Author Topic: Gang Rape of Chicago Teen Was Watched Live by 40 People on Facebook, No One Called Cops  (Read 807 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: NBC NEWS

URL: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/gang-sex-assault-chicago-teen-was-watched-live-40-people-n736616

by Safia Samee Ali

Chicago Police are on the hunt for five or six men who live streamed on Facebook the sexual assault of a 15-year-old girl to an audience of at least 40 people — none of whom said a word to law enforcement, authorities said Tuesday.

And cops were only tipped off about the girl — who went missing on Sunday — after her mother approached Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson in person as he was leaving a police station in the Lawndale neighborhood on Chicago's West Side late Monday afternoon, said police spokesman Officer Michele Tannehill.

The mother showed him screenshots of her daughter's assault on Facebook Live and Johnson quickly dispatched investigators, who got Facebook to remove the video.

Police found the girl early Tuesday after "working around the clock," tweeted police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.

Gugliemi said police are "making good progress identifying persons of interest" but haven't named any suspects yet.

The young victim is in stable condition at an area hospital and has been reunited with her family, police said.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST

Offline Frank Cannon

to an audience of at least 40 people — none of whom said a word to law enforcement

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Chicago Police are on the hunt for five or six men who live streamed on Facebook the sexual assault of a 15-year-old girl to an audience of at least 40 people — none of whom said a word to law enforcement, authorities said Tuesday."

Hmmm.....

With a little digital detective work, the identities of "the watchers" can probably be confirmed.

Then, present them all with arrest warrants as being "accessories" to the crime.

The intent may not be to win convictions against them, but to let this serve as an example that one cannot do things like this without consequences.

Perhaps they can bargain their way out of the arrests by agreeing to become witnesses for the prosecution...

Offline Idiot

SOURCE: NBC NEWS

URL: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/gang-sex-assault-chicago-teen-was-watched-live-40-people-n736616

by Safia Samee Ali

Chicago Police are on the hunt for five or six men who live streamed on Facebook the sexual assault of a 15-year-old girl to an audience of at least 40 people — none of whom said a word to law enforcement, authorities said Tuesday.

And cops were only tipped off about the girl — who went missing on Sunday — after her mother approached Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson in person as he was leaving a police station in the Lawndale neighborhood on Chicago's West Side late Monday afternoon, said police spokesman Officer Michele Tannehill.

The mother showed him screenshots of her daughter's assault on Facebook Live and Johnson quickly dispatched investigators, who got Facebook to remove the video.

Police found the girl early Tuesday after "working around the clock," tweeted police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.

Gugliemi said police are "making good progress identifying persons of interest" but haven't named any suspects yet.

The young victim is in stable condition at an area hospital and has been reunited with her family, police said.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST

SICK!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Police are said to be looking for several suspects that are all named "Dindu Nuffins".

BTW,someone sent me a email about a shooting in Va recently. Two young thugs,1 17 and the other 15 shot a 60  year old white woman to death as she stood outside her townhouse smoking a cigarette. The newscritter on the clip said they THINK the woman was murdered because she wouldn't give them a cigarette. One was already arrested and appearing before a judge,and the other was on the run.

The one that was arrested for murder didn't seem to be very concerned about it.

It's a hell of a world we live in these days,ain't it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Police are said to be looking for several suspects that are all named "Dindu Nuffins".

BTW,someone sent me a email about a shooting in Va recently. Two young thugs,1 17 and the other 15 shot a 60  year old white woman to death as she stood outside her townhouse smoking a cigarette. The newscritter on the clip said they THINK the woman was murdered because she wouldn't give them a cigarette. One was already arrested and appearing before a judge,and the other was on the run.

It is, Pete, but then it's always been.

