Author Topic: Speaker Ryan rules out working with Democrats on health care  (Read 260 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Speaker Ryan rules out working with Democrats on health care
« on: March 30, 2017, 01:34:02 pm »
Speaker Ryan rules out working with Democrats on health care

Trump has hinted at bipartisanship after failure of GOP repeal bid

By Tom Howell Jr. - The Washington Times - Thursday, March 30, 2017

President Trump may be hinting at a health care deal with Democrats, but House Speaker Paul D. Ryan said Thursday he isn’t interested in that, saying it would be better to rally the GOP troops around a conservative plan that scraps Obamacare.

“I don’t want that to happen,” Mr. Ryan told CBS’ “This Morning.” “You know why? I want a patient-centered system. I don’t want government running health care. The government shouldn’t tell you what you must do with your life, with your healthcare. We should give people choices.”

The House GOP’s first attempt at health reform ended in embarrassing defeat last week.

more
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/30/paul-ryan-rules-out-working-democrats-health-care/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Polly Ticks

Re: Speaker Ryan rules out working with Democrats on health care
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 03:26:21 pm »
Here's hoping.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra