Author Topic: Here we go: Trump now ready to work with Democrats on health-care fix  (Read 42374 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Here we go: Trump now ready to work with Democrats on health-care fix
« Reply #550 on: March 30, 2017, 03:14:56 pm »
I do not defend abortion.  I defend human liberty.   That's what conservatives are supposed to do. 

No. You do not.  You defend evil.  You defend Statism.  You defend tyranny.

You are no conservative based on your own words. 

txradioguy nailed you on the rest of your spew.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #551 on: March 30, 2017, 03:17:15 pm »

You don't like the concealed or open carry laws.  You'd be perfectly happy if the Heller decision in D.C. was overturned.

Abortion is not a right.  There is not a "right" to abortion anywhere in the Constitution. 

But there is a right to keep and bear arms.

He's lying through his teeth when he says he supports the Second Amendment.  He's told me repeatedly he should be able to pass a law infringing the rights of yahoos to waltz around Philly with firearms.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #552 on: March 30, 2017, 03:23:59 pm »
But every Constitutional right - including the abortion right - is susceptible to reasonable regulation.   

Except where it says 'shall not be infringed' right?  We know what you would do - 'reasonably regulate' our enumerated rights that you hate - right out of existence while pushing upon us rights you manufactured right out of thin air to safeguard perverted behavior, sloth and wickedness.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #553 on: March 30, 2017, 06:06:32 pm »
He's lying through his teeth when he says he supports the Second Amendment.  He's told me repeatedly he should be able to pass a law infringing the rights of yahoos to waltz around Philly with firearms.

Why shouldn't the City of Philadelphia be able to decide whether to permit open carry on public streets?

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #554 on: March 30, 2017, 06:08:42 pm »

You don't like the concealed or open carry laws.  You'd be perfectly happy if the Heller decision in D.C. was overturned.

I have repeatedly said I support the Heller decision.  As for open carry laws,  I am agnostic personally.  But I think the City of Philadelphia ought to be able to decide that issue for itself.   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #555 on: March 30, 2017, 06:22:41 pm »
  But I think the City of Philadelphia ought to be able to decide that issue for itself.   

"The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The issue has been decided already...for everyone.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #556 on: March 30, 2017, 06:28:12 pm »

Heh.  Toldja.   :tongue2:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #557 on: March 30, 2017, 07:41:40 pm »

So you're the one who opposes Heller, not me.  Justice Scalia confirmed in Heller that the Second Amendment right, like any other, is subject to reasonable regulation.   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #558 on: March 30, 2017, 07:54:20 pm »
So you're the one who opposes Heller, not me.  Justice Scalia confirmed in Heller that the Second Amendment right, like any other, is subject to reasonable regulation.

Nope I cheered Heller.  Heller had to do with D.C.'s outright ban on anyone owning a handgun within the District...now concealed or open carry.

And it's a right that shall not be infringed upon. 

Why is that so hard for you lefties to understand?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #559 on: March 30, 2017, 07:56:28 pm »
...the Second Amendment right, like any other, is subject to reasonable regulation.

Likewise, attempts to infringe upon that right will be subject to 'reasonable' resistance, mostly at a distance measured in yards.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #560 on: March 30, 2017, 08:04:33 pm »
Nope I cheered Heller.  Heller had to do with D.C.'s outright ban on anyone owning a handgun within the District...now concealed or open carry.

And it's a right that shall not be infringed upon. 

Why is that so hard for you lefties to understand?

I think he wants to retain the right to disarm knuckle-dragging redneck yahoos who want to waltz around his town armed because they scare him.  That's what "reasonable regulation" means to lefties.  I have a niece like that, I imagine she was pretty upset when her state went Constitutional Carry last Summer.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #561 on: March 30, 2017, 08:24:57 pm »
Nope I cheered Heller. 

So did I.  Including Scalia's statement that the gun right is subject to reasonable regulation. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #562 on: March 30, 2017, 08:26:33 pm »
I think he wants to retain the right to disarm knuckle-dragging redneck yahoos who want to waltz around his town armed because they scare him. 

Not just the knuckle-dragging redneck yahoos.   Open carry's a local issue,  to be decided at the local level.   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #563 on: March 30, 2017, 09:12:23 pm »
Not just the knuckle-dragging redneck yahoos.   Open carry's a local issue,  to be decided at the local level.

The Second Amendment says "Shall not be infringed."  Doesn't say "Shall not be infringed, unless somebody wants to stop not just knuckle-dragging yahoos from waltzing around at the local level."
I will NOT comply.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #564 on: March 30, 2017, 09:17:06 pm »
@Jazzhead

How do you successfully get through each day being so consistently wrong on everything?  It truly boggles the mind. And what you're doing on a conservative forum, other than rabble rousing and pretending is also a question for the ages...SMH
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 09:18:27 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #565 on: March 30, 2017, 09:18:27 pm »
@Jazzhead

How do you successfully get through each day being so consistently wrong on everything?  It truly boggles the mind.

He makes it a point to believe at least three impossible things every day before breakfast.  Keeps him sharp.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #566 on: March 30, 2017, 09:25:00 pm »
I'll just point out that under the original understanding of the Second Amendment, it applied only to the actions of the federal government.  That was true of the entire Bill of Rights.  It wasn't until the 14th Amendment and the "incorporation doctrine" that the rights listed in the Bill of Rights were held to apply to the states as well.  In fact, a lot of towns in the old West limited open carry more than 100 years ago.

That's one argument I always through back in the face of leftists who argue that states should be able to do what they want.  It was the 14th Amendment, which they pretty much use to run roughshod over states-rights in general, that is the basis for limiting the right of states to restrict guns.  If they want to get rid of those gun rights, they're going to have to get rid of everything else based on "incorporation" as well.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #567 on: March 30, 2017, 09:30:19 pm »
I'll just point out that under the original understanding of the Second Amendment, it applied only to the actions of the federal government.  That was true of the entire Bill of Rights.  It wasn't until the 14th Amendment and the "incorporation doctrine" that the rights listed in the Bill of Rights were held to apply to the states as well.  In fact, a lot of towns in the old West limited open carry more than 100 years ago.

That's one argument I always through back in the face of leftists who argue that states should be able to do what they want.  It was the 14th Amendment, which they pretty much use to run roughshod over states-rights in general, that is the basis for limiting the right of states to restrict guns.  If they want to get rid of those gun rights, they're going to have to get rid of everything else based on "incorporation" as well.

Hadn't looked at it that way.  That's going to be a handy thing to keep in my back pocket.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #568 on: March 30, 2017, 09:37:50 pm »
The Second Amendment says "Shall not be infringed."  Doesn't say "Shall not be infringed, unless somebody wants to stop not just knuckle-dragging yahoos from waltzing around at the local level."

Exactly.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #569 on: March 30, 2017, 09:37:55 pm »
Hadn't looked at it that way.  That's going to be a handy thing to keep in my back pocket.

Trust me -- they have no answer for that one.  Just say "did you know that it was legal for states to suppress speech, and assembly, and the press, and religion, until the 1920's?"  Their jaw will drop.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #570 on: March 30, 2017, 09:43:04 pm »
Trust me -- they have no answer for that one.  Just say "did you know that it was legal for states to suppress speech, and assembly, and the press, and religion, until the 1920's?"  Their jaw will drop.

Liberals tend to not know what they don't know until someone points out to them what they don't know LOL!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #571 on: March 30, 2017, 09:46:11 pm »
.. the gun right is subject to reasonable regulation.

Many of us are of the mindset that infringing on that right is subject to reasonable resistance, usually at a distance measured in yards.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #572 on: March 30, 2017, 09:52:04 pm »
I've never suggested that a Supreme Court decision cannot be overturned.   But a woman's right to decide for herself whether to reproduce is just as real under the Constitution as your right to own a gun.   

It is,  but once she has made the decision to reproduce,  it is done.   You don't get to kill people because you changed your mind. 

Don't want a baby?  Don't make one.   

The rest of your post was just false premise gobbledygook,  unworthy of rebuttal.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #573 on: March 30, 2017, 09:58:15 pm »
You put the rabbit in the hat when you declare, as if it's self-evident, that abortion of a non-viable fetus is "murder".   It's not.

I understand your moral objection to abortion.  I share that objection.  But I am not prepared to use the government to force my moral views on others.  You are.

I am completely prepared to use the government to force my moral views on to others.   I believe that humans should not kill other humans,  and I expect the government to force that moral view on everyone else.

I believe humans should not steal from other humans,  and I want the government to force that moral view onto others. 

I believe humans should not assault other humans,  and I want the government to force that moral view onto others.   

I believe slavery is wrong  (both a form of theft and a form of assault)  and I want the government to force that view on others,  even if they disagree with me. 

Yeah,  I'm all up for government forcing morality on people,  because that is exactly what government is supposed to do.   

If you don't believe in using the government to force your morality on other people,  step aside and do not object when I use the government to force my morality onto other people.   If you object, you are trying to use the government to force *YOUR*  morality onto me,  and you don't believe in that,  remember?   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #574 on: March 30, 2017, 10:03:33 pm »

The right to defend yourself with arms is a natural law right.  It does not require the incorporation doctrine of the 14th to be applied to the states.   It is a human right,  not a state given right.   

— Lord Melbourne —