Offline anubias

I hope they charge the 40 watchers with something.  They need prosecuting as well.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

And people wonder on why we have a country founded by God-fearing men who respected God's word.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

It is. When I look back, most of the things we considered unthinkable acts in my childhood have been very publicly done, right here at home, by more dead-eyed people who have been convinced they deserve the things they took, or the people they took them from deserved to have them taken, whether those be rings and watches, virginity, or lives.
Add to that the sense of detachment instilled by an 'entertainment' industry that ever one-ups itself with brutality and gore and a lack of 'home training' and you have some serious sociopath factories out there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
There is a "commonality" amongst the once-unthinkable acts that we now see being reported more and more frequently.

I sense that most folks here see it for what it is, and that many traditional-minded Americans of Euro descent understand, as well.

However, there remains the inability to come right out and speak frankly about the source of the problem.

Why can't we?
To do so would shatter one of the precepts about America and the documents that created it that we've been taught to cherish since our youth.
The only problem is, that particular precept is... a false one, as it has been since it was first put on paper back around 1776.

So... we keep quiet about such things.

That's understandable, as folks don't want to be labeled with "the 'r' word", which in these times has become the worst brand of all.

But it's worthwhile to keep in mind what a wise woman once wrote:
"We can evade reality. What we cannot evade are the consequences of evading reality".

The above story is but one more of those "consequences".
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 06:49:07 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
There is a "commonality" amongst the once-unthinkable acts that we now see being reported more and more frequently.

I sense that most folks here see it for what it is, and that many traditional-minded Americans of Euro descent understand, as well.

However, there remains the inability to come right out and speak frankly about the source of the problem.

I don't mind speaking out. It's ghetto rats,most,but not all, of whom are non-white.  Black people identify them as "***********",but WE can't do that in "polite company",although I have pointed that out to a few of them over the years that managed to piss me off.

Why can't we?

The prime reason for most people is because they quite rightly don't want to be demonized as being a Nazi or Kluxxer with three teeth for stating an obvious truth.

The secondary reason,and the main reason for me is because I honestly don't want to offend respectable blacks that don't know me who might think I classify all blacks as **********. I don't,but don't mind hanging that tag around someone's neck if they think they can get pushy with me because "white folks fraid ob bruthas". Here is one that isn't,although if there is a more than 25 or 30 of them around and I am the only white I understand they can be dangerous if I run out of ammo before they run out of sight.

To do so would shatter one of the precepts about America and the documents that created it that we've been taught to cherish since our youth.
The only problem is, that particular precept is... a false one, as it has been since it was first put on paper back around 1776.

I don't agree. All people ARE "created equal in the eyes of the law",or at least should be. These days it is the blacks that are handled with kid gloves and the whites that are brutalized by the legal system. Having said that,a crime is a crime is a crime,regardless of the race of the one that committed it,and we SHOULD all be treated equally by our government and legal system,regardless of race,creed,or color.

The flip side of that is white people have just as much right and reason to hate blacks as black people have to hate whites. Maybe more. Probably more. There is not a white American living today that has ever owned a slave,yet we are still being punished because SOME of our ancestors bought slaves FROM BLACKS that had enslaved their fellow blacks,and for some reason that was our fault,also.

So... we keep quiet about such things.

I think the real reason we kept quiet about it is because almost all blacks that voted prior to the late 1950's voted Republican because most blacks back then were very conservative,and the Dim Party was the party of slavery,and was still refusing to allow blacks to register as recently as the late 1940's. Then the wealthy northeastern Dims began to realize that the Dixie-Crats were reducing their control over the political system and the country,so they created and ran a BRILLIANT public relations campaign that somehow magically turned the white Dims of the south into Republicans. Practically overnight Robert Kennedy went from being the Chief Consul to Joseph McCarthy to a leader of the Civil Rights movement and a leftist. Absolutely brilliant job of re-labeling.  If you didn't know better  you would think sugar wouldn't have melted in his mouth.

While they were at it,the Republicans became "The party of the rich white Elites",while people like the Rockefellers and Kennedy's became the "Guardians of the Poor" because they identified with them so well. Uh,huh.

The Republicans were mostly,and some say still are,people with sticks up their asses,so they were too slow to react. Instead of fighting back,they surrendered and went with the flow by not standing up for what was right and/or reasonable,and allowing the Dims to create these new "Urban Plantations" that were filled with wild animals who were guaranteed they would kept feed,watered,and housed no matter what they did as long as they continued to vote Dim.

One result of all this was Republicans were afraid to use the "n-word" even in the privacy of their homes,or to even fight back when attacked.

Historically,what happens to civilizations when they refuse to fight back against barbarian hordes?

That's understandable, as folks don't want to be labeled with "the 'r' word", which in these times has become the worst brand of all.

I don't really care anymore,and am ALMOST to the point where I think being labeled a "racist" in 21st Century America is a thing to be proud of because it shows you are not a complete bleeping idiot.

But it's worthwhile to keep in mind what a wise woman once wrote:
"We can evade reality. What we cannot evade are the consequences of evading reality".

The above story is but one more of those "consequences".

BINGO! And there ha have it. 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 01:15:12 am by MOD3 »

Online mountaineer

I just finished reading a book "As Good As Dead: The Daring Escape of American POWs From a Japanese Death Camp," by Stephen L. Moore. It's about a Japanese POW camp in the Philippines where American prisoners were used as slave labor to build (hack out of the jungle with little more than their bare hands) an airstrip. By December 1944, only 150 POWs remained. The Japanese saw that the tide had turned against them, so the order went out to kill every last American in the camp. Here's a description of the book:
... On December 14, with machine guns trained on them, they were herded underground into shallow air raid shelters—death pits dug with their own hands.

Japanese soldiers doused the shelters with gasoline and set them on fire. Some thirty prisoners managed to bolt from the fiery carnage, running a lethal gauntlet of machine gun fire and bayonets to jump from the cliffs to the rocky Palawan coast. By the next morning, only eleven men were left alive—but their desperate journey to freedom had just begun.

As Good as Dead is one of the greatest escape stories of World War II, and one that few Americans know. The eleven survivors of the Palawan Massacre—some badly wounded and burned—spent weeks evading Japanese patrols. They scrounged for food and water, swam shark-infested bays, and wandered through treacherous jungle terrain, hoping to find friendly Filipino guerrillas. Their endurance, determination, and courage in the face of death make this a gripping and inspiring saga of survival.
As I read - sometimes through tears - about the atrocities committed, like setting men on fire and laughing while they were bayoneted, I repeatedly wondered, "How can human beings behave this way?"

Why do we bother asking that question anymore? We regularly see the same sort of behavior in the Middle East, in London today and in Chicago all too frequently.  **nononono*

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
... As I read - sometimes through tears - about the atrocities committed, like setting men on fire and laughing while they were bayoneted, I repeatedly wondered, "How can human beings behave this way?"

It's easy to justify anything when you think you are doing "God's Will",and that has been the rallying cry for every war since the dawn of history. The Japanese thought the Emperor WAS the Sun God,and anything they did in his name was righteous.

Why do we bother asking that question anymore? We regularly see the same sort of behavior in the Middle East, in London today and in Chicago all too frequently.  **nononono*

Once again,evil is being done in the name of religion/God's will. It's a story as old as time itself,although when it comes to the Muddle East the line between religion and government is so thin it is virtually non-existent. No one can look and tell where one ends and the other begins. Which,in effect,means that Islam is NOT an actual religion,but a form of dictatorial government.

Online mountaineer

Once again,evil is being done in the name of religion/God's will.
Not the case with these ghetto thugs, it should be noted. They just do evil for the fun of it, apparently.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Not the case with these ghetto thugs, it should be noted. They just do evil for the fun of it, apparently.

@mountaineer

Wrong. The ghetto rats are just the useful tools/useful fools. Do you blame a tool or the mechanic/engineer when a manufactured item fails?