Author Topic: ICE Raids Innocent LEGAL Family and Shoots Their Dad  (Read 837 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
ICE Raids Innocent LEGAL Family and Shoots Their Dad
« on: March 28, 2017, 08:22:14 pm »
Belmont Cragin, IL — Answers must be demanded over the inexplicable shooting of a wholly innocent man in the Chicago area home he’s owned for decades, as ICE agents — ostensively searching for the man’s adult son — opened fire on the homeowner despite children just months old sleeping nearby.

And no one knows why U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement raided the house in the first place — they’re citizens.....

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/ice-raids-wrong-home-americans/#ekC6oG3D0qjsoZhc.99

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: ICE Raids Innocent LEGAL Family and Shoots Their Dad
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 08:22:52 pm »

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 08:28:55 pm »
Take on the situation from local ABC affiliate.
http://abc7chicago.com/news/man-shot-by-ice-agent-in-belmont-cragin/1820175/

A spokesman for ICE said that ICE Homeland Security Investigations agents were attempting to arrest a person when a second person pointed a weapon toward the agents and as a result, an agent fired his gun and wounded the man.

Threaten with a weapon any police force and you should be lucky to only be shot and not be killed.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 08:31:01 pm »
Whether or not Torres brandished a gun — or if the father even owned a firearm — will now ostensibly be examined in investigations already launched by ICE’s Office of Professional Responsibility, as well as the Chicago Police Department.

Sorry ICE. He could have been rolling around a bed full of guns naked and at the end of the day you stormed the wrong house and shot a guy that did nothing. Hopefully the offending agents will be thrown in prison where they will be raped numerous times daily.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 08:31:49 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 08:50:53 pm »
Threaten with a weapon any police force and you should be lucky to only be sh4ot and not be killed.

If Google maps/street view clearly shows the cars in my driveway and the cats in the wondow, there is very little excuse for the police getting the wrong address.  Much less shooting some one defending his home in a no knock warrant.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 08:51:42 pm by Just_Victor »
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline thackney

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 09:11:49 pm »
If Google maps/street view clearly shows the cars in my driveway and the cats in the wondow, there is very little excuse for the police getting the wrong address.  Much less shooting some one defending his home in a no knock warrant.

I don't think this was the wrong address.  They said they were after a brother and there were multiple extended family members at the house.

They may be wrong about his immigration/citizen status.  Or the daughter may be lying to the reporters....

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 09:18:38 pm »
I don't think this was the wrong address.  They said they were after a brother and there were multiple extended family members at the house.

They may be wrong about his immigration/citizen status.  Or the daughter may be lying to the reporters....

If I hear my front door being broken down, I'm taking a defensive position with firearms drawn.  Police had better be ready to demonstrate their right to enter my home.

Maybe (suprise, suprise) there is more to the story than the media wants to present.

Offline thackney

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 09:30:33 pm »
1) If I hear my front door being broken down, I'm taking a defensive position with firearms drawn. 

2)
Police had better be ready to demonstrate their right to enter my home.

I agree with number one.

While eventually I expect #2, I don't expect that to happen when I have recognized them as police and still have my gun pointed at them.

In my opinion, that is what the lawyers are for.  Armed confrontation with a police force already in your home almost never is going to end well for you.

Assuming they are wrong, you want to be still alive for the court settlement.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 09:41:20 pm »
I agree with number one.

While eventually I expect #2, I don't expect that to happen when I have recognized them as police and still have my gun pointed at them.

In my opinion, that is what the lawyers are for.  Armed confrontation with a police force already in your home almost never is going to end well for you.

Assuming they are wrong, you want to be still alive for the court settlement.

Of course of I wrongfully die at the hands of the police, Mrs_Victor  and Offspring_Victor will spend their days in great comfort.

But your point about surviving is well taken.

Offline thackney

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 11:55:34 am »
Of course of I wrongfully die at the hands of the police, Mrs_Victor  and Offspring_Victor will spend their days in great comfort.

But your point about surviving is well taken.

I think they would benefit not only from you still being around, but in being alive at the court proceedings to accurately tell your side of the story.

Remember that the person that decided the force should enter your home is not likely the one you are point a gun at.