Author Topic: Democrats’ snub of Trump invite reveals difficulties in bridging partisan divide  (Read 527 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Dave Boyer and S.A. Miller - The Washington Times - Wednesday, March 29, 2017

President Trump threw a White House party for the Senate, but most Democrats couldn’t be bothered to attend.

In a sign of how difficult it could be for Mr. Trump to carry out his stated desire of working across party lines on his biggest priorities, 28 of 46 Senate Democrats snubbed an invitation to the White House on Tuesday night for a spring soiree of music and fellowship. Independent Sen. Bernard Sanders of Vermont, a member of the Democrats’ leadership team, also was a no-show.

At least 44 of the Senate’s 52 Republicans attended the East Room reception, which was co-hosted by first lady Melania Trump and featured the U.S. Army Chorus and Marine Band.

more
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/29/senate-democrats-spurn-donald-trump-invitation-to-/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If they don't want to show up, well (expletive deleted) them.

Treat them that same way when it comes to passing legislation, as well.

We have the votes.

Time to use them.

Offline DB

If they don't want to show up, well (expletive deleted) them.

Treat them that same way when it comes to passing legislation, as well.

We have the votes.

Time to use them.

What you just said has a lot irony... "We have the votes", "Time to use them" yet they can't repeal the ACA...

Offline the_doc

"Democrats’ snub of Trump invite reveals difficulties in bridging partisan divide."

Who'd a-thunk it?

(Not Trump, I guess.  I'll bet he thought attacking the HFC would have gone over really well with the Dems.)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
What you just said has a lot irony... "We have the votes", "Time to use them" yet they can't repeal the ACA...

The quickest lame duck in history.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
It's fun to desire things.

We desire to work with North Korea but they want to nuke us.

We also desire to work with the EPA but they have become a rogue vigilante agency.

We also desire to work with Russia but they've been stabbing us in the back since WWII.

We also desire to work with the Democrats but they're in the middle of a revolution.

It's OK to smile for the cameras but keep your knives very sharp.  You'll need them.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 09:42:56 am by Hondo69 »