 2 minute news report.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 07:49:08 pm by txradioguy »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I wonder if this is a smoking gun or if she is being used as a scapegoat for others?  Note: this seems to be a very different issue than wiretapping at this point. This is intelligence gathering but the question of legality is different in the two cases.

The National Security Council has uncovered computer logs that detail the instances former national security adviser Susan Rice requested and viewed records that included President Trump and his campaign staffers' names in intelligence reports from July through January, according to a report published Monday....

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2619242/

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I wonder if this is a smoking gun or if she is being used as a scapegoat for others? ...

Yes.

:smokin:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I think they are trying very hard to throw her under the bus in the hope that everyone will stop looking.  But what do I know?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Hannity devoting 3 hours on his syndicated radio program to this, today.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Hannity devoting 3 hours on his syndicated radio program to this, today.

I think there's blood in the water now. 

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
I wonder if this is a smoking gun or if she is being used as a scapegoat for others?  Note: this seems to be a very different issue than wiretapping at this point. This is intelligence gathering but the question of legality is different in the two cases.

It occurred to me today that this thing was formulated to fight off a Trump challenge after he lost. Susan has a history of being a useful tool (Benghazi).

She is not the mastermind.

Offline corbe

7 Times The Obama Administration Used Government To Target Its Political Opponents

By: Aaron Bandler,

April 4, 2017

The news that Barack Obama's National Security Advisor, Susan Rice, requested the unmasking of various members of Donald Trump's team is a massive story, as it shows that the Obama administration used the country's intelligence personnel to target a political opponent.

Such behavior was not uncommon for the Obama administration; they frequently utilized the federal government against their political opponents whenever possible. Here are seven times they did so.

1. The Obama administration jailed the filmmaker of the video that they blamed the Benghazi terror attacks on. The filmmaker, Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, produced a video called The Innocence of Muslims that ridiculed Mohammed; in 2012 the administration scapegoated the video as the root of the Benghazi terror attacks. It was an obvious lie, but the administration jailed Nakoula anyway for allegedly violating probation. Nakoula spent a year in prison and now lives in a homeless shelter.

2. Individuals were targeted by Obama's IRS. The most noteworthy include:
•Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Ben Carson.
•Frank VanderSloot, who donated to a Mitt Romney super PAC and co-chaired Romney's campaign finance committee.
•GOP megadonor Sheldon Adelson.

These were all part of a larger scandal by the IRS.

3. The IRS suppressed conservative organizations.
The Daily Wire has previously reported that Obama's IRS "heavily scrutinized" conservative organizations "with invasive questions" when applying for a tax exemption, something that left-wing groups applying for such an exemption typically did not face, a chilling double standard. Additionally, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association was audited as it was supporting pro-Israel candidates as well as "candidates who base their decisions on biblical principles."

The next two come from a previous list:

4. Dinesh D'Souza was prosecuted for making a film critical of Obama
. D'Souza's blockbuster film 2016: Obama's America clearly irked the Obama administration, as they called it "an insidious attempt to dishonestly smear the president." Two years later, federal prosecutors secured a sentence of eight months in a confinement center and five years of probation for D'Souza reimbursing "straw donors for another $20,000 secretly coming from him" to help his friend run for the Senate, which is normally a crime that results in "a wrist slap such as a paltry fine," according to former Maricopa County Elections Department attorney Rachel Alexander.

D'Souza isn't the only one who has been prosecuted under the Obama administration for being critical of the president...

5. Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ) was prosecuted by the Obama administration after he criticized the president's foreign policy. Menendez was openly critical of the administration's policies toward Cuba and Iran in 2015. Soon after, the Department of Justice indicted him for "corruption and bribery," prompting Harvard lawyer Alan Dershowitz to write:

“Is the prosecution part of a growing and dangerous trend toward criminalizing policy differences?” Dershowitz wondered in a blog post Friday. “Senator Menendez has challenged the Administration’s policy toward Cuba, expressed concerns over a nuclear deal being brokered with Iran, questioned why an agency would condone throwing good medicine in the garbage, and asked whether a foreign government or the private sector is better at port security. Senators should not have to fear that the Executive Branch will unleash prosecutors to go after politicians who are critical of the administration.”

Menendez has repeatedly tried to get federal courts to dismiss the charges, to no avail. Regardless if he's guilty or not, the timing of Menendez's indictment reeked of retaliation.

6. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and members of Congress were under surveillance by the Obama administration. The National Security Agency monitored Netanyahu, whom the Obama administration despised to the point where they intervened in Israel's election to defeat him, as the Iran deal was being hammered out. In doing so, members of Congress were also monitored. In other words, the Obama administration was monitoring political opponents to the Iran deal, which seems to be what the administration was doing to the Trump team as well.

7. The Environmental Protection Agency waived fees for Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests for left-wing groups far more often than for conservative groups.

<..snip..>

http://www.dailywire.com/news/15087/7-times-obama-administration-used-government-aaron-bandler?utm_content=social&utm_medium=@federalists_usa&utm_source=thenewamericana.com&utm_campaign=thefederalistparty.org
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I think they are trying very hard to throw her under the bus in the hope that everyone will stop looking.  But what do I know?

I hope they dig deeply; Rice, Jarrett and Bammy...and somehow a Clinton connection as well!  I know I'm dreaming ... but how wonderful would it be??  Seriously...this goes beyond draining the swamp ... this would drain part of the cesspool.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline ArneFufkin

She's pretty high up on the food chain to serve as a "scapegoat".  She, Valerie and that weasel Ben Rhodes basically ran Obongo's foreign policy and national security apparatuses during his reign.    A very insular group.   It's hard to believe Rice did anything without the imprimatur of Obama and the knowledge and support of the other two.

Throw in legal protections from Lynch, cooperation of political hacks like Brennan and allies in the FBI like Comey and McCabe and you basically have a weaponized political machine.

They're relying on the Democrats and their media co-conspirators to bury this scandal.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 09:45:32 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline dfwgator

What did President Obama know, and when did he know it?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Exactly.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

Pointless since we have a ultra-left leaning MSM, and a feckless, spineless GOP who won't pursue.

Far as I am concerned they both need to be in Leavenworth, but we all know better.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

I think there's blood in the water now.

There ought to be.

But I'll believe it when I see it.

The state & media toads WILL circle the wagons. And that includes the establishments in both parties.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #223 on: April 04, 2017, 10:56:21 pm »
You are anchored on some unusual concepts.

CNN is corrupt to the core.  Don Lemon just stated the network will be WILLFULLY blind to the facts.

And Valerie Jarrett's daughter works there.  If the facts are the cards in a deck, CNN is playing with about 13 cards...

It's a stupid question that deserved the short answer it got.

They are still just as legitimate of a news source as Fox Drudge or Breitbart.

Tying to delegitimize a news outlet because you don't like it's slant on the news is stupid.  We used to mock the Liberals when they asked the same questions about Conservative news sources.  We were all outraged every time Obama bashed Fox.

Now suddenly because Orange Julius is in office that kind of Liberal idiocy is cheered?  Please give me a break.

The only insult is to the intelligence of most of the members here that have to even read a silly question like that.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #224 on: April 04, 2017, 11:00:12 pm »
I believe every one of those reported on Trump's despicable "grab her by the p****" sound bite. As well as numerous other idiocies...Raphel Cruz. They reported.

CNN is crowing about NOT reporting.

Zero cred.

ZERO cred indeed.

Along with Wash Post and NYT-- Maggie Haberman.  If we dont destroy the cred of these outlets, the best we will EVER get is RHINOs and Donks
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?