Author Topic: The Conservatives Made a Mistake  (Read 2461 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: The Conservatives Made a Mistake
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2017, 06:47:00 pm »
So, 15 Freedom Caucus members planned to vote "no"; 18 regular republicans  planned to vote no.
exactly what is a 'regular' Republican?

RINO?  Semi-lib?  Prostitute?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 07:36:30 pm »
Oh yes.  We were told that Trump 'will fight' and 'he's the Patton we need'; 'Only Trump can save us'; 'Only Trump is going to war on Conservatives and coddle up with and push the Democrat Agenda in total - because THAT will be a sure - 'win', and there is nothing more important to Trump than 'winning'.
@INVAR

I think that is what he will do.  He requires love and winning and if he goes to the Dems, giving them what they want, they will give him (fake) love and winning.  It won't matter if they don't mean it, Trump requires public adoring and they will give him that and get what they want.  I remember when Trump wanted one payer, touted the Canadian system and the British system - he was all for them.  He is for anything he thinks makes him a winner.  He would decorate hell with gold if it made him look like a winner - the most beautiful hell there ever was, the most bigly, best hell.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2017, 07:38:38 pm »

LOL.   What do YOU think?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2017, 08:04:05 pm »
I think that is what he will do.  He requires love and winning and if he goes to the Dems, giving them what they want, they will give him (fake) love and winning.  It won't matter if they don't mean it, Trump requires public adoring and they will give him that and get what they want.  I remember when Trump wanted one payer, touted the Canadian system and the British system - he was all for them.  He is for anything he thinks makes him a winner.  He would decorate hell with gold if it made him look like a winner - the most beautiful hell there ever was, the most bigly, best hell.

Trump will be seen by posterity as simply Obama with bad hair and a nasty disposition.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2017, 08:05:45 pm »
LOL.   What do YOU think?
i think it may mean even more.  My congressman Louie Gohmert was also against it, and he could not be confused with any of these, and is most definitely not a 'regular' Republican.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2017, 08:17:13 pm »
i think it may mean even more.  My congressman Louie Gohmert was also against it, and he could not be confused with any of these, and is most definitely not a 'regular' Republican.

I love Louie Gohmert, and, no, I wouldn't call him a "regular" republican.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2017, 08:23:46 pm »
I love Louie Gohmert, and, no, I wouldn't call him a "regular" republican.

Gohmert is awesome. He was the very first endorsement for Ted Cruz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi8GCUQESko

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2017, 10:47:25 pm »
Donald Trump....the last bastion of incompetence and ignorance in passing one of his signature bills. It's more than obvious now after hearing him try to talk about the bill he didn't even know or care what was in this turd and why people didn't like it.
But....but...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwqPBlSxb-0

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
(The more things change, the more they remain the same.)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 10:49:15 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2017, 10:51:52 pm »

High Fiber Republicans...from the land of Milk of Magnesia.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2017, 12:48:37 am »
Some conservatives made a mistake. They believed the candidates they voted for. Instead it was just a Pavlov response... Well... Not really. When did they ever get what they voted for to condition a trusting response?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2017, 01:17:36 am »
Some conservatives made a mistake. They believed the candidates they voted for. Instead it was just a Pavlov response... Well... Not really. When did they ever get what they voted for to condition a trusting response?
It is more akin to Battered Wife Syndrome, only there is no 'honeymoon' phase.

C S Lewis