Author Topic: South Koreans now hate China even more than Japan, new opinion polls says  (Read 568 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The bitter dispute that has developed between Beijing and Seoul over the deployment of the US-backed THAAD missile defense system has caused China to become even more hated in South Korea than Japan, its former colonizer.

According to an opinion poll conducted by the Asan Institute for Policy Studies, China's approval rating on a 0-10 scale in South Korea has dropped from 4.31 in January to 3.21 in March.

That drops China just behind Japan which had a 3.33 rating in March. Apart from North Korea, Japan has traditionally been rated as South Koreans' least favorite country thanks to the scars left over from its wartime past, including using 200,000 Koreans as "comfort women" -- sexual slaves for Japanese troops.

In comparison, the United States holds a 5.71 rating, while North Korea is down at 2.17. Both these ratings have remained mostly stable over the last year.

More: http://shanghaiist.com/2017/03/22/south_koreans_like_japan_over_china.php
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The bitter dispute that has developed between Beijing and Seoul over the deployment of the US-backed THAAD missile defense system has caused China to become even more hated in South Korea than Japan, its former colonizer.

According to an opinion poll conducted by the Asan Institute for Policy Studies, China's approval rating on a 0-10 scale in South Korea has dropped from 4.31 in January to 3.21 in March.

That drops China just behind Japan which had a 3.33 rating in March. Apart from North Korea, Japan has traditionally been rated as South Koreans' least favorite country thanks to the scars left over from its wartime past, including using 200,000 Koreans as "comfort women" -- sexual slaves for Japanese troops.

In comparison, the United States holds a 5.71 rating, while North Korea is down at 2.17. Both these ratings have remained mostly stable over the last year.

More: http://shanghaiist.com/2017/03/22/south_koreans_like_japan_over_china.php

You ever tried to sustain hate against someone?  Wears you out.

Much easier to hate someone for a while then hate someone else for a while. Fresh hate is better than old hate.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

South Korea is one little powerhouse of a country, considering their vehicles and electronics.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln