Author Topic: The failing @nytimes has disgraced the media world. Gotten me wrong for two solid years. Change libel laws?  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
A dictatorship in the making?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Suppressed

The pathetic thing about this is that little Donnie is hiding behind those same libel laws when he defame people on Twitter without providing proof!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline DB

Trump has likely used lawyers as a weapon for some time. To expect to him to not continue to do so is foolish.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The pathetic thing about this is that little Donnie is hiding behind those same libel laws when he defame people on Twitter without providing proof!
All the while claiming sovereign immunity from any lawsuits against him.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
<image>
First off, Carlin was a left-wing atheist. Second, where did we "sit by" as Obama did those things, and what makes anyone think that just because Obama did it, nobody else can?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline kevindavis007

Bad idea... If it does pass bad news regardless. Imagine if the Dems wanted to change the Libel Laws.. What would the reaction be here..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Funny thing is that Trump supporters have been screeching about left wing California politicians wanting to impose similar laws on campaign speech.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Well, if he's talking about making it easier to sue for libel, laws generally aren't going to help him because the legal limits are set by the Supreme Court.  So this is a completely toothless threat, about which some people will undoubtedly freak anyway just so they have something else to complain about.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 01:09:32 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline kevindavis007

Funny thing is that Trump supporters have been screeching about left wing California politicians wanting to impose similar laws on campaign speech.

I don't give a damn who does it.. It is wrong regardless.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Cripplecreek

I don't give a damn who does it.. It is wrong regardless.

Agreed.

Discernment is the only filter I need.

Offline DCPatriot

First off, Carlin was a left-wing atheist. Second, where did we "sit by" as Obama did those things, and what makes anyone think that just because Obama did it, nobody else can?

First of all....using George Carlin in the meme doesn't diminish the intended message.

Secondly.....for EIGHT friggin years, the GOP did "sit by" as they NOT ONCE....acted like a major political party in opposition to Obama's Administration.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

Well, if he's talking about making it easier to sue for libel, laws generally aren't going to help him because the legal limits are set by the Supreme Court.  So this is a completely toothless threat, about which some people will undoubtedly freak anyway just so they have something else to complain about.
It's not even a threat. The tweet only asks whether libel laws should be changed.

Still, I do wish he'd stop tweeting.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Trump is the one who's complaining here. Idiot boy can't handle any criticism whatsoever.

Offline DiogenesLamp

First of all....using George Carlin in the meme doesn't diminish the intended message.

Secondly.....for EIGHT friggin years, the GOP did "sit by" as they NOT ONCE....acted like a major political party in opposition to Obama's Administration.

The truth is that Obama was/is a nobody.   The only reason he was ever considered a somebody was because of the propaganda produced by the New York and Los Angeles liberal controlled media system.   

The power behind the Democrats is the power to control the information streams to the American People.     

We should have been assaulting that fortress decades ago.   

Without that propaganda system running interference for them,  the Democrats are not a political force.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
@Chosen Daughter

So let me get this straight you pinged me  because you wanted to make a point that Obama's Presidency was corrupt?  So, ........what?????  Its OK for Trump too??
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cripplecreek

So let me get this straight you pinged me  because you wanted to make a point that Obama's Presidency was corrupt?  So, ........what?????  Its OK for Trump too??

That does seem to be the standard now.

Degenerates gotta degenerate

Offline kevindavis007

That does seem to be the standard now.

Degenerates gotta degenerate

or if you question the news source you read the NY Times..

Offline Applewood

Trump has talked about "strengthening" libel laws for some time.  I question whether he is really serious.

Trump thrives on controversy.  Seems he can't let a day go by without stirring up some sh**.   After all, he was a reality TV star and reality shows always have to have some manufactured conflict to keep them interesting.   He needs to run this never-ending reality TV show to keep his massive ego inflated.

I just don't know if I can take being a part of Trump's latest reality show for the next four years. 

Offline Cripplecreek

Trump has talked about "strengthening" libel laws for some time.  I question whether he is really serious.

Trump thrives on controversy.  Seems he can't let a day go by without stirring up some sh**.   After all, he was a reality TV star and reality shows always have to have some manufactured conflict to keep them interesting.   He needs to run this never-ending reality TV show to keep his massive ego inflated.

I just don't know if I can take being a part of Trump's latest reality show for the next four years.

Trashy tabloid TV is where Trump made a name for himself in the 80s. He's famous for being rich and obnoxious and not much else.

Offline DCPatriot

You guyz are so amusing when ya'll gnash!

888high58888

:whistle:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 12:57:54 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Different President...different set of rules is what some people seem to think.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

Different President...different set of rules is what some people seem to think.

Don't worry. They'll scramble for the high ground when it becomes convenient again.

The majority of Americans are democrats at heart.