Author Topic: Montana Democrats Vote Against Bill Banning Sharia Law, Call It ‘Repugnant’  (Read 415 times)

rangerrebew

Montana Democrats Vote Against Bill Banning Sharia Law, Call It ‘Repugnant’

by Ben Kew31 Mar 20175403

Democrats in Montana have opposed a bill banning the use of foreign law in its state courts on the grounds that such legislation would target Muslims.

Senate Bill 97, introduced by Keith Regier (R-Kalispell) bans the application of foreign law in Montana’s courts, with the debate particularly focused on Sharia Law, a form of Islamic law typically used in the Middle East.

Although the bill passed on party lines by 56-44, Democrats claimed it was designed to target Muslim communities.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/31/montana-democrats-vote-against-bill-banning-sharia-law-call-it-repugnant/
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 12:30:01 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
There are democrats in Montana?

Who knew?  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline endicom

Senate Bill 97, introduced by Keith Regier (R-Kalispell) bans the application of foreign law in Montana’s courts, with the debate particularly focused on Sharia Law, a form of Islamic law typically used in the Middle East.

I believe there is more than twice as many days in the year as there are foreign nations so we can easily allocate one day each year to each foreign law.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 03:12:23 pm by endicom »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The constitution already bans other forms of law in America.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I would retort that the Dems give Muslim's religious preference that violates their precious separation of church and state.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Although the bill passed on party lines by 56-44, Democrats claimed it was designed to target Muslim communities."

I most certainly hope that that is exactly what it does.

And it's obvious why the democrats oppose it.

They are increasingly becoming "the party of advancing islam"...