Author Topic: How North Korea could kill 90 percent of Americans by R. James Woolsey and Vincent Pry, The Hill.  (Read 294 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I saw this over at TOS; it's disturbing reading but nonetheless, I thought I'd post it.
How North Korea could kill 90 percent of Americans
By R. James Woolsey and Vincent Pry, opinion contributors - 03/29/17 07:00 AM EDT

The mainstream media, and some officials who should know better, continue to allege North Korea does not yet have capability to deliver on its repeated threats to strike the U.S. with nuclear weapons. False reassurance is given to the American people that North Korea has not “demonstrated” that it can miniaturize a nuclear warhead small enough for missile delivery, or build a reentry vehicle for an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) capable of penetrating the atmosphere to blast a U.S. city.

Yet any nation that has built nuclear weapons and long-range missiles, as North Korea has done, can easily overcome the relatively much simpler technological challenge of warhead miniaturization and reentry vehicle design.

Indeed, North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un has been photographed posing with what appears to be a genuine miniaturized nuclear warhead for ballistic missiles. And North Korea does, in fact, have two classes of ICBMs—the road mobile KN-08 and KN-14—which both appear to be equipped with sophisticated reentry vehicles. 

Even if it were true that North Korea does not yet have nuclear missiles, their “Dear Leader” could deliver an atomic bomb hidden on a freighter sailing under a false flag into a U.S. port, ...

Continued: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/defense/326094-how-north-korea-could-kill-up-to-90-percent-of-americans-at-any
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 02:44:26 am by TomSea »