Author Topic: Flynn offers to testify on Russia ties in exchange for immunity: report  (Read 1783 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Flynn offers to testify on Russia ties in exchange for immunity: report
By Brooke Seipel - 03/30/17 06:42 PM EDT

President Trump's former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn has reportedly told the FBI that he is willing to testify in the investigation of the Trump campaign's potential ties to Russia, in exchange for immunity from prosecution, according to a Wall Street Journal report.

Flynn resigned in February, after it was reported that he misled White House staff on his interactions with Russia and had discussed sanctions with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak ahead of President Trump's inauguration.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/326639-flynn-offers-to-testify-on-russia-ties-in-exchange-for-immunity

Alrighty then...what would he need immunity for?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ConservativeGranny

Hmmmm...My guess is that the campaign may have indeed been working with the Russians.

It is my personal opinion that Trump will prove Hillary to be a rank amateur. Others probably will not agree but we will see.

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline kevindavis007

:2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Hmmmm...My guess is that the campaign may have indeed been working with the Russians.

It is my personal opinion that Trump will prove Hillary to be a rank amateur. Others probably will not agree but we will see.

I see that Flynn's son seems to have turned on Trump with some angry tweets about the administration this morning.

Offline endicom

Russian flu? That did in a lot of Soviet bigwigs.

Offline DB

Well that isn't something I expected at all.

He must know they have something substantial on him now that he knows he's been spied on.

I really have no idea what to make of this. It is going to add a lot of fuel the the Democrats Russian claims in the MSM.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

It's a good idea to get immunity before telling Congress anything.  It's not paranoia if they are out to get you.

My guess is that Flynn is worried about the money he got from Russia for some speeches he made.

What is this thing with speeches?  Bill, Hillary, Obama ....

So many people will shoot off their mouths for free.  I think these huge fees for speeches are akin to a money laundering scheme.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Didn't Flynn used to work for the Obama administration?   :pondering:

« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 11:43:56 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Well that isn't something I expected at all.

He must know they have something substantial on him now that he knows he's been spied on.

I really have no idea what to make of this. It is going to add a lot of fuel the the Democrats Russian claims in the MSM.

Not necessarily.  It could backfire on the democrats.  But until people know what he's gonna say, he's probably not gonna get immunity.  A lot of people may be a little afraid ... or very afraid.

geronl

Re: Flynn offers to testify on Russia ties in exchange for immunity: report
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 11:50:00 pm »
It's a good idea to get immunity before telling Congress anything.  It's not paranoia if they are out to get you.

The GOP majority is out to get unregistered foreign agent Flynn?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2017, 11:58:22 pm »

My reply does not imply that I agree with your designation of Flynn.

I was thinking that the democrats might be out to get Flynn either because he knows stuff they don't want known or because they think he has information they might use against Trump.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 12:05:50 am »

@Emjay

Amen to THAT! One thing you can count on from congresscritters is that they are ALWAYS looking to scew someone else to try to make themselves appear to be honest. Most would pimp out their mothers if it would raise their poll numbers during an election.

My guess is that Flynn is worried about the money he got from Russia for some speeches he made.

My guess is the same. That's boilerplate political theater,there. ALL the little congresscritters will get to stand up in front of a camera and repeat one version or another of "Ah am shocked,sir! SHOCKED,AH TELLS YA,to THINK that someone in your position would stoop so low........."

Knowing the whole time that the teebee viewing public and the media will remember the accusations forever,and not one in a hundred will remember the charges being dropped 3 months later.

It's how the game is played,and in THIS case they are going after more than just a little teebee face time. They are pissed because a non-politician beat out one of their own kind to become president,and they want Trumps blood,both the DNC and their buddies in the RNC. If they have to try to send Flynn to prison to get to Trump,well,that is the price "they" are willing to pay. After all,it's not like any of them know right from wrong anymore.

What is this thing with speeches?  Bill, Hillary, Obama ..

"Free" money. EVERYBODY likes freshly laundered "free money".

