Author Topic: Officers build beeping Easter eggs for special hunt  (Read 609 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Officers build beeping Easter eggs for special hunt
« on: April 01, 2017, 07:41:15 am »
Your "decent people doing nice things" thread for the day.

It was hard to ignore the constant beeping.

“We’re kind of used to beeps like that,” said Tampa Police officer Bobby Clifford. “I don’t even hear it anymore.”

For the better part of an hour, Clifford and over a dozen other officers from five different law enforcement agencies in Florida sat in a square room listening to constant, droning beeps.

“Yeah, it’s getting a little annoying after a while,” said Miles Nicholson.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

“Oh my goodness,” said Mark Mazaria. “It works”

Beep. Beep. Beep.

“It definitely will be a memorable day,” added Lady Lake Police Captain Jason Brough. 

The officers put up with the sound because they all know the payoff will be worth it. Building beeping Easter eggs could change a young kid’s life.

“Our community is really small and when there’s a call for help, we all come and help people,” said Marc Desourdy, the soon-to-be Hillsborough County Sheriff Bomb Squad Commander. “It’s a lot of beeping.”

Nicholson, who joined the Tampa Police department five years and began working on the bomb squad a few months ago, is pleased with his work.

“It’s a lot safer,” he joked, comparing beeping eggs to his day job. “Being able to help everyone out no matter who they are.”

The eggs will be “hidden” in an open field at Hickory Point Park in Tavares, Fla. It’s a chance for visually impaired children to participate in an Easter eggs hunt. The kids will find the eggs based on the sound of the beeps.

More plus a rather charming video report: http://www.wtsp.com/entertainment/places/bobby-lewis-on-the-road/officers-build-beeping-easter-eggs-for-special-hunt/426493668
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Officers build beeping Easter eggs for special hunt
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 09:22:51 am »
That's nice of them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis