Author Topic: Mexican state attorney general arrested at U.S. border in San Diego on drug trafficking charges  (Read 666 times)

rangerrebew

Mexican state attorney general arrested at U.S. border in San Diego on drug trafficking charges

Edgar Veytia, 46, is the attorney general for the Mexican state of Nayarit.
Matt HamiltonMatt HamiltonContact Reporter

Federal agents in San Diego have arrested the attorney general for the Mexican state of Nayarit on charges that he conspired to smuggle heroin, cocaine and methamphetamine into the U.S.

Edgar Veytia, 46, was detained Monday at the U.S. border in San Diego on an indictment handed down by a grand jury in New York, Ralph DeSio, a spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection, said Wednesday.

The indictment was filed March 2 in the Eastern District of New York — the same jurisdiction where federal prosecutors have charged Sinaloa cartel commander Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán — and a U.S. magistrate judge in Brooklyn unsealed the charging papers on Tuesday.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-arrest-border-drug-trafficking-20170329-story.html
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 10:34:10 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
In time, it will become necessary to invade Mexico, overthrow the existing government, go after the drug lords as if they were isis, and install a new government there...

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
In time, it will become necessary to invade Mexico, overthrow the existing government, go after the drug lords as if they were isis, and install a new government there...

A mexican coworker told me if Trump kept up with his imigration reform--the wall--mexico would stop fighting the war on drugs and just let all the drugs flow free into the U.S.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
A mexican coworker told me if Trump kept up with his imigration reform--the wall--mexico would stop fighting the war on drugs and just let all the drugs flow free into the U.S.

Which would mean the govt would openly support it instead of pretending not too.

Mexico has more to lose.  The U.S. needs to stop being weak.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.