Author Topic: Gorsuch Overturned By SCOTUS In The Middle Of His Hearing  (Read 404 times)

rangerrebew

Gorsuch Overturned By SCOTUS In The Middle Of His Hearing
« on: March 23, 2017, 02:15:26 pm »
Gorsuch Overturned By SCOTUS In The Middle Of His Hearing
Photo of Kevin Daley
Kevin Daley
Legal Affairs Reporter
7:16 PM 03/22/2017

Senate Democrats put Judge Neil Gorsuch on the defensive during his third appearance before the Senate Committee on the Judiciary Wednesday, grilling him over one of his holdings that was reversed by the Supreme Court and for his alleged ties to “dark money.”

The exchanges marked the first time Democratic attacks on the judge seemed to gain traction, since GOP aides rushed spin to reporters for the first time in the hearings. Despite this, there was a tangible sense inside the Capitol Hill committee room that the main work of the hearings had more or less concluded. Empty seats filled the press gallery, before a dais that was nearly vacant for most of the day.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/22/gorsuch-overturned-by-scotus-in-the-middle-of-his-hearing/#ixzz4c9t1x9f3

rangerrebew

Re: Gorsuch Overturned By SCOTUS In The Middle Of His Hearing
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 02:18:08 pm »
It seems to me the liberal supreme soviet's timing of the release of the decision could not have been more perfectly timed for the democrats.  Far be it from me, though, to suggest the supremes would be involved in collusion with members of congress. :whistle:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 02:26:31 pm »
It seems to me the liberal supreme soviet's timing of the release of the decision could not have been more perfectly timed for the democrats.  Far be it from me, though, to suggest the supremes would be involved in collusion with members of congress. :whistle:

The State strikes back.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 02:38:27 pm »

Just browsed the case. The 10th Circuit court ruling overturned appears to concern a lawsuit by the parents of a deaf girl, who contended their daughter was being denied an adequate education under FAPE because the school did not accommodate her disability to a significant enough degree - the school was willing to provide electronic equipment to enable her to hear her teacher; her parents wanted the state to provide a sign language interpreter for her in all of her classes.

It was a unanimous decision, but I don't think it will be hard to convince most people that the 10th had made a decent ruling.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 02:38:48 pm by skeeter »