Author Topic: Report: Bannon told conservatives 'this is not a debate,' you have to back bill  (Read 765 times)

Offline corbe

Report: Bannon told conservatives 'this is not a debate,' you have to back bill

By Mallory Shelbourne  - 03/25/17 11:19 AM EDT

White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon told a group of House conservatives they had no choice but to back the GOP's ObamaCare repeal bill days before the bill was pulled, according to a new report.

Bannon confronted members of the House Freedom Caucus earlier this week during the White House's push for the American Health Care Act, Axios's Mike Allen reported Saturday in his newsletter.

"Guys, look. This is not a discussion. This is not a debate. You have no choice but to vote for this bill,” Bannon reportedly said.

A Freedom Caucus member reportedly replied: “You know, the last time someone ordered me to something, I was 18 years old. And it was my daddy. And I didn't listen to him, either."
The conservative group met with President Trump at the White House on Thursday, but the president reportedly did not want to discuss policy specifics of the healthcare legislation.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/325767-report-bannon-told-conservatives-this-is-not-a-debate-you-have-to-vote-for-bill
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Clown show. Trump needs someone in there who know what they're doing.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Its OK, he got the appropriate response.  :silly:

Offline Victoria33

I am watching a move about the Mafia.  Bannon would fit right in.

Offline Applewood

I guess Trump and his goons are finding out that their heavy handiness doesn't work on everyone.  The schoolyard bully has been defeated. 

Offline corbe

Sapranos?
   @Victoria33

Offline Victoria33

Sapranos?
   @Victoria33
@corbe

Got in on the middle, don't know the name but it is the Corleones (sp).  Never have dinner with Italian Mafia.

Offline Victoria33

@corbe

Just saw the name, Godfather, Part II.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 01:38:42 am by Victoria33 »

Offline corbe

@corbe

Got in on the middle, don't know the name but it is the Corleones (sp).  Never have dinner with Italian Mafia.

My Mom's Sicilian, great cook and even if she wasn't no one would dare tell her that.

Offline Victoria33

My Mom's Sicilian, great cook and even if she wasn't no one would dare tell her that.
@corbe

I think all Italian related women, at least back in the "good old days" were great cooks.  Yes, the Mafia are all Sicilian.  So many ending up dead, one by one.  No one trusts another one, for good reason.