Author Topic: Warren Angered that Cabinet Nominee Considers President His Boss  (Read 396 times)

rangerrebew

Warren Angered that Cabinet Nominee Considers President His Boss
Posted By Bill McMorris On March 22, 2017 @ 1:24 pm In Issues | No Comments

Sen. Elizabeth Warren attacked President Trump's labor secretary nominee Alexander Acosta after he declined to say whether he would overturn several Obama administration regulations during his first confirmation hearing Wednesday.

Warren (D., Mass.), a member of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, & Pensions, asked Acosta whether he would direct the Labor Department to defend new overtime regulations in federal court after an Obama-appointed judge blocked them from going into effect, as well as whether he supported Trump's executive orders affecting safety and financial regulations. The Massachusetts senator, a champion of the Democrat's liberal base, prodded Acosta to take a public stance against President Trump. The nominee did not bite, saying he would not weigh in on such manners because the president sets policy. The back and forth led Warren to accuse him of dodging "every one of my questions" and hiding "behind an executive order."

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/issues/warren-angered-trump-cabinet-nominee-considers-president-boss/

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Warren Angered that Cabinet Nominee Considers President His Boss
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 11:57:26 pm »
She has no real idea how petty and vindictive these outbursts make her look, does she?
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Warren Angered that Cabinet Nominee Considers President His Boss
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 12:42:41 am »
She has no real idea how petty and vindictive these outbursts make her look, does she?

@Doug Loss

She doesn't have to because he PERFECTLY represents the people that keep electing her.

Once we stopped giving literacy tests as a condition to register to vote,it was inevitable that this would happen.

Democracy is government by mob rule.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 12:44:00 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!