Author Topic: Ryan unmasks himself as biggest threat to GOP, Trump presidency  (Read 447 times)

rangerrebew

Ryan unmasks himself as biggest threat to GOP, Trump presidency

By Ralph Z. Hallow - The Washington Times - Thursday, March 23, 2017

House Speaker Paul Ryan didn’t just step in it again, big time, on the Ryancare bill this week. The Wisconsin Republican unmasked himself as the man most capable of demolishing his own party and the Trump presidency.

The Ryan American Healthcare Bill is a piece of moderate GOP trash that Mr. Ryan owns and has been trying and failing miserably to sell as the long-promised Republican repeal and replacement of Obamacare.

By telling conservatives in the House and across America to go have intimate relations with themselves and not meddle in the medical-care matters of him and the rest of what passes as House GOP leadership, he has done American politics a favor.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/23/paul-ryan-unmasks-himself-biggest-threat-gop-trump/
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 01:07:00 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline endicom

Re: Ryan unmasks himself as biggest threat to GOP, Trump presidency
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 02:11:00 pm »
The bill was a failure but so what? Now we know where the House members stand. Replace Ryan with someone who starts from a position of repeal and compromises back to a bill that will pass at least the House. Then start over with the Senate. Get McConnell's turtle doves to stop cooing and start taking a open stand.

Offline anubias

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 02:35:09 pm »
The bill was a failure but so what? Now we know where the House members stand. Replace Ryan with someone who starts from a position of repeal and compromises back to a bill that will pass at least the House. Then start over with the Senate. Get McConnell's turtle doves to stop cooing and start taking a open stand.

:amen:

Silver Pines

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 02:50:58 pm »
Ryan sucks, all right, but so does Trump.  Donald's hardcore supporters might want to try and separate him out from Paul Ryan, but as Noah Rothman at Commentary magazine said, like it or not, Trump IS the establishment now.  He spent weeks schmoozing and pushing to get Ryan's bill passed, said he was 100% behind it, and threatened those who refused to back it.

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 03:19:56 pm »
If anyone owned me as Trump owns you, I would abandon online fora.

@CatherineofAragon
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:21:03 pm by endicom »

Silver Pines

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 03:27:39 pm »
If anyone owned me as Trump owns you, I would abandon online fora.

@CatherineofAragon

Let's review.

Stating an opinion about a politician on a political forum, more specifically on a thread referencing said politician, means he "owns me"--and apparently only because my opinion of him is non-complimentary.  If I jumped on "the train", I assume said ownership would dissolve.

Okay, @endicom, that makes a lot of sense.

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 03:56:47 pm »
Ryan sucks, all right, but so does Trump.  Donald's hardcore supporters might want to try and separate him out from Paul Ryan, but as Noah Rothman at Commentary magazine said, like it or not, Trump IS the establishment now.  He spent weeks schmoozing and pushing to get Ryan's bill passed, said he was 100% behind it, and threatened those who refused to back it.

In the some 18 hours since Ryan/Trump pulled the Bill, I've done some searching and other than the points you mention @CatherineofAragon I am unable to substantiate my claim last night to @Right_in_Virginia that the Trump Administration was majorly involved in the drafting of said bill.

But, I agree with you, his Liberalism showed in that he was so involved in pushing this crapfest on the American people, even to the point of threatening to 'primary' any opposition.

His bully tactics failed in the political arena, hope that is the lesson he learns.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 04:00:50 pm »

In the some 18 hours since Ryan/Trump pulled the Bill, I've done some searching and other than the points you mention @CatherineofAragon I am unable to substantiate my claim last night to @Right_in_Virginia that the Trump Administration was majorly involved in the drafting of said bill.

But, I agree with you, his Liberalism showed in that he was so involved in pushing this crapfest on the American people, even to the point of threatening to 'primary' any opposition.

His bully tactics failed in the political arena, hope that is the lesson he learns.

@corbe

I agree---nothing I've read said that Trump or his people were involved in the drafting of the bill.  That was Ryan's thing.    But he fully backed it.  And according to an article I posted in Politics, his main concern wasn't policy, nor how the bill would affect our healthcare, but whether or not he would have a win in his column.

Which isn't a surprise; he's always been that way.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 04:10:34 pm »
Biggest threat to the Trump Presidency is Trump himself, followed by Bannon and Miller.

Silver Pines

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 04:13:40 pm »
Biggest threat to the Trump Presidency is Trump himself, followed by Bannon and Miller.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

I agree.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 05:22:54 pm »

No, no.... Don't you understand?  It's never Trump's fault about anything.  Trump's threat to "primary" any Republican who didn't vote for the bill was Ryan's fault!

As for Ryan.... well, he certainly didn't do himself any favors with that bill.  But it's fantasy to think that anybody else would do better as Speaker.  Nor would anybody else be able to secure the necessary votes.