Author Topic: Liz Peek: Time for the Freedom Caucus to climb aboard the Trump train  (Read 636 times)

Offline corbe

Liz Peek: Time for the Freedom Caucus to climb aboard the Trump train

By  Liz Peek   
 ·Published March 24, 2017

· FoxNews.com

This is the truth: the Freedom Caucus has breathed new life into the demolished Democratic Party.

It is Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer who are celebrating the breakdown of efforts to pass the Affordable Care Act – not the country.

For eight years Democrats have accused Republicans of being the “Party of No”, only capable of obstruction and posturing but not of governing. In defeating the efforts of Paul Ryan, Mike Pence, Tom Price and Donald Trump to dump ObamaCare and replace it with a slimmed-down, more intelligent and flexible program, they have given Democrats incalculable ammunition to make that case.

It’s not the first time. Over the past several years the House voted dozens of times to repeal all or part of ObamaCare, a gesture both pointless and borderline absurd; President Obama was never going to sign legislation dooming his legacy achievement, even if somehow the measure made it through the Senate. But it sure made House Republicans feel good about themselves.

Now that they actually have a chance to do something meaningful – repeal the taxes and fees that are the undercarriage of the Affordable Care Act – they can’t make it to the finish line. 

Let us consider some hard facts:

Number One: Conservatives are not in the majority in the United States. If they were, Evan McMullin would be president.

Number Two: The country does not want to return to the pre-ACA era. President Obama produced a monstrous piece of legislation, which was doomed by its excessive mandates and its inability to attract young, healthy patients. But the bill itself is not Obama’s legacy. Rather, he will be credited with changing the country’s viewpoint on universal health care. Few Americans today think we should be the rare developed nation that fails to provide medical services to every citizen.

Number Three: Crafting a compromise health care bill that will safeguard popular provisions that President Trump vowed to keep, like protections for those with preexisting conditions or the ability to keep children up to the age of 26 on their parent’s insurance, is not easy.

The ACA is something of a mess, and the scoring received by the CBO reflects its shortcomings. But there is more to follow, such as allowing insurers to compete across state lines, which will make it better.

The Senate, too, will have a chance to weigh in.

The vote, in other words, is not strictly on the ACA, but on a process which will lead to an improvement over the status quo. The bill as it now stands is imperfect, but it’s better than ObamaCare.

<..snip..>

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/03/24/liz-peek-time-for-freedom-caucus-to-climb-aboard-trump-train.html

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
Re: Liz Peek: Time for the Freedom Caucus to climb aboard the Trump train
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 07:15:48 pm »
Nope.  The Freedom Caucus should be lauded for fighting for a repeal of Obamacare and NOT supporting Trumpcare.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 07:25:50 pm »
Nope.  The Freedom Caucus should be lauded for fighting for a repeal of Obamacare and NOT supporting Trumpcare RyanCare.

Trump did not author this piece of crap. Ryan and his health-insurance-pharma-lawyer lobbyists did.

Now applaud.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 07:33:27 pm »
Who the hell is Liz Peek?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 07:34:02 pm »
I didn't vote for my congressman to be obedient to party leadership and Trump.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 07:36:48 pm »
Freakin' Baloney......

I salute the Freedom Caucus as they send the Orange fool a "one finger" gesture.

I hope they hang tough and attack Trump with the same veracity that  he threatens.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 07:38:34 pm »
I didn't vote for my congressman to be obedient to party leadership and Trump.
:amen:
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 07:42:29 pm »
Who the hell is Liz Peek?

@RetBobbyMI

Some bubble headed bleach blond that comes on at 5 on the FOX Network, would be my best guess.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 07:44:49 pm »
Nope.  The Freedom Caucus should be lauded for fighting for a repeal of Obamacare and NOT supporting Trumpcare.

Absolutely.

I hope they resist the Trump threats and maintain their position against government controlled health care.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

geronl

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 07:59:09 pm »
Principles still matter more than personality cults, so no way

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 08:04:50 pm »
I think it's time for the Paul Ryan lemings and Trump to board the freedom caucus express myself.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 08:06:05 pm »
I think it's time for the Paul Ryan lemings and Trump to board the freedom caucus express myself.

:thumbsup:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 08:11:59 pm »
As should be my congressman, Louie Gohmert, the notorious outlaw who does not need a group as he terrorizes alone.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 08:16:40 pm »
When right and wrong are decided by popularity let me know.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 08:18:35 pm »
@RetBobbyMI

Some bubble headed bleach blond that comes on at 5 on the FOX Network, would be my best guess.

Yes, but can she tell you about a plane crash with a gleam in her eye?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 08:22:13 pm »
When right and wrong are decided by popularity let me know.

The demands for obedience are only now starting to backfire.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 08:35:48 pm »
@RetBobbyMI

No. She is worse than that. She is a Leftist hack who's husband was at the front of the line filling his pockets with TARP money. She is an elitist snob and a stupid whore. 

This article may have well be written by Marvin Snodgrass of Gary IN because it would carry about as much weight.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2017, 08:39:08 pm »
But the bill itself is not Obama’s legacy. Rather, he will be credited with changing the country’s viewpoint on universal health care.

If this were even remotely true, then Hitlary would have been campaigning for it on the trail. The only candidate calling for socialized medicine lost his ass in the Primaries....The Bern.