Author Topic: You won't believe this exchange with Brian Williams  (Read 1145 times)

Offline bolobaby

You won't believe this exchange with Brian Williams
« on: April 07, 2017, 02:10:35 pm »
Every now and then, when something happens, I like to visit opposition sites to see what they are saying about the issue.

So, post missile strike, I ventured over to MSNBC to see how they were portraying this whole thing. Check out this vid:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/engel-strike-ends-narrative-not-assad-nor-syria-s-war-915935299878

The part I find most unbelievable is when Williams feigns concern for the poor sailors who had to breathe a sigh of relief after these missiles were launched without blowing themselves up.

Yes, seriously. Trump nearly killed those sailors by ordering those missiles launched.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline endicom

Re: You won't believe this exchange with Brian Williams
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 02:17:44 pm »

Yes, seriously. Trump nearly killed those sailors by ordering those missiles launched.

So much for his being LGBT friendly.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 02:39:04 pm »

So much for his being LGBT friendly.

Not sure I follow.
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 02:52:37 pm »
Not sure I follow.

It's a joke, son.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 02:54:23 pm »

It's a joke, son.

I must be slow. It's not one that I get.
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 04:21:23 pm »
Trump could hand out bars of gold to Syrian refugees and the radical Left would complain they are too heavy.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 04:24:06 pm »
I must be slow. It's not one that I get.

The old saying about the Royal Navy was that its only traditions were "rum, sodomy, and the lash."  Does that maybe clarify the joke?

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 04:33:05 pm »
The old saying about the Royal Navy was that its only traditions were "rum, sodomy, and the lash."  Does that maybe clarify the joke?

Meh. I'm ex-infantry in the Army, and I appreciate the cush-life jokes for the air force and navy, but calling them sodomites is a bridge to far. We're all part of the same armed forces.
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 11:11:54 pm »
"Everyone breathes a sigh of relief" every week when cable news channel ratings come out.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 11:41:15 pm »

Thanks for taking the plunge and reporting back.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 08:25:24 am »
The part I find most unbelievable is when Williams feigns concern for the poor sailors who had to breathe a sigh of relief after these missiles were launched without blowing themselves up.

Raytheon should sue him for implying they have faulty products.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn