Author Topic: Police arrests are plummeting across California, fueling alarm and questions  (Read 302 times)

rangerrebew

Police arrests are plummeting across California, fueling alarm and questions

James Queally, Kate Mather and Cindy ChangContact Reporters

In 2013, something changed on the streets of Los Angeles.

Police officers began making fewer arrests. The following year, the Los Angeles Police Department’s arrest numbers dipped even lower and continued to fall, dropping by 25% from 2013 to 2015.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and the San Diego Police Department also saw significant drops in arrests during that period.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-police-slowdown-20170401-story.html
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 01:09:32 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Just what did the idiot democrats running the state think would happen when they support groups like BLM and sanctuary cities while running down the police? 10631

Offline Applewood

I hear that most liberals would like to see the local police forces disbanded and the jailhouse doors opened.  Presumably, the police, the legal system and the prisons are "racist."  It was rumored that Obama wanted to set up a national police force to replace the local authorities.

And I suppose the police are becoming afraid of arresting anyone, lest they be accused of brutality or something.   Policemen who have been on the force for years are being dismissed and losing their pensions, all because they might have looked at a suspect the wrong way.  And when the police do make arrests, some idiot judge will throw the case out on a technicality or give the suspect a slap on the wrist.  Before long, a perp is out on the street committing the same crime or worse.  And you just can't arrest an illegal and deport him or her nowadays.  That would be so unfair or "racist." 

I've had only one encounter with the police when there was a shooting up the street.  The officer was looking for witnesses, but alas, I was no help.  The officer was polite, professional and personable.  We even had a discussion about our respective cats.  Sure, there are bad apples on the force -- as there are bad apples in every other profession. But I firmly believe that if you aren't doing anything wrong and you treat an officer with courtesy and respect, you shouldn't have a problem with the police.  This whole notion that all cops are bad, all of them are racist, all of them are trigger happy -- is just plain wrong.