So many people will shoot off their mouths for free.  I think these huge fees for speeches are akin to a money laundering scheme.

Ya think? Most people would pay money to NOT hear Bubbette! shrieking while babbling nonsense,and we are supposed to believe that whole groups of Billionaires have nothing better to do with their time than listen to "pearls of wisdom" fall from mouth? Providing of course she is even sober enough to babble.

Bubba is a little different. VERY bright,and a good speaker and story teller. I can see some people who were foolish enough to vote for him being willing to buy tickets to show up and hear his skit
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 12:07:32 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 12:09:15 am »

@geronl

There is very little actual difference between the GOP majority and the DNC majority.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2017, 12:18:52 am »

D'oh!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2017, 12:19:20 am »
Kenneth P. Vogel  Verified Account 
@kenvogel
Statement from Flynn's atty seems to acknowledge seeking immunity, explaining it's necessary in "highly politicized, witch hunt environment"
4:34 PM - 30 Mar 2017

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2017, 03:58:49 am »
Michael Flynn in September: "When you are given immunity, that means that you've probably committed a crime."

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2017, 04:08:32 am »
We need an independent fact-finding committee  (maybe Lieberthal and Kyl?).   Independent of Congress, which indeed appears poised to conduct a witchhunt.

Trump should be the first person calling for one,  if he's got nothing to hide.       
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2017, 04:28:35 am »
The Jester's tweets have been interesting lately: https://www.twitter.com/th3j35t3r

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2017, 05:08:58 am »
Didn't Flynn used to work for the Obama administration?   :pondering:

Yes.  On April 17, 2012, President Barack Obama nominated Flynn to be the 18th director of the Defense Intelligence Agency.  OnOn April 30, 2014, Flynn announced his retirement effective later that year, about a year earlier than he had been scheduled to leave his position. He was reportedly effectively forced out of the DIA after clashing with superiors over his allegedly chaotic management style and vision for the agency.

According to what Flynn had told in one final interview as DIA director, he felt like a lone voice in thinking that the United States was less safe from the threat of Islamic terrorism in 2014 than it was prior to the 9/11 attacks; he went on to believe that he was pressed into retirement for questioning the Obama administration's public narrative that Al Qaeda was close to defeat.

So....perhaps Flynn wants immunity in exchange for his testimony on Bammy??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2017, 08:47:56 am »
I find the GOP's aquissence in any foriegn nation's potential meddling in the election of a US presiident  simply astounding.

I don't share anyone's situational ethics on this forum nor anywhere elsewhere that because our guy won this all must be fake news. I once thought I could not become more cynical about the state of America and our failing political system, I was wrong. I've come to the conclusion that many on the so called "right" neither share my love of this Country and its traditions but are actively working to destroy it.

Anyone refusing to look into these allegations because of a perceived sense of damaging Trump is a fool at best and a traitor at worst.........

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2017, 09:35:17 am »
I find the GOP's aquissence in any foriegn nation's potential meddling in the election of a US presiident  simply astounding.

I don't share anyone's situational ethics on this forum nor anywhere elsewhere that because our guy won this all must be fake news. I once thought I could not become more cynical about the state of America and our failing political system, I was wrong. I've come to the conclusion that many on the so called "right" neither share my love of this Country and its traditions but are actively working to destroy it.

Anyone refusing to look into these allegations because of a perceived sense of damaging Trump is a fool at best and a traitor at worst.........

The meddling is something that many of us were complaining about as far back as the primaries.

geronl

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2017, 09:44:59 am »
Michael Flynn in September: "When you are given immunity, that means that you've probably committed a crime."

He should be more specific, immunity from what?

If he lies after getting immunity, he's scot-free? Has 30-year late library books?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2017, 01:11:35 pm »

Because an aggressive left-wing prosecutor may try to make his life miserable even if he didn't break the law.  Immunity basically means he doesn't have to worry about that, so he's smart to demand it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2017, 01:17:08 pm »

Apparently he's asking for immunity from "unjust prosecution".