Author Topic: Schumer goes off on Trump supporter at NYC restaurant, witness says  (Read 584 times)

Offline mrclose

I could never have served in congress because on my first day ... I'd probably be in jail! ****slapping

Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., caused a scene at a Manhattan restaurant when he began yelling at a wealthy and well-connected Donald Trump supporter that the POTUS is “a liar.”

Schumer, the top Senate Democrat, lost his cool on Sunday night at Upper East Side restaurant Sette Mezzo, according to witnesses.

He was dining with friends when he encountered Joseph A. Califano Jr. — the former U.S. secretary of health, education and welfare under President Jimmy Carter and domestic policy adviser to President Lyndon B. Johnson — and his wife, Hilary, who were having a quiet dinner.

Onlookers said Schumer was incensed that Hilary — the daughter of William S. Paley, the founder and chairman of CBS — had voted for Trump, even though her husband, Joseph, is a well-known Democrat.

One witness said of the restaurant rant, “They are a highly respected couple, and Schumer made a scene, yelling, ‘She voted for Trump!’ The Califanos left the restaurant, but Schumer followed them outside.” On the sidewalk, Schumer carried on with his fantastical filibuster: “ ‘How could you vote for Trump? He’s a liar!’ He kept repeating, ‘He’s a liar!’ ”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/27/schumer-goes-off-on-trump-supporter-at-nyc-restaurant-witness-says.html
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline DB

Re: Schumer goes off on Trump supporter at NYC restaurant, witness says
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 06:59:40 am »
Like Schumer didn't vote for Clinton the liar...

Where would one even begin to try to gauge which, Hillary or Trump, is the biggest liar...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 07:56:46 am by DB »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 07:05:27 am »
Guy should have been decked. No Senate privilege in a restaurant. Bunch of wimps there, I guess.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 07:34:16 am »
Guy should have been decked. No Senate privilege in a restaurant. Bunch of wimps there, I guess.
I agree, but the optics would have been pretty bad for the guy who hit him because the media would have tilted only one way, and they would have used it against Trump in particular and Republicans in general. Unfortunately, the man did the right thing.

As for Chucky, if Schumer caught on fire on the sidewalk, I would cross the street to piss on him. I'd just wait until the fire burned out.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 10:06:08 am »
I agree, but the optics would have been pretty bad for the guy who hit him because the media would have tilted only one way, and they would have used it against Trump in particular and Republicans in general. Unfortunately, the man did the right thing.

As for Chucky, if Schumer caught on fire on the sidewalk, I would cross the street to piss on him. I'd just wait until the fire burned out.

Agreed.

Tho . . . I confess to wondering how this intel could be used . . . e.g. to wind him up . . .

until he had a literal decompensating melt-down in public that he never recovered from.

Then perhaps the strategy could be advanced to trigger Shrillery similarly . . . and PuhLousey . . . And that black super idiot mouth Rep from CA?  . . . and even Feingold--though she plays too sane and might be difficult to trigger that much.

Perhaps someone could do a parody . . . a take-off of the 3 Stooges . . . Shumer-Schmucker, Shrillery, PuhLousey . . . . saying utterly insane, lying, treasonous things only pushed slightly further in the insane direction.

Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 11:54:46 am »
Agreed.

Tho . . . I confess to wondering how this intel could be used . . . e.g. to wind him up . . .

until he had a literal decompensating melt-down in public that he never recovered from.

Then perhaps the strategy could be advanced to trigger Shrillery similarly . . . and PuhLousey . . . And that black super idiot mouth Rep from CA?  . . . and even Feingold--though she plays too sane and might be difficult to trigger that much.

Perhaps someone could do a parody . . . a take-off of the 3 Stooges . . . Shumer-Schmucker, Shrillery, PuhLousey . . . . saying utterly insane, lying, treasonous things only pushed slightly further in the insane direction.
I first saw the evil in Schumer during the Congressional Hearings when he was brandishing allegedly recovered firearms from the ashes of the Branch Davidian complex near Waco, which had been reconstructed by the ATF to fire full auto. That man glories in his lies.
Think about that for a second. Glories in them.
He will be a tough nut to crack when it comes to getting him flustered.
The next occasion I saw him nearly as joyful was when he made the announcement of fiscal ruin and precipitated the panic and market collapse that cost millions of Americans half the value of their retirement savings and led to bank bailouts. Who would smile at such an announcement? Chuck Schumer, that's who. Evil personified, IMHO, and he enjoys it so much he doesn't care who knows it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 11:56:12 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis