Author Topic: Republican moderates warn Schumer: Don’t call our bluff on nuking the filibuster to confirm Gorsuch  (Read 315 times)

rangerrebew

Republican moderates warn Schumer: Don’t call our bluff on nuking the filibuster to confirm Gorsuch
posted at 8:01 pm on March 24, 2017 by Allahpundit

Let me add one point to this post from last night about the deep stupidity of Democrats filibustering Gorsuch. There is one way it could pay off: If Schumer knows for a fact that there are three Republicans who won’t vote to nuke the filibuster under any circumstances, which would guarantee that McConnell’s attempt to change the rule would fail, then it makes perfect sense. Block Gorsuch, call McConnell’s bluff, then let the world watch as the GOP fails epically to exercise the nuclear option. It’d be a policy victory and a total humiliation for Republicans.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/03/24/republican-moderates-warn-schumer-dont-call-our-bluff-on-nuking-the-filibuster-to-confirm-gorsuch/
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:03:48 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

I'm pleased some republicans have got spines so they won't have to stick a broomstick up McConnell's rectum to give him a semblance of a spine.

Offline anubias

I would not be surprised.  We have some nasty folks in the Senate (as well as the House) that would love to see Trump fail as well as teach the rest of us that supported Cruz and Trump in the primaries a lesson.