Author Topic: Rep. Mo Brooks files bill to repeal Obamacare  (Read 1688 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Rep. Mo Brooks files bill to repeal Obamacare
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2017, 09:34:58 pm »
Repeal every last word, period, and comma effective 1/1/18 and work your magic in the interim!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2017, 09:40:25 pm »
Given the choice between "team player" or principled Conservative, I'll take the Conservative every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

I agree.  You shouldn't vote for something just because it was put forward by "your side".  You should vote for it because you think it is worthwhile legislation.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2017, 09:47:31 pm »
I agree.  You shouldn't vote for something just because it was put forward by "your side".  You should vote for it because you think it is worthwhile legislation.

The AHCA WAS worthwhile legislation,  that advanced a number of conservative priorities.   But political realities required GOP unity that was not achieved.   Hence,  ObamaCare lives.

The principle ought to be simple - don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2017, 09:51:22 pm »
Given the choice between "team player" or principled Conservative, I'll take the Conservative every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

I didn't vote for the implementation of a kinder gentler libralism.

But without unity all you get is the same old liberalism.   In the present context, "principled conservatism" and six bits'll get you a cuppa joe.  And if you don't have six bits, all you'll get is ObamaCare.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2017, 09:53:51 pm »
The AHCA WAS worthwhile legislation,  that advanced a number of conservative priorities.   But political realities required GOP unity that was not achieved.   Hence,  ObamaCare lives.

The principle ought to be simple - don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

I agree with that.  But that's difference from saying that you should vote for something just to be a "team player".

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2017, 11:25:37 pm »

Again there is a huge difference these days between being a conservative and being a Republican.  The Republican party consits of many who are Republican In Name Only! IF the AHCA was indeed worthwhile legislation it would have passed.  #1 It did not R-E-P-E-A-L.  #2 It still covered illegals at the expense of legal citizens. #3 It was a stepping stone towards socialized medicine/single payer healthcare. Obviously we are world's apart on what you consider conservative priorities. Any way you cut it, the GOPe owns their FAILED healthcare legislation and rightfully so!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.