Author Topic: BREAKING>>>>Nunes: Intel community surveiled Trump transition officials  (Read 19144 times)

Offline DB

One of the things that I lost was the illusion that conservatives are more sensible and rational than liberals.   I found out that many of us can be just as emotional and irrational as the left.   

It was a bummer.

Yes it was a bummer. I came to realize what a minority I really was and that many "conservatives" just want a different flavor of big government that does what they want and are not all that interested in getting government off everyone's backs and back into the constraints of the constitution. As a result I'm partyless for the first time in my adult life.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
   I think it was @pookie18 that brought me over with the Toones, still the best.

Yep, me too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hah!  I signed up the same day Jim Robinson did.  But he kicked me out anyway.

Last year, as the Great Migration unfolded, the Refugee Thread was seeing a huge number of folks from the classes of 97, 98 and 99 coming in.  From all appearances, TOS was actually singling out "old-timers" for extinction.  People who had been regular posters for 18 years were being unceremoniously sacked.  Many were Trump supporters, but had made the mistake of suggesting Ted Cruz was a good man.  A number became Never Trump people because of it. 

Some, despite being very intelligent and well spoken, kept crawling back to JR on bended knee when they'd get banned, forever losing the respect of many former (and present) FReepers.  I used to respect Nathan Bedford.  He's there to this day.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I have no idea if I am valued, but the owner claims nobody gets the zot here, for posting an opinion.

You do that a lot - thinly veiled criticisms without supporting information on threads that have no relation to your criticisms.  It gets old.  Either put up or shut up, IMHO.  You're here; you're not "banned", and yet you complain.    :shrug:

And, by the way, I read your comments because they are frequently well-said and well-thought out opinions and information.  Every now and then you seem to veer off, but for the most part I find what you have to say worth reading.  Except for the above.

Silver Pines

Same here.

@DB
@Smokin Joe

Here, too.  And boy, did it feel good to email Robinson and tell him precisely what I thought about him and his website.

Silver Pines

Hah!  I signed up the same day Jim Robinson did.  But he kicked me out anyway.

@Emjay, why did he boot you? 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I'm sorta thinking we ended up with the "cream of the crop"  of stubborn opinionated people,  including myself.   

Not saying that it's a bad thing,  quite the contrary.  :)   

If you can't tolerate dissent,  you are a special snowflake that needs "safe spaces."

I was Class of 1999 over there -- under another name.  I quit when I got sent to the kiddie table of having all my posts reviewed, apparently for saying something along the lines of "I really wish Trump would stop doing "x" because the Democrats are going to use that against him."  It'd be a cold day in Hell before I'd ask to be reinstated, and impliedly monitored to ensure ideological compliance.

Silver Pines

Last year, as the Great Migration unfolded, the Refugee Thread was seeing a huge number of folks from the classes of 97, 98 and 99 coming in.  From all appearances, TOS was actually singling out "old-timers" for extinction.  People who had been regular posters for 18 years were being unceremoniously sacked.  Many were Trump supporters, but had made the mistake of suggesting Ted Cruz was a good man.  A number became Never Trump people because of it. 

Some, despite being very intelligent and well spoken, kept crawling back to JR on bended knee when they'd get banned, forever losing the respect of many former (and present) FReepers.  I used to respect Nathan Bedford.  He's there to this day.

@Cyber Liberty

Totally agree with you on that.  I have no respect at all for those types.  I feel the same about a prolific poster over there who signed up here when he was going through the worst of the treatment he received at the hands of the Trump jackals.  But he remained where he was and started to post pro-Trump articles to get in the good graces of those who were treating him like garbage. 

Offline corbe

Started lurking on TOS in 2002, signed up in 2004, had a lot of fun over there until 'Free Speech' became an optional procedure subject to BAN. Still lurke on brief occasions but won't sign in, Ditto EIB and Trumpbart.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

@Cyber Liberty

Totally agree with you on that.  I have no respect at all for those types.  I feel the same about a prolific poster over there who signed up here when he was going through the worst of the treatment he received at the hands of the Trump jackals.  But he remained where he was and started to post pro-Trump articles to get in the good graces of those who were treating him like garbage. 

@CatherineofAragon   2DV?   
   Always loved that guy, fought like a true warrior in the early days, now, not so much.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

Always loved that guy, fought like a true warrior in the early days, now, not so much.

@corbe

I get that he's housebound and that posting lots of articles to TOS gives him something to do.  But he could do that here just as well.

He used to privately send me articles about Cruz, which I really appreciated.  When he started pushing Trump articles into my mailbox, I told him he could stop.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
I'll just say this. That site reminded me that ordinarily rational people will form a mob as fast as any other group. It got pretty nasty and nothing was being done to stop that. When the mods showed serious favoritism despite egregious policy violations, it was time to go. Once the feeding frenzy starts, it's a good time to be out of the pool.
JR did nothing to calm the savages either, I think he figured it was time for another purge, despite claims to the contrary.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline skeeter

JR did nothing to calm the savages either, I think he figured it was time for another purge, despite claims to the contrary.

I pinged JR twice to posts where I was on the receiving end of some particularly profane abuse from a Trump shill, who stopped posting shortly after Trump won the nomination, and heard nothing back.

