Author Topic: Schumer confident Democrats have votes to block Gorsuch  (Read 863 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer confident Democrats have votes to block Gorsuch
« on: March 24, 2017, 03:44:49 pm »
Schumer confident Democrats have votes to block Gorsuch

The Senate minority leader is prepared to force Mitch McConnell to try to invoke the 'nuclear option.'

By Burgess Everett and Elana Schor

03/23/17 09:21 PM EDT

Updated 03/24/17 09:06 AM EDT

Chuck Schumer is prepared to push the Senate into a nuclear confrontation over the Supreme Court.

In an extensive interview with POLITICO Thursday, the Senate minority leader made his most definitive statement to date that Democrats will deny Neil Gorsuch the 60 votes he needs to clear a Senate filibuster and ascend to the Supreme Court. Dismissing the notion of a deal to confirm Gorsuch floated by some members of his caucus this week, Schumer all but declared that Donald Trump's nominee will not receive the requisite eight Democratic votes — and that it will be up to Majority Leader Mitch McConnell as to whether to try to blow up the filibuster to get Gorsuch through.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/chuck-schumer-neil-gorsuch-filibuster-scotus-nomination-236441

What a slimey POS Schumer is...Harry Reid taught him well!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Schumer confident Democrats have votes to block Gorsuch
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 03:53:24 pm »
What a slimey POS Schumer is...Harry Reid taught him well!

Reid also taught McConnell well. It's called the nuclear option and it will be the Rats nightmare come to life.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 04:05:54 pm »
Reid also taught McConnell well. It's called the nuclear option and it will be the Rats nightmare come to life.

That's all dependent on if the Turtle has a spine.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 04:11:32 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 04:15:08 pm »

RINO Grahamnesty is calling for the Nuke Option now. It appears the Turtle wing of the party has decided to flex it's muscles.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 06:13:30 pm »

All well and fine until the Dems control everything and then we'll have single payer for sure.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 07:17:34 pm »
All well and fine until the Dems control everything and then we'll have single payer for sure.

Dems are going to throw the 60 vote rule out the window REGARDLESS, so we'd be fools to cling to it now in some vain hope they'll honor it down the road. Had Harry not already tossed it aside for lower court judicial appointments, you might have a point. As you know, he tossed it aside like a dirty dishrag when it was convenient. Its beyond naive to cling to the hope that the Dems will honor 60 votes  in the future, when they've already proven otherwise.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 07:38:27 pm »

I wouldn't discount the chance McCain, Collins, Murkowsky and others prevent reaching 50+Pence to change rules.

IOW don't count on it being a slam dunk.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 02:35:52 am »
Weird wrote:
"All well and fine until the Dems control everything and then we'll have single payer for sure."

You're quite the gullible one.

Don't you realize that the first time the ever-more-radical democrats regain power in the Senate, the FIRST THING they'll do is "go nuclear" to shove through whatever they want?

It makes no difference -- NONE -- what the Pubbies do regarding Gorsuch or the nuclear option today, or for as long as the Republicans retain control of the Senate.

The time for "being gentlemen" in the Senate is over.

THIS IS WAR.

The other side has been winning too long -- because they don't care about how our side feels, or objects. They just do what they're gonna do.

It's time for the Pubbies to get off their gentlemanly butts and do the same.

FIGHT BACK with all barrels blazing.

Nuke 'em!

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 02:56:11 am »
I wouldn't discount the chance McCain, Collins, Murkowsky and others prevent reaching 50+Pence to change rules.

IOW don't count on it being a slam dunk.

Agreed; too many RINO's and RINO leadership.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 03:00:59 am »

We shouldn't be surprised if this is true.  Democrats are able to unify.  I'd even expect McCain and his bride to join them.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 11:56:34 am »

We shouldn't be surprised if this is true.  Democrats are able to unify.  I'd even expect McCain and his bride to join them.

After the healthcare fiasco the DEMS are now re-energized and I anticipate it's going to be a challenge now getting anything done; it appears that the DEMS still have their majority.