Author Topic: Trump and National Heath Care  (Read 302 times)

rangerrebew

Trump and National Heath Care
« on: March 30, 2017, 10:41:55 am »
March 29, 2017
Trump and National Heath Care
By Steve McCann

There is no doubt that the entirety of the Democratic Party wants single payer or socialized medicine.  There is now little doubt that far too many in the Republican Party, while not overtly in favor of national health care, would do little to overturn Obamacare -- which is greatly accelerating the inexorable march toward that goal.   The debacle that was the drafting and promotion of the American Health Care Act by the Republican leadership in the House confirmed the existence of that mindset among many Republicans.  Among them is President Donald Trump.

The failure to repeal and replace Obamacare with a free market alternative was partly due to the indifference of the President as to the actual language of the Bill and his sole desire to say that Obamacare had been replaced irrespective of the reality.   That he is now blaming everyone else for its failure as well as stating his desire to work with the Democrats to craft a new bill is a window into his true state of mind on the subject of health care.   

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/03/trump_and_national_heath_care.html#ixzz4cnwuajiS
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline LMAO

Re: Trump and National Heath Care
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 11:03:27 am »
Trump has always had a soft spot for Single payer healthcare. His supporters will hop up and down and insist that's not true but there is many occasions were his own words show that to be the case.

The simple fact is we cannot afford to provide healthcare for all. Back when Obamacare was debated, the Canadian Government admitted their healthcare system was unsustainable. We have a higher population to cover than Canada
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy