Author Topic: Sen. Lindsey Graham Fights Back at Rowdy Town Hall: ‘Bring It On’  (Read 358 times)

Online corbe

Sen. Lindsey Graham Fights Back at Rowdy Town Hall: ‘Bring It On’
Mar 25 2017, 5:01 pm ET
by Chelsea Bailey

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham defended his conservative values and voting record at a raucous town hall on Saturday, hitting back at what he described as the "double standard" among his more liberal-minded constituents.

Speaking to an auditorium of largely Democratic voters in Columbia, the three-term Republican senator had to shout at times to be heard over the crowd. But he told voters that their boos and anger were not persuading him to change his positions.

"All of you want [Donald] Trump to be denied what comes with being president — not all of you, but some of you — and you want to overturn the election," Graham shouted over jeers.

Later, as constituents chanted "your last term," Graham fired back.

"Good! Bring it on — we're going to have an election in 2020," he said, referring to when his seat is up. "Here's what I'm going to do: Between now and 2020, I'm not (gonna) worry about losing my job. I'm not worried about you not voting for me. You know what I am worried about? Our country."

Since inauguration, many GOP lawmakers have faced vocal opposition from constituents during town hall meetings, and not everyone has handled the pressure well.

Texas Rep. Joe Barton came under fire for telling constituents to "shut up" during a meetingl earlier this month, while voters in California hung missing posters and held a mock vigil for Rep. Devin Nunes after he refused to agree to a meeting.

Pacing back and forth across the stage for nearly two hours Saturday, Graham fielded questions about Russia, the federal budget, campaign finance reform and the Second Amendment.

A voter from Columbia lashed out at Graham for calling for a bipartisan effort to reform the Affordable Care Act after the senator previously refused to work with the Obama administration. Others booed his assertion that Trump's Supreme Court nominee, Neil Gorsuch, was the "most qualified" for the position.

"If you don't understand that elections matter, then you don't understand America," Graham said, later adding: "I don't believe that the Constitution was written so that you get everything you want and I get nothing. That's not the way the Constitution was written."

Graham seemed to try to end the town hall on a positive note, promising to place his state's needs over his own ideology.

<..snip..>

VIDEO AT LINK

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/sen-lindsey-graham-fights-back-rowdy-town-hall-bring-it-n738521

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Sen. Lindsey Graham Fights Back at Rowdy Town Hall: ‘Bring It On’
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 10:08:00 pm »
   Another Gem from his townhall.

Graham: 'I'm glad' Ivanka will be working in the White House

By Brooke Seipel - 03/25/17 05:54 PM EDT 

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham said Saturday at a town hall that he is "glad" President Trump's daughter Ivanka Trump is getting an office in the White House.

"He's got his daughter in law, no excuse me his daughter, working in the White House — I don't know about you, but I'm glad she's there," Graham said, "because I think she's a pretty smart lady."

Graham's statement comes after reports this week that Ivanka Trump is getting an office in the White House, but is not assuming an official role.

Ivanka Trump's office will be on the second floor of the West Wing. She is also reportedly getting security clearance and government-issued communications devices.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.