Author Topic: It’s time for conservatives, Trumpublicans to have a trial separation (JDRucker)  (Read 533 times)

Offline corbe

It’s time for conservatives, Trumpublicans to have a trial separation   

13 hours ago by JD Rucker   

In the worlds of love, war, and politics, there are times when bickering turns into full-blown fights. When things escalate, it’s often better to take a break and see if things can cool down before moving forward with peace or war, reconciliation or divorce. Conservatives and Trumpublicans have reached that point. If they don’t take a step back from each other, it’s just going to get uglier.

The President doesn’t seem to be backing down after attacking the House Freedom Caucus for protecting Americans from Obamacarelite. It’s, as I called I called it the other day, his anticipated leftward lurch.

Conservative media is beside itself. Some old Trumpublicans like Rush Limbaugh have buckled up for the long ride on the Trump train. The Prince of Trumpvania, Sean Hannity, is lightly starting to urge the President to reconsider his current attack strategy. Even Matt Drudge, one of the original Trumppuppets, took a passive-aggressive approach to his dissent by complimenting one of the President’s harshest policy critics in the Senate, Rand Paul.

Others are calling it like it is. Many over at Conservative Review are scratching their heads. Chris Pandolfo was quite blunt in asking, “Dear President Trump: What the hell is wrong with you?”

For full disclosure, my involvement with the Federalist Party makes it challenging for me to be unbiased about all of this. I’ve wanted small-government-minded, freedom-loving members of the Republican Party to see through their leaders’ faux conservatism for several months now. I’m conflicted because the opportunist in me wants to take advantage of the situation and drive a wedge between conservatives and Trumpublicans while the American patriot in me understands the disaster that would be wrought if the Democrats took over the House and Senate in 2018. If the President is pushing for bipartisan moderation while his party is in control in Congress, how far to the left will he go if he’s faced with deadlock?

My proposal: take a step back. The President needs to stop attacking conservatives and conservatives need to reevaluate what their party is really up to on health care, tax reform, and other contentious issues. Less than three months into their term, to be so divided is making the party look foolish. It’s time to find a new path. The Freedom Caucus, along with some Senators such as Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Mike Lee, and Ben Sasse, should consider consolidating their efforts under a new flag. That’s not to say they shouldn’t remain Republicans, but perhaps now is the time to branch out and look at allying with the Federalist Party. An overview of the party should reveal that we’re properly aligned with what America needs right now.

Even if they don’t publicly break up, there needs to be a cool down period. The President is obviously setting up for another run at replacing Obamacare despite claims otherwise. Attempting to woo the Democrats might make sense on some issues, but none of them would be crazy enough to support any variation of repeal. Therefore, the President needs conservatives. He and Paul Ryan can’t get it done without them.

Tax reform isn’t going to be easier. The President’s economic agenda is based on a sound foundation from what little we’ve seen of it. However, if it doesn’t do enough to release the burden on lower- and middle-class families as well as small- and medium-sized businesses, it’s going to be even tougher than the AHCA to get passed. Fiscal conservatives, which includes more Republicans in the House than the Freedom Caucus, promised to relieve taxes dramatically. The President’s agenda requires a larger budget than the one we have today if he’s going build the wall, enhance the military, fix infrastructure, and still maintain his beloved
entitlements. The math needs to add up and as of now the tax reforms we need don’t reconcile with the increased spending Trump requires.

<..snip..>

http://thenewamericana.com/2017/03/31/time-conservatives-populists-trial-separation/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
ReTrumplicans.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
It’s time for conservatives, Trumpublicans to have a trial separation   

I think that was made permanent during the election.  It was the Populists and those who desperately wanted a 'win' and 'payback' who abandoned any pretense of Conservatism to become the Trump militant.

We have irreconcilable differences.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm already legally separated.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
When we were told at the convention that if we didn't accept gay marriage, there's the door it seemed like a clear sign.

Offline goatprairie

When asked about applying conservative principles to his policies after getting elected, Trump responded by saying that first he'd have to fix the country.  In other words, screw conservative principles, I'm going to bulldoze everything...including conservatism if I have to.
There's that "conservative" Trump for you.  Now working with Democrats to "fix" the healthcare problem. What could go wrong?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I left about ten seconds after they ignored their own rules at the convention and installed Trump as the nominee of the party.

Won't go back!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I left about ten seconds after they ignored their own rules at the convention and installed Trump as the nominee of the party.

Won't go back!

And the people cheering it on were too stupid to pay any attention to what was going on. While they chanted like morons about nobody stealing the election from Trump (He was going to get the nomination anyway but they couldn't tolerate anyone being allowed to vote against Kim Jong Trump) they happily ceded full authority to the establishment permanently.

Now the nominations or convention committee can change rules at any time and don't need to run it past campaigns or delegates anymore. If the establishment doesn't like the way a primary is going they can simply tilt the table in a more favorable direction.