I figured these were his new rules so out I went. Visit there from time to time still, I figure I'm not missing anything.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Last year, as the Great Migration unfolded, the Refugee Thread was seeing a huge number of folks from the classes of 97, 98 and 99 coming in.  From all appearances, TOS was actually singling out "old-timers" for extinction.  People who had been regular posters for 18 years were being unceremoniously sacked.  Many were Trump supporters, but had made the mistake of suggesting Ted Cruz was a good man.

In my case, it was reposting a 2011 thread response where JR called Trump a charlatan.  Go figure.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
In my case, it was reposting a 2011 thread response where JR called Trump a charlatan.  Go figure.

Several people were tossed for doing that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

@edpc it I'm not mistaken that was my very first post here at TBR.

Offline corbe

It was, lurked here for years followed @pookie18 to myst's house.

Quote from: Hurricane Andrew on July 21, 2016, 11:38:18 AM

Freepers 2008 - We won't support McCain just because he's the nominee.

Freepers 2012 - We won't support Romney just because he's the nominee.

Freepers 2016 - We must support Trump because he's the nominee.

At least the GOPe, as much as I despise them, are consistent.

To: Cheetahcat
Well, I’ll make an observation. Trump is NO conservative. He’s a self-dealing charlatan and he’s got a lot of fall-for-anything chump types fooled.
Mark Levin is my friend and a friend of FR and a friend of Liberty. I’ll thank you not to trash him on this website.

109 posted on ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2011‎ ‎5‎:‎56‎:‎22‎ ‎PM by Jim Robinson (Rebellion is brewing

Offline LonestarDream

What's scaring me is that you think Nunes is talking about "reverse targeting" when he clearly is not.  "Incidental information" has a specific meaning, and it's not equal to "reverse targeting."

Words have meaning.  It's important to use them precisely and correctly.

Yes it does.  Incidental means I was collecting the data for purpose A and then misusing for purpose B.

I dont expect you to understand/agree but others will see this as the formation of a GENERAL WARRANT. 
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline r9etb

Yes it does.  Incidental means I was collecting the data for purpose A and then misusing for purpose B.

I dont expect you to understand/agree but others will see this as the formation of a GENERAL WARRANT.

You're quite wrong.

"Incidental" in this context refers to information gathered on Person B, as a result of that person being in contact with Person A, for whom the warrant was issued.

For example, suppose the FBI has a warrant to monitor Al Capone, and Bugsy Malone calls Mr. Capone to plan a bank robbery (or Capone calls Malone -- in the sense of "incidental information," there's no difference). 

The warrant is for Capone; and the information concerning Malone is "incidental" to that warrant; however, it is also evidence of criminal intent by Mr. Malone and as such, by law, the FBI must report that incidental information.

Offline LonestarDream

you are wrong and dont see it.  The stated purpose of the collect is misleading- it is about the actual usage.  Keep apologizing for Obama/Hillary/McCain etc.

You're quite wrong.

"Incidental" in this context refers to information gathered on Person B, as a result of that person being in contact with Person A, for whom the warrant was issued.

For example, suppose the FBI has a warrant to monitor Al Capone, and Bugsy Malone calls Mr. Capone to plan a bank robbery (or Capone calls Malone -- in the sense of "incidental information," there's no difference). 

The warrant is for Capone; and the information concerning Malone is "incidental" to that warrant; however, it is also evidence of criminal intent by Mr. Malone and as such, by law, the FBI must report that incidental information.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline r9etb

you are wrong and dont see it.  The stated purpose of the collect is misleading- it is about the actual usage.  Keep apologizing for Obama/Hillary/McCain etc.

Remarkable. 

Here's the deal: I've explained to you what "incidental information" means.  You don't get to just make up alternate definitions to suit your preconceptions.

Offline Victoria33

@corbe

I get that he's housebound and that posting lots of articles to TOS gives him something to do.  But he could do that here just as well.
@CatherineofAragon

You and I have talked about him.  He couldn't do here what he does there because he hasn't known and identified with @mystery-ak. He has been with Jim for many years.  His disability is severe and so is Jim's.  He took Jim's keeping him off for awhile and bringing him back and changing the types of articles he posts about politics now - no more criticism of Trump articles.  He is just not independent enough to change forums and that isn't going to change.  I tried to get him to do it.  He lives about ten minutes from my house and has my information if he needs physical help or shopping help.  He does have a wife so he is not alone, thank God.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay, why did he boot you?

Because I criticized Trump and wanted Ted Cruz to be the candidate.  I may have been a little harsh in the Trump criticism thing.  But Jim R. lost my respect when he allowed other posters to viciously attack people for their opinions.

In the early days of FR ... back when it was called the White Water Forum and for many years after it became Free Republic, it was a wonderful place with a lot of really knowledgeable posters.  I left myself after the 2012 primary ... not formally, I just stopped going there but I went back during this past primary only to be kicked out.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

2nd Division Vet?  For a long time before the zotting began, he was the only one to post anything resembling anti-Trump articles.  I wondered why Jim tolerated him ... suspected big monthly donor or something.  I think he's still there.

I will say that FR is the best forum ever in the user-friendly sense.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Rivergirl

Has there ever been an administration so littered with people who worked for foreign governments against American interests.   Manafort did not just fall from the tree, he has been working for DT since the 80s.
None of these people ever bothered to register as agents for foreign interests.
DT did a lot of screeching about lobbyists...........then he filled his transition team with lobbyists.
Yet there are those that would stand up and say.......I believe Donald Trump.