Author Topic: Golfer-in-chief: $17k bill for Secret Service golf cart rentals  (Read 2147 times)

Offline montanajoe

Re: Golfer-in-chief: $17k bill for Secret Service golf cart rentals
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2017, 01:01:14 am »
If this was Obama this would this would be a topic on talk radio for days on end, Fox would be covering it hourly, there would be a ton of posts here and on other forums condemning him for the waste of tax payer dollars.

Since its Trump.....its fake news... :whistle:

This illustrates why I never listen to talk radio, watch Fox, or make more than a passing comment  on the political threads here. The country has systemic problems that can only be solved by serious individuals committed to returning this country to traditional Conservative values. Frankly, I have very little confidence that most of the current crop of individuals calling themselves conservative are up to the task.....as they are proving themselves to be partisans rather than Conservatives...

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2017, 01:36:27 am »
I don't care if it is outsourced.  If Donald wants to go golfing at his golf courses every week he should buy a couple golf carts for secret service and himself.  If my neighbor can buy one Donald can. 

Its disgusting to me that he has to go here and there every weekend.  Costing more than the 17 thou for the carts.  They are only a tiny portion of the money he spends every weekend.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2017, 04:31:07 am »
How come no one ever brought up how much Obama's constant golfing cost the taxpayers?

How much did HIS holes cost the taxpayer in golf cart rentals, spa baths, condoms and lubricant?

Ouch!  Seriously, we did make fun of Obama's golf playing and he made it easy with the sissy pictures but how does Obama's golf expense compare with Trump's?  Anybody know?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2017, 04:33:06 am »
I don't care if it is outsourced.  If Donald wants to go golfing at his golf courses every week he should buy a couple golf carts for secret service and himself.  If my neighbor can buy one Donald can. 

Its disgusting to me that he has to go here and there every weekend.  Costing more than the 17 thou for the carts.  They are only a tiny portion of the money he spends every weekend.

I'm amazed that Trump spends so much time at the White House.  I never thought he would move in.  He's got some funny little fetishes.  It's really hard for him to sleep in a bed that's not in Trump Tower or Mar-a-Lago.

Maybe we should praise him for the 5 nights at the White House.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2017, 04:34:44 am »
I'm amazed that Trump spends so much time at the White House.  I never thought he would move in.  He's got some funny little fetishes.  It's really hard for him to sleep in a bed that's not in Trump Tower or Mar-a-Lago.

Maybe we should praise him for the 5 nights at the White House.

You go ahead.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2017, 04:53:33 am »

Seriously, it's an interesting topic.  I'm guessing there's no law about how much a president can spend on personal trips that cost the taxpayers a lot of money because of security issues, etc.

I was thinking about what presidents were high maintenance and what were low.  On the way back machine, I would guess that Harry Truman was very low maintenance.  Franklin spent much of his time at that place I can't think of.  George HW went to Kennebunkport but it was probably an easy place to defend.

Clinton really had nowhere to go... I mean, who would want to vacation in Arkansas but I'd have to look it up.  I don't remember him making a lot of trips.

Obama ... who knows.  He golfed a lot and went to basketball games.  He had those pretty, pretty boys that he called friends but they probably didn't cost much.  He and Michelle were notorious for taking separate planes to Hawaii on occasion.

It would be an interesting research topic.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2017, 04:54:45 am »
@geronl

Sorry Frank Cannon called you, "Hey, stupid."

But you don't have a problem that his post was a lie. I see where you stand. Bash Donny even if it is an outright lie. Solid ground you're standing on there "Principled Conservative".

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2017, 05:10:16 am »
You go ahead.

Maybe I will.  Before Trump was nominated I said he would never move into the White House.  He had a fetish about sleeping in his own bed and because he had his own plane, it was no problem for him to return nightly from wherever he was speaking.

But he did move into the White House and I think he usually spends 5 nights there.  I could be wrong about that. 

But, look, we elected a guy with a lot of personal issues and that's what we have.  I don't know that constant dwelling on them is doing anybody much good unless it is personally satisfying to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2017, 07:05:17 am »
Hey stupid. More evidence you don't read the articles. Golf Car and Utility Vehicle Distributors LCC were the people who got the money. Obviously the SS is renting equipment from outside vendors for whatever reason.
http://government-contractors.insidegov.com/l/562947/Golf-Car-And-Utility-Vehicle-Distributors-LLC-in-Miami-FL It isn't the first time the government has used this vehicle provider, they go back a while to 2014. Company overview:
http://listings.findthecompany.com/l/20238047/Golf-Car-And-Utility-Vehicle-Distributors-Llc-in-Miami-FL

Whether they pay the Resort a cut of the profits or a flat rate to set up shop at Mar-a-Lago or rent carts from offsite to patrons, I don't know. I would presume as a vendor, if onsite, they pay some sort of rent or have a contract with the resort to provide services like most any concession outfit.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 07:06:06 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2017, 05:36:32 pm »
Yet he'll get a pass from the very same people who bashed Slow Joe Biden for charging the SS protective detail rent to live in the guest cottage at his residence in DE when he would go there.

I didn't know or had forgotten about Biden's charging the SS for his guest cottage. 

I think Trump will have to up his game to be more corrupt than that.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2017, 05:39:06 pm »

On the plus side, Trump just saved the coal industry.  Maybe worth more than the bucks spend on golf weekends.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2017, 07:17:22 pm »
True enough, but if you buy them, you have to maintain them, including having some place to store them, someone to make sure the tires are up and the batteries charged, etc.
When you need something now, sometimes it is cheaper to rent it than own it. It depends on how often you use it. But tag the taxpayer for the tab for that, and there will be howling, too.
Note that this company has been renting golf carts to the Government since 2014, and you will see the practice isn't new.
Most of us don't go flitting around the country. However, billionaires and millionaires are somewhat notorious for living differently than most of us. Some here will look at 17K as enough money to pay the bills for a few months, for a billionaire, it is pocket change. When was the last time we elected someone who 'got by' on less than a six figure salary (inflation corrected to 2017 dollars)?
While not being a fan of Trump, at least he isn't living significantly differently than he would have had he not been elected, unlike the previous golfer in the White House.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2017, 07:24:11 pm »
I didn't know or had forgotten about Biden's charging the SS for his guest cottage. 

Presidents have charged the Secret Service rent for a long time.  nothing new
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2017, 07:27:26 pm »
Crazy as it sounds, it would probably be a violation of appropriations law for the Secret Service to use the carts without paying. Donated items like this augment the appropriation that funds the Secret Service.

The bigger issue for me is Trump's rank hypocrisy given the grief he gave other presidents about their R&R. 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 07:29:44 pm by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Princessa

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2017, 08:15:28 pm »
Crazy as it sounds, it would probably be a violation of appropriations law for the Secret Service to use the carts without paying. Donated items like this augment the appropriation that funds the Secret Service.

The bigger issue for me is Trump's rank hypocrisy given the grief he gave other presidents about their R&R.

This.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2017, 08:20:39 pm »

Why is that an issue?  And what other presidents did he abuse that I didn't abuse?

Unless he abused George W. Bush .... which, of course he did... but I mean about R&R.

Offline corbe

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2017, 09:22:18 pm »
When Asked If Trump Was Concerned With Spending Taxpayer Money at Mar-a-Lago, Spicer Gave an Odd Response

Posted at 3:56 pm on March 29, 2017 by Martin Walsh

White House press secretary Sean Spicer was asked during Wednesday’s briefing whether or not President Trump was concerned about the rising costs associated with his regular trips to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida.

Fox 5 DC’s Ronica Cleary asked if Trump has “any concerns about the push-back” about those costs and criticisms associated with golfing so much.

“No, he feels great,” Spicer said.

Spicer added that the criticism did not play into the president’s decision to remain in Washington, D.C. last weekend and indicated that Trump plans to remain in town this upcoming weekend.

Since his Inauguration nine weeks ago, Trump has spent five weekends at Mar-a-Lago. Many have chided the president for traveling to play golf so much when he was very critical of Obama for doing the exact same thing during his eight years as president.

Trump and his team were also very vocal during the election when they raised the issue of not having time to golf because there was too much work to get done.

In light of Trump making weekends on the golf course a habit, Democratic lawmakers successfully queried the Government Accountability Office to study the costs, as well as the security and handling of classified information associated with Trump’s stays in Palm Beach.

<..snip..>

http://www.redstate.com/mwalsh8/2017/03/29/when-asked-if-trump-was-concerned-with-spending-taxpayer-money-at-mar-a-lago-spicer-gave-an-odd-response/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2017, 09:40:44 pm »
When Asked If Trump Was Concerned With Spending Taxpayer Money at Mar-a-Lago, Spicer Gave an Odd Response

Posted at 3:56 pm on March 29, 2017 by Martin Walsh

White House press secretary Sean Spicer was asked during Wednesday’s briefing whether or not President Trump was concerned about the rising costs associated with his regular trips to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida.

Fox 5 DC’s Ronica Cleary asked if Trump has “any concerns about the push-back” about those costs and criticisms associated with golfing so much.

“No, he feels great,” Spicer said.

Spicer added that the criticism did not play into the president’s decision to remain in Washington, D.C. last weekend and indicated that Trump plans to remain in town this upcoming weekend.

Since his Inauguration nine weeks ago, Trump has spent five weekends at Mar-a-Lago. Many have chided the president for traveling to play golf so much when he was very critical of Obama for doing the exact same thing during his eight years as president.

Trump and his team were also very vocal during the election when they raised the issue of not having time to golf because there was too much work to get done.

In light of Trump making weekends on the golf course a habit, Democratic lawmakers successfully queried the Government Accountability Office to study the costs, as well as the security and handling of classified information associated with Trump’s stays in Palm Beach.

<..snip..>

http://www.redstate.com/mwalsh8/2017/03/29/when-asked-if-trump-was-concerned-with-spending-taxpayer-money-at-mar-a-lago-spicer-gave-an-odd-response/

Soooo... Spicer was supposed to say, Trump feels horrible about this and plans to resign soon?

Offline corbe

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2017, 10:02:31 pm »
Soooo... Spicer was supposed to say, Trump feels horrible about this and plans to resign soon?

be still my beating heart    @Emjay
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2017, 11:37:09 am »

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jul/31/biden-charging-secret-service-cottage-rental/

Well he is a good friend of Bill and Hillary... :whistle